Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-02-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
But I can't. Due to being 7 weeks post op on an ACL reconstruction. I'm doing great with re-hab but man am I jonesing to ride. I know theres more of my crippled bretherin out there. Sound off let me know what your doing to get by. I'm watching videos and planning winter projects for the boat. but it's just not tottaly doing the trick. I guess it's true, you never know how much you need something till it's gone.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-02-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
Man that stinks I just got back from the lake. I broke out the fullsuit for the first time. Definately didn't need it but it's nice to be warm. Sorry about the knee, good luck in rehab and work it hard. You'll be back in no time.
Old    jesiday            11-02-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
David that sucks!!! I will be six weeks post-op this Friday. I've either had a miraculous recovery, or I'm pretty stupid (I like to think it's an equal balance). Lately, I've been wakesurfing A LOT. It has seems to help my quad get back in shape. I had a hamstring graft, so that's the most painful part for me.

I actually strapped on a board like three or four weeks post op, sin ballast, to just carve around. But, last weekend, I was feeling strong enough to get a little more aggressive...I was really trying to get my ollie back, and did a one wake jump. Too scared to hold an edge and land in the flats again :-(.

Other than that, I've started running and showing dogs again. Plus, watching a lot of trash TV and football. A little vodka never seemed to hurt either ;)!!!

Good luck with that knee!

-jesi
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Personally Jesi, I just think you're crazy :-) j/k

-Melissa
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-02-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
jesi IS crazy!

see you friday jesi!
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-02-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
I mean if you see me walking around and moving you'd never know I had surgery. It not that I COULDN'T get out there and board its that I SHOULDN'T. My physical therapist doesn't even want me running until about 12 weeks post op. I'm rehabbing this thing for the long run so I guess I'll just stick it out.
Be careful on that knee Jessica. It may feel great but that graft hasn't fully healed yet. I was told it takes 12-16 weeks for it to heal. I don't want to rain on your parade just don't want you to re-injure it.
Old    aimara            11-02-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
TAKE YOUR TIME TRUST ME I BLEW MY KNEE OUT THREE TIMES. THE LAST TWO TIMES WAS BECAUSE I RUSHED. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR LEG IS AS STRONG AS BEFORE OR STRONGER.