Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    toolman            02-21-2006, 2:56 AM Reply   
Which boat to buy. Looking for cons on three boats, I already know all pros.... We live in Washington so season is short and we want to be ready when it warms up.

Mastercraft X1 $45K Dealer so so
Tige 22v $42K Great dealer
Centurion lighting $40K Great Dealer

I don't like any of the other boats I have seen, Malibus are OK but dealer suks.

Correct Crafts way over priced.

Moombas Too Cheep!

Supra no dealers within 200 miles.

these are just my feelings and in no way am I trying to fire up someone who owns one of the boats that I mentioned, I am just tring to prevent everyone posting about boats that I won't buy.
Old    toolman            02-21-2006, 3:36 AM Reply   
Sorry I forgot to mention, the X1 and the Lightning are 06's and the 24v is a new 05. But it is also the largest boat.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-21-2006, 5:01 AM Reply   
upgrade from the lightning to an avalanche --the lightning doesn't have near the wake the x-1 does...
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-21-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
What options are you getting on the X1 for 45K...? I am looking at the same boat.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-21-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Scrap the mastercrap. The X1 is advertised on their website at under 40k, then it is also priced with a $2500 rebate, thats $37500.

Why would you pay $45k for a boat that according to the manufacturer is only worth $37500....

You could put that $7500 into something else like fuel.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-21-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
See my other thread/post I was quoted 46K out the door with several options...
Old    00smizz            02-21-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
where about in washington?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-21-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
Is the Tige a 22V or 24V, your posts seem to conflict. Have you driven the boats? If so what did you think? I would say X1 for wake. X1 and/or Tige for resale value. Lightning and X1 look better IMO than the Tige. What comes on the Tige? Any Ballast? Tige will handle the chop better than the X1 and lightning. Tige's interior seem a little cheesy to me, but so does the new X1 dash/throttle knob?

We love our 05 X2. Good ski, wakeboard, surf, and handling boat. Only complaints is it probably doesn't handle the chop as well as a bigger boat. Where do you ride? Dealer is very important.
Old    stillstandin            02-21-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
Hmmm. Dealer is important. Tige, and Centurian are my two least favorite boats. (just my opinion).
Old    toolman            02-22-2006, 3:27 AM Reply   
Yes that makes no sense at all, Mastercraft is full of it, I called my dealer and told him about the advertised price, he told me that he could not honor Mastercrafts advertised price?????? I wasn't real fond of them anyway nor their product, they acted like they were doing me a favor showing me a over priced boat.

I think I am going for the TIGE, they have the only full replacement warranty on their hulls, it is a heavier boat by almost 1000lbs, much nicer interior, than any boat I have seen, and the dealer wants my business.

The Centurion is a few years away from having a great boat, or I guess I should say they need to work with their dealers a little more, although our dealer is great, they know nothing about the boats(new line).

(Message edited by Toolman on February 22, 2006)
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-22-2006, 4:06 AM Reply   
Before you buy, feel free to attend the 2nd Supra/Moomba Owners Jamboree in the Orlando, Florida area on April 22, 2006

we will feed ya and you can get a chance to ride in and get a pull from all the different models that Skiers Choice builds.

The Jamboree is located only 20 minutes from Disney - make a family vacation of it.

tune into the Moomba Bulletin board for more info and active discussions about the jamboree.

Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-22-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
you may want to go to www.tigeowners.com to ask others about the 22v- people that actually own one. It is a great boat that handles rough water well, has a ton of storage, and nice wakes. BTW that is a great price for a 22V.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-22-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
You gotta demo each boat you are interested in. After that it will be clear which boat to buy. You cant go on just looks, WW advice and dealer speak.

The dealer is important but IMO you go with the boat you like best. After you demo you will know for sure.

