Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-31-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
alright, it may be time for an alarm for the boat. A group of people hit 19 boats on my dock at Shasta this weekend, Sunday night actually. I had actually pulled my boat out that evening at dark as did my brohter. A few of my friends were not as lucky. I saw Rick Ator was working on an alarm system on here a few weeks ago, anyone else have any other options at this point.

And FYI, anyone else who has boats moored around Shasta right now, be careful. The group was well organized and very clean with the removal of equipment. Disconnecting battery terminals and unscrewing amplifiers. They did however consume quite a few "beverages" during the heist. They left all the empties on the docks. Oh Well, I still think it is worth the worries to have a system in the boat.
Old     (sbilyeu)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Thieves are hitting boats left and right! Alarms definitely help. These guys are out for the easy take and the boats are the easy take. Nothing has to be broken to gain entry. What is easier then that? They will do damage though. When my Sanger was hit, they cut the cover off with a knife which also laid my back bench seat wide open. That was a BI*** to get fixed right! Paging alarm with a prox sensor and hatch pins is the way to go.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-31-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
From my research anythign made by directed electronics is pretty good. I bought the python alarm system...around $50 on ebay, then will be adding a couple hatch pins, no prox sensor. My baot sits on a lift and there are to many things that will set off false alrams. I keep my boat high out of the water dn in order to get into it you haev to literally jump on teh platform, the standard shock sensor will set off the alarm. I need somewher on the boat to put some sort of flashing red light to let people knwo it's got an alram on it, but the boat is covered 6 days a week.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
where at shasta?
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
It is not just that area. People are getting ripped off all over. We have the simplest alarm now a huge attack dog! Good luck to those who try!
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-05-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
My neighborhood got hit hard too. For what it's worth how about spreading the word to everyone not to buy sh!@# from people they don't know. If you can afford the boat you can afford to get some speakers from the store not from the back of a van.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-06-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Steve-

Silverthorn Residence...Just past Silverthorn Marina.
Old     (ryan_mccloskey)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-08-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
I had my amp and wakeboard stolen out of my boat right in front of our house in Havasu this summer. Went out to the boat at 6:30am and the seat was up, wires were cut and the amp was gone. The real treat was that they left my wakesurf board and no stereo for the rest of the weekend.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-09-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
I've got an alarm on my boat. I had it parked in front of my house, actually right below my bedroom window, and heard my alarm give a warn away alarm at 3:30 am. I jumped up, grabbed my gun and ran outside. I didn't find anything, not even a cat. Felt good to know that if someone was prowling they were scared off by the alarm and will probably move on to an easier target. I usually keep my boat parked in the garage so usually I'm not worried about it.
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
Right on nu bu! Was it a proximity sensor or just the shock sensor that set yours off? Being a victim once is one too many times for me. I will be installing an alarm soon as well.