Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    tbill            03-15-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
Just curious on what kind of thoughts are out there...Any advice is appreciated if anyone out there has had a chance to compare these boats...thanks!

Looking to get my first true Wakeboard boat, so I am looking at entry level models. My priorities are that the boat is first comfortable and roomy, second that it has a nice wake. Given two boats all things being equal I would pick the more comfortable one over the one that has the best wake.

2004 Mastercraft X2
2005 Tige 20v (ConvexV hull w/TAPS 2)

Both have: Ballast System Tower & Racks Stereo and Remote Heater Shower Tower Speakers and Lights 2 Speaker & 2 Fwd. Lights

X2 does not have perfect pass (Tige does, and some other options the x2 does not have as the Tige is pretty loaded) so I would have to add that...other wise they are the same price. Each has between 40 and 70 hours (demo) but being sold as new.

Also thinking about these:

2005 Malibu VDrive
2004 Centurion Avalanche

I would have to add options to these, such as a stereo and perfect pass, but these two are cheaper than the top two options.

I have some demos set up already, because I know I need to get behind them myself to see what I like the best, but this is my first wakeboard boat so they all look sweet to me. I had an Inboard/Outboard before...just to let you know where I am coming from.

Also, have I overlooked an obvious boat choice to include in my decision? Any thoughts are very much appreciated!
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
I did the comparison shopping and bought a 2005 Sanger V215. Big on comfort and great wake. Life is good.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
I think you are leaving out one of the "Best Kept Secrets" in boating.

For what you are looking for and the price of used why not look at the Sanger V215 also.
to leave this boat out is just unthinkable! To
I would demo each boat that every experienced person in this forum recommends if possible/within reason, and that would answer your questions (that is what my wife and I did)
We chose the V215 cause:
1.dollar value (no advertising/sponsorship to drive up price)very reasonable.
2.We felt it was the best handling boat(passed here *** bounce test).
3.Wake is awesome!
4.Different, not like everybody elses on the water!
5.years in business/history/small production #/experience.
6.Size of beer mmmm I mean ice cooler(has 3)
7.simple easy to read cockpit gauges.
8.sales/service dept. welcomed us in to the family before we even demo'd/bought!
9.easy no hagle price/purchase!

Ours family/friends have the major brands so we got to experience those plenty over the years so we could make the decision without being a hasty decision.
But to leave out Sanger that has 50 years in boating WOW.

To everybody else in the forum lets not start aaannootthhheerrr "Bashing" thread, if anything tell him why you bought what you bought, and how you made the final decision....
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
You have it right, go with which one you are most comfy in. For me it was all the little things that made my choice.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-15-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
The dealer/quality of service will make or break the deal. I'd also add Sanger, Supra/Moomba to your list of demos.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-15-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
X-STAR!!!!!!! NO QUESTIONS!!!!!
Old    thegman            03-15-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
tbill...

I second the motion for the V215. I just went through the same process you did and kept comming back to te Sanger for many reasons, not the least of which a fully loaded boat was still $8K cheaper than a Malibu VLX. This was just an added benefit as price was not at the top of my list of priorities!

If you have not tested boats yet, I suggest you do, that's one of te primary reason I went with Sanger...the boat drives better than all the rest.
Old     (abc33660)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-15-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
tbill:

I've just purchase my first wakeboard boat after coming out of an I/O. I would say that your very first consideration should be the reputation of the dealer you are dealing with.

Up here in Vancouver, BC, Canada, the number of dealers are very limited so I had to short list the boats based on the dealers that I wanted to deal with. Unfortunately this eliminated the Mastercraft boats but it did leave me down to Nautique or Tige.

Hopefully where you are located you have more choices.
Old    tbill            03-15-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
I would love to check out the Sanger now that you bring it up...but I can't find the list of dealers online. I sent them a request for a dealer near me but have not heard back yet....

Thanks!
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
I just went through this last year both are great boats I liked the wake on the X2 better than the 20v at the end of the day so thats the way we went.
20v also uses a bit more gas both on the water and trailering being considerably heavier.
As for the SangerV215 Sangers make nice boats but my favourite wake is that of the V210 and it gets freaken huge so if your going to look at something else check out the V210.
btw when you demo the X2 make sure you take some extra weight (couple of fatties) cause with additional weight the X2 can get big really quickly.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
V210 wake (normall clean wayy back too there was ac bit of wind messing things up that day)
Rider @80ft 6'.0" in height
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
your profile doesnt say much bout you, so wear you located?
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-16-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
tbill,

What area are you in? I'm sure that either Kenny or I can find a Sanger dealer near you.

I too have a Sanger V215 and LOVE IT. The reasons I bought it were the handling, price, customer service, and the general look. I was a new boat owner when I purchased so I had no clue what kind of wake I was looking for. Now, we are VERY happy with the wake now that we know how to ride.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-16-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
Malibu first
X-2 second
You can't go wrong with either boat. It depends on the dealer and options that come with the boat.

Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-16-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Have you looked at the Sky Supreme? I thought those looked like good quality at the boat show. I thought the Tige V20 was small inside and a little cheap looking. Good luck.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-16-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
The Sky Supreme is a pretty boat but it doesn't pass my "boobie test". That's all I have to say.

Whatever you do... TEST DRIVE FIRST!
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-16-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
Sky Supreme...how many times has Supreme gone bankrupt?

www.mastercraft.com

RESALE, Best built boat out there BAR NONE

Think about it hard but not to much !!!
Old    zboomer            03-16-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
So the most important thing about a boat in your eyes, is resale? What about the time you own it? Shouldn't you enjoy that too?

I guess to you it would be ok to sacrifice with a boat that might not fit you best, just because it MIGHT have better resale years down the road.

Boats are toys, not investments.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-16-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
All 4 boats are great! I don't think you would go wrong with any. My suggestion check out the dealers they can make a boat purchase heaven or he.... well you get the point. test drive them if you can one may stick out as a better fit than the others