Another point is the Tige being 1000# heavier might not be a good thing if you do a lot of towing.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hey Danny, since you are doing a trash job on Mastercraft, let us know what boat you own. I didnt see one in your profile. AS far as the $39,990 price on the X-1, that is for a boat with a single axle trailer, no stereo, no bling, and with std ballast, but that is the old X-Star boat with a proven track record. The dealers order them in with extra options to try and make a little more money on them. I would bet the dealer is not makeing much off a standard $40K X-1 w/ no options. Just because the local dealer says he cant sell one at that that price does not mean they are not being sold for that price. I almost bought one in Orlando for that price. Do your shopping and check out the boat shows. And if you get a chance, read the article on buying a boat on the Home page of WW, it's a great article and it might save you a little $$. Any of the boats in your list are good boats and will treat you right. Let us know what you decide to do, and post some pics.....
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
IMO Tige is probably the best built boat of the 3. I just didn't like the wake. So if you like the wake and it suits your riding style I would lean towards the Tige, especially since the dealer is "great". The other 2 loaded up can throw a better wake. I believe Tige and MC have better warranties and from what I hear better administration of those warranties.
Do you live in Texas?
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
Byrd,
I am sorry that my post upsets you, I would be upset also if I had paid what you paid for that mastercrap and the next year they dropped the price by thousand, but you should not be mad at me, you should be mad at mastercrap.

I am not trashing anyone, just exposing a lie, if my child lies he gets a spanking, but for some reason we believe that it is ok for a huge company to lie, and most of Americans such as yourself buy into that. As for what they are advertising, The ad is in this months Overtons, the boat has a KGB Ballast, with a stereo, and almost every option they offer, as far as the trailer is concerned, I could care less that it is a single axle, I would keep it in the boat house. It is there in black and white. But you must be able to read to get the full story.
Nothing that I have posted is untruth, I have posted links, to mastercraps websites that backed up everything I have posted......

http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=viewDab&series=x&boat=ps205x1. 06

http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=News02&newsid=16

As far as our boats, we own a Harris pontoon, Allison Bass, Maxum run about, Seadoo GTI, Canoe, and paddleboat and soon to have a Wakeboard boat of some kind in the slip as well, but never a mastercrap.

Im sorry that they cheated you out of your hard earned cash.

Danny
Old     (grampsrider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
if i was in ur situation my order would be Mastercraft, Tige, Centurion.i liked all the wakes but the centurion lightning.
Old    toolman            02-22-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Chris im in DC
Old    walt            02-22-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
The X-1 gets my vote for the best wake out there.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-22-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
Danny, Mastercrap???...is that really necessary.

Of the 3, I would pay the extra $3k for the MC.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       02-22-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Chris, did you go to the Spokane boat show?

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
Danny, First of all you dont know anything about my business because you dont know what I paid for my toys, and it is none of your concern. But you proved the point I was making, YOU DONT OWN ANY WAKEBOARD BOAT. So until you spend your hardearned money on one your opinion does not mean CRAP. This is one thing that really sucks about threads like this, you get someone that thinks they know it all about certain boats, but has not spent one dime for the experience. FYI, that blinged out X-2 in my profile was bought used, for less money than the new X-1's. I almost bought a BRAND NEW X-1 for $39,990, but I decided to buy the 05' X-2 insteadbecause it was loaded up. So, Mr. Know It All, you really dont know as much as you think. I stil dont see what the "Lie" is you are talking about....
Old    buttskimmer            02-22-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
I find it strange that your Moomba dealer doesn't carry Supra's too. Since its a Skiers Choice boat he might be able to order one.
Considering your other choices - I would advise you to go and look again at the new Moomba LSV that is new for 2006. That is if the dealer is good.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
okay danny, i'll bite, you link to the mastercraft pages, which really doesn't mean anything, but you also refer to something you saw in overtons. forgive me, but is that the same online retailer? where is their add? sounds to me like they're the one's you should be pissed at for false advertising. or was it just those same flyers you linked? that is pretty lame, but let's be honest here, it's like anything else. my next car's "starting at" price is going to be way less than what i actually pay for it right? before you go on a rant, i get it. i see your point, and it is pretty lame, but the reality is they're still selling them and it's not like they have surplus inventory. if they did and they had to move it, maybe they'd deal and maybe you'd see that price, but they don't, they won't, and you won't. i'm sorry for falling for it and taking this off topic.

