Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (oulaxster25)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
I was wondering what other people do to stay in shape when they are not out on the water? What programs do you guys do?

With Michgan's off-season so long, I am starting to get a little soft. I just started to get back into working out. I started run, jumping rope, doing crunches and lifting wieghts.

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-25-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
Sounds like you're on the right track. Cardio and weight training are great.
Old    phibes            02-25-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
i skateboard/snowboard to stay in shape, but you gotta have arms too, so i lift for that
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-26-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
running and a little lifting. Running helps get rid of the winter fat. Some basic weight training helps ease me into the season. Be sure to concentrate on lower and upper back, Abs, biceps, Quads, and Hamstrings.

Dale where at in GR do you live? Ever make it up to Muskegon river?
Old    klk            02-26-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/wakeboardingworkout1.asp

this should help
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-26-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
thanks zach - That link is just what I needed.

I just decided I need to start an exercise program and have been looking for the same information. I just started monday with a five day a week approach. Each day I warm up with a 10 minute run on a treadmill and then I do four different strength exercises in 3 sets of 16. I then go back and do another 10 minute run on the treadmill. After a few weeks of this I plan on increasing the number of exercises to something like six.

This is the first time I've really worked out since high school football over twenty years ago and not starting this years ago was a big mistake. I've only been doing this for three days now and already feel better, even if it is just in my head.
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-26-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
from the article
-
I recommend a standard 3 day per week weight training program with one day rest between each workout. Split your workout into body parts because it is best to let the muscles recover for 5-7 days after training them.
-

This is the way my workout is designed. I do four different workouts per day and different workouts each day. This way by the end of the week you have done 20 different workouts. I also try to target different areas to allow for recovery time.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-26-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
My wakeboarding diet consists of fast food every day im at work (which is everyday).....such items as Wendy's, BurgerVille, Jack-in-the-Box, Mikes Drive-In, and of course can't forget B.P.(Big Pizza!) So i'd say im ready to go this season!!!! Bring On The Butta!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-26-2004, 9:54 PM Reply   
i do situps and pushups everynight. just kinda makes me feel good, it helps a little i guess.
Old    indywakechica            02-27-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
I've started doing yoga and pilates which has made me way more flexible. I'm hoping this will help my riding but not sure how. Perhaps just help prevent injuries?? Thrown strength training into the mix also to of my existing workout of an intense step class. Hopefully it'll pay off and I'll go from really sucks to just somewhat sucks :-)
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-27-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
Pilates rocks...it has helped my strength and flexibility big time. My riding last year, and my stamina specifically, was helped greatly.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-27-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
Monday - Chest, Biceps, and abs
Tuesday - Shoulders, Triceps and lower back
Wednesday - Legs (quads - hams)
Thursday - Back and Traps
Friday - rest
Saturday - (wake or snow)
Sunday - (wake or snow)
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-27-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
J-Rod,

Looks like that work out program is working out pretty good for you. This profile pic of you shows that you have nothing but lean muscle mass : )

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-27-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
not bad huh?? You should have seen me before. The ladies LOVE my new look.