Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-05-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
I have about a 3 mile breakwall protected run in this spot.Upload
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-05-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
Watch out for the crazies at Forest City YC.

If the storm is right, you can surf on the other side of the wall, sans boat.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-05-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
LOL yeah sometime I see em at Edgewater,they can't stay up as long as I can tho HA HA! Heck sometimes on the other you can surf using the boat as the surfboard.You in the area Joe?I ride there all the time,last 15years at least.If you see me out say hey.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-05-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
I used to sail crew out of Forest City and lived in Cleveland Heights.

Moved to Dayton a few years ago. Now land locked but found some nice deep 'Clean' lakes.

Enjoy. Hopefully you'll get through Halloween without the first snowfall.
I gotta keep going SOUTH.
Old     (ladyofthewake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-12-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
I live in the Akron area and surf at a couple of lakes in the area. Never tried Erie is the water any good near the break wall??Upload
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
I ride there all the time east of the"burning river".It's not as dirty as people think.After major rain you have to wait a few days to let it clear up.The wind was to be right also.It's no good when it blows parallel and weekends there are a lot of boat/jet-ski traffic.During the weekdays and evenings it can be great and if you get lucky and the lake is flat you can ride out there.It's all deep water so your wake forms up real nice no problem.It's not the best,sometimes its great,sometimes it's terrible,but it's where I live so you gotta work with what ya got.Hit me up Joe I'll take ya out and give ya some runs to check it out.I keep riding til mid-late Oct.Check my profile pict.To see what I ride behind.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-12-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
We should have an Ohio surf get together some time. We've done a few in Indiana. Share rides and stix.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
I'm up for that Show.Your area would be pretty much centrally located in the state.I would be willing to bring the boat down for pulling people.Or do something up here to give you mid-Ohio riders a different venue.

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on September 12, 2008)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-12-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
I'll probably have a crew set up on O’Shaughnessy next Sunday.
Old     (ladyofthewake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-15-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ya I am hooked on this surfing it is awesome. I might have to get ahold of you!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-15-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
Setting up a crew for Sunday at 10:00 AM at O'Shaugnesy. I have a second, no third yet.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-15-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
Show sent you a PM. Did you get a new boat since the Nationals at Griggs?

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on September 15, 2008)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-15-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
The American Wakesurf Association works very hard to provide equal and balanced port and starboard wakes at our events. We needed two identical boats for Nationals but we had no boat manufacturer support for our events this year. Fortunately Jim and the Snyder’s were gracious enough to bring their Avalanches to the competition. We’ve had very good experience developing quality wakes on both sides with the Centurion Avalanche.

I've had my Enzo since March/April this year. The Avalanche is really very good, top notch. Corey says “the Enzo is just more.” Upload
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-15-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Ok got the directions see you Sunday. Can't wait!!