i'd go for the mastercraft.
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 11:35 PM Reply   
42k is a great price on the Tige. If you ever go out with a large crew (i.e. more than 6 people), the Tige is the only one of the three that will be comfortable. Also, Tige is great in rough water, too. With what you say about the dealer and how you like the interior, the Tige sounds like the obvious choice for you. The only thing I might be concerned about is your personal preference on the wake. Some people really like the Tige wakes, but some don't. I imagine it's a bit cold in Washington at the moment, but if you have an opportunity to ride behind a 22V (2003 or newer), that could help seal your decision.
Old    toolman            02-23-2006, 2:37 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the help,
I will be picking up my Tige 22v in 2 weeks.

The post about Mastercraft's are true, I took the ad to my dealer, and he told me that he had more than that in the boat. (How can you have more than suggested retail in a boat?)

Then I called Mastercraft and asked them where I could purchase, or even order a boat like they were advertising in Overtons, and I was told that Mastercraft could not force a dealer to sell at any price point. ( So the advertisments are lies)

The Centurion was only about 2k under the Tige'
with much fewer options, although we liked the boat.

But when it was all over TIGE' Had the best boat and Dealer for us.

Thanks all,
David
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-23-2006, 4:37 AM Reply   
David sounds like you made a good decision, we have found a 05 22v at a great dealer also.

We should buy the boat on Saturday although they have agreed to keep it until spring. (We are going to add on so it will have a cozy indoor home)

As for Byrd, your boat looks nice, but Bling?

I don't own an elephant either, but I still know I don't need one craping in my back yard.

As for you almost buying a X1 for the advertised price of $39999. LOL why don't you ask the previous poster (David) if it can be done.

The only point I was trying to make was that mastercraft was misleading the public, im sure they build a good boat, but if they lie about the price what else are they lying about?

Why have singled me out to pick a fight with? I have backed up all that I have posted. The only thing I can figure is that the truth hurts.

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-23-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Danny,
No I'not trying to pick a fight with you, but you jumped on me, and my boat, like that elephant you were talking about. What I am trying to say is that it is not Mastercraft's fault that the dealers dont order them in to sell for the $40K price. It is supposed to be used as a cost leader by the dealers, instead some dealers are trying to overprice them. If the dealer orders one with single axle trailer, std ballast, no radio, std boardracks and that's it, you can get one for under $40K. I know this for a fact because Liquid Sports Marine in Orlando, was going to sell me an 06' X-1 for the $39,999 price, plus tax, tag and title. Instead, I chose that 05' X-2 because it is loaded with all the options except heater and shower. They had at least one to sell for $40K on their lot, but they had a few with more options for the $42K-$45K price as well. Dont blame the manufacturer because the final price is up to what the dealer orders in, not Mastercraft. If the dealer orders more accessories than what the $40K packge is then it's not their fault.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
Danny, it's pretty simple. it comes down to supply & demand, the foundation of our economy. MC builds a boat that bare bones comes at a certain price, when it gets to the dealer it has the dealer mark up. Mimimally he has to cover that amount, then he has this little thing called a profit margin and this is where the dealer gets a chance to earn his keep. How much is the market willing to pay for said boat? Well since Mastercraft(notice the spelling) is a top of the line boat they realize they can sell it for much higher than the suggested price. People will pay the extra $ at the expense of you calling them crap and getting butt hurt because you can't afford one. This is how boat dealers make $. What can the market handle, wham thats what they get. Its not lying about the price its allowing the dealer system to establish its own market. Hence a MC in my town costs different than one in your town. You can't afford one and so you have to justify not being in their market by slandering them, thats tight, good work. Not to take away from the Tige, which is a good boat. Doesn't have the wake of the X-1, but when loaded I certainly like it well enough. I'm not gonna disagree in that MC is overpriced but if you were selling them wouldn't you get all you could for them? People are buying them, they aren't too bummed you can't afford it, cuz your buddy on the other side of town can and will pay to have the X-Games sponsored boat. Find me a boat sold by the dealer that costs what the mfg suggests. Not gonna happen.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-23-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
Yo Danny, reread your first and second post......you are the one fighting and coming off like a big ass. Maybe thats just your normal demeanor.

