Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
Anyone use one?
Seems like some good bang for the buck, I just want something cheap and waterproof for around on the boat.... just wondering if anyone has used one.

*I know this maybe better in the photo/vid section, just wanted some traffic on it before I leave work (thats when I would buy one)*

Thanks!
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have one, but have not used it in the water yet... but hope to get some wake shots from a tube soon. Ive mainly used it to film my infant daughter... Ive been pretty happy with it so far.

One thing I noticed though, is that it saves in .mov format, and quicktime plays them jerky, but VLC will play them smooth...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
VLC is the ****.

Thanks for the input.... I just figured it would be nice to keep in my car/boat/backpack an just have around for whatever random nonsense pops up.... as well as wakeboarding/surfing footy from the water.

Does the video actual look pretty good?
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-29-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
From the videos I've watched on youtube, quality seems good for the price to film riding and the waterproof feature is definitely nice. I'm going to pick one up for myself when I get home to Ohio next week.
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-29-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
I haven't used the playsport but I have the zi6 and it shoots great video. i took it out for the first time in a few months and it wouldn't turn on and i don't know why but it shoots really nice clear video. shots were shaky from the boat but it wasn't a problem after stabilizing using imovie. it looks like the playsport even has an electronic stabilization feature which I'm sure helps in that area. the zi6 also shoots nice stills in outdoor light and was a pretty good value. the playsport looks like a good buy to me especially because of the waterproof. hope this helped!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
It did, Thanks everyone!

I got my brother to throw in for half too and he can use it all he wants in the winter for snowboarding.... I'll only have to spend like $70 then... its totally worth that
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-29-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
congrats!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-29-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
Nick- The video is pretty decent, the the still pictures get crappy if you use the digital zoom which I guess can be expected. Below is a link that I posted a couple of weeks back of some vid shot from the boat. The battery life is about 1 hour. You can order spare batteries off of ebay from china cheap though.
For the price and something to have in the backpack which is what I do, it's great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H43XP1WJ7WU