Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
Are there movie editing programs out there that would automatically change pictures to the beat of the song playing in the background? I could do it with movie maker, but it would take forever to time all the pictures correctly. I see it done all the time with video, so I'm not sure if they are doing that manually or automatically.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-16-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
Yeah man, it is all done manually. Good editing is good for a reason.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-16-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
The good part is you could give the same song and same raw footage to five different guys and they would edit it 5 different ways which will get 5 different reactions from the viewer.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-17-2010, 11:42 PM Reply   
Never used it, but you can try: http://animoto.com/
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-18-2010, 12:07 AM Reply   
Shawn, I could do it for you if you wouldn't mind packaging the stuff into a zip file and sending it my way. I literally have nothing to do here at school for the next two days and depending on how long the song is/how many pictures there are, i could have it done pretty quickly.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-18-2010, 11:31 AM Reply   
Thanks for the offer Nick. We don't have the photos and such ready, I was just curious if there was software that did it before we got started.

Good to know you have to do it manually. I can do it that way, but good grief, that is some major work. I can't imagine how much time it takes on those fast beat, multiple shots videos.

I remember back 10 years ago when I did video for skydiving. You had no idea how the video would line up with the music until you rendered the whole dang thing. Rendering took at least 45 minutes for a 10 minute video too!