Slamming somebodys boat brand, calling it crap and them telling them they overpaid is just plain wrong brotha.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-23-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
I'm not sure why you think Malibus are OK. They are by far the best boat out there. That sucks that the dealer isn't cool. If you are going to spend all that money, you shouldn't settle for a second rate boat. Malibu has the best wake out of any of the other boat manufacturers. Just ask any Malibu owner.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
While i love Mastercraft, i think you made the right decision for you. To me and anyone who has had experince with boats, the dealer is a big big part of the equation. My family probably wouldn't have an MC if it wasn't for Ski world of pleasanton. I hope you enjoy your new boat and congrats.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-23-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Jason,

I too think Malibus are OK. In fact Malibu builds great boats, and builds more units than the other builders in the towboat market. But for you to call a Tige a second rate boat is nonsense. If David has decided to buy a Tige let's be adults here and send him congratulations, not the crap you posted.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-23-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
"Just ask any Malibu owner"

Ask any MC owner, ask any Tige owner, hell, ask any Glastron owner!!!!

Jason, hit me up when you are in Hustle-Town, and I will show you what TIGE is all about! Big, Solid, and a SIC Wake to boot.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-23-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Its funny how we see all these boat bashers just registered this month. Dannys just pissed because he has to ride around in a maxumcrap.MC's have the best wakes, just ask any MC owner
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-23-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
To say a boat is by far the best boat out there just makes no sense at all, I mean the best boat for who? We all have our priorities in a certain order when it comes to boating and what we expect from our rigs. I dont recall hearing David ask witch of these boats has the best wake, he asked an opinion on what boat is best for the money concidering his experiance with the dealers he's working with. I personally like to board but would sacrifice a better wake for space and a better ride, some here wouldnt and they would choose to buy a differant boat than me, not a BETTTER boat just differant in what it has to offer for THEM. Anyways im just a newbie so i'll get off my soapbox.
Old    00smizz            02-23-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
yeah greg I went.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-24-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
JK and Brandon, don't take anything personal on these postings. Its just people giving their opinion. I never personally bashed your boats, anyone who has a boat to call their own should consider themselves lucky. You guys love Tige, I love Malibu. Brandon, I see you work for a Tige dealership so obviously you are partial to those, don't take these things to heart.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-24-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
Upload

I'm the proud owner of an 2006 X-1
Old    jlm            02-24-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I have loved both my MasterCraps...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
Jason, CCAW!!!! When you bringing the 'Bu down?
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
Paul,
it kind of sad to give up the Maxum, I have had several complaints, buy local mastercrap owners.

You see that is the boat that I tow their broke down mastercrap in with, and they are upset about it, although I think they are all trying to pool their funds together to purchase the Maxum so they won't have to pay tow fees.

It's kind of sad that after they paid 45-50k for their xStars-X1-x2 or what ever mastercrap calls that same ole little boat this year, that they have reduced the price to under 40k.

And now I am selling their tow me back to the pier rig.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Here is the LOW down on the MasterCraft X-1
Same info can be found at www.mastercraft.com

Good luck in your search.

This is from a web site called "motor boating". . It is right then the sale price should be near $40,000 plus ship/prep/tax/lic fees. I do understand that market can dictates price and this is not an add saying it is available for $39,995.

When is a big wake a good thing? When you’re pulling a wakeboarder. Even a pro rider like Parks Bonifay won’t land high-scoring inverts without one, and no boat makes waves like MasterCraft’s X-1. It’s famous for leaving thick, clