Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Hi there, Does anybody have any pics of the bow lockers and lockers underneath the seats on an X1/old mode x2 pls? Looking to make a purhcase and the main criteria (from my better half) is that it must have a reasonable amount of storage. We've checked an 04 SANTE and to be honest the storage was really poor, a couple of tiny lockers up in the bow and a tiny cooler in the main area and prefty much zero storage under the back seats.

Thanks!!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
The storage between the two is very similar. If it.wasn't enough in the Sante, it almost.certainly won't be enough in the X1. It is a very common complaint of the X1/X2/OG xstar.

Personally, I think people just need to learn how to pack for a boat trip and leave the extra crap at home, but I digress. If my phone wasn't jacked up, I would post pics up. But given I spent two years searching for a 1st gen 210 before I found my left over X1, I feel my statements are fairly accurate.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2013, 11:14 AM Reply   
need every inch we can get, small kids mean lots of gear........ My Sport Nautique has loads more useable storage compared to the SANTE,
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-14-2013, 12:04 PM Reply   
They are basically the same boat, how is that possible? The sante has more seats to store stuff under and the rear lockers should be deeper/overall bigger than the rest locker of a 98+ sport. What year sport?

You're probably better off looking for a Malibu of that era...
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the various comments. Really just after the pics however,

Thanks again
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
I think I have pics on my desktop.

There is a huge storage discrepancy between 99 -2002( i think 2003 was the redesign of top deck could been 2002)Nautique SANTE and the XStar of that era.

The Nautique storage "useable" space is very minimal. The XStar blows it away. While the locker sizes in the rear are negligable the storage under the cockpit is much more on the XStar. . The Nautique was really segregated and used sections w "trays". The storage in the Xstars go all the way through it really wide open and really easy to access. The area under the seat bases is much deeper and wider in the XStar. The bow area storage is the same way. The compartments under the seats in the XStar have much more room and easier access. Wen Nautique re did the design 03 it made the made ithe storage comparison negligeable and prettying much had same size areas. Up until then tho hands down the XStar blew the SANTE away with storage. Its actually one of the big reasons why I chose my star over the SANTE in that era

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-14-2013 at 2:25 PM.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
Thanks swat guy. The SANTE I was in was an 04, to me it seemed all the lockers were tiny, with minimal access. I was surprised there was effectively no storage under the seats bar a small cool box and back seat taken up with batteries and i guess fuel tank under the middle seat.
.In comparison the x2 (2005) had loads more space. Does your boat have storage under the rear seat? Cheers
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2013, 5:23 PM Reply   
Yup. Under the rear bench behind the drivers seat there is a storage space the size of that corner cushion. I keep my spare prop my detachable racks and couple extra ropes in there. Under the center rear cushion is a fiberglass tray. It's just a tad smaller than the actual cushion. I keep wet dock lines extra tsunami pump and all my cleaning supplies in there. You can't fit a vest in there but it's pretty decent size. Under the rear passenger corner cushion that goes straitj thru all the way to the storage along the engine compartment to the edge of the observers bench. Skis fit no problem. Holds ton of vests. At least 6-8 vests. The downside is that the rear engine compartment behind the drivers seat will not hold a board bigger than roughly a 136. My 142 will not fit at all. However it holds mi wife's and daughters boards together (. This all assumes u rip out the factory tanks and install much bigger sacs. With the tanks tho really no boards fit. For any intermediate rider jumping wake to wake and doing some basic inverts you will want at least 500 lbs back there anyways so bags are a must

The Nauti tho with the wedge tanks will hold boards galore. Here is where things get interesting tho and what you will want to consider. The Nauti stock wake is much better than the 205v XStar. You can honestly just add 500-700 in the bow to the factory and it will boost you and satisfy your average weekend rider for sure. It will send u flying. As mentioned you will need to have at least 500 on each side of engine and same amount 5-700 in the bow of the star to get it on the same level.

The other thing as u mentioned is the battery placement on the Nauti. The batteries in the star are under the observers seat by the glove box. Great location for adding stereo stuff and are hidden out of the way. Opens up bit more storage.

All in all though each boat has its pros and cons with storage aspect. No one can argue the point that the access to gear is much easily obtained on the x star. The seat bases just lift up dire you to wear u want to get to The Nauti is more like a puzzle. Everything has nice hinges and rotates up while very cool and keeps everything looking "a step above" it makes things kind of tricky to access. The push button releases can be very annoying to explain to people not familiar with your boat depending on exact year of Nauti.

These two boats are proven performers without a doubt. Both are close in everything. I hand interior room to the Nauti in 03 and above. It less cramped with the seating arrangement. I give the nod to the star on storage ease and layout. The rest ie wake , handling, quality is all personal preference.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-15-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
Some of the newer ones have less space because there is a back divider that the ballast pumps go behind.
Attached Images

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2013, 2:45 PM Reply   
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  48.2 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
Views: 1089
Size:  51.1 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
Views: 1131
Size:  56.4 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
Views: 1000
Size:  51.7 KB
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
thanks Swatguy, appreciated. Picking the boat up at the weekend all going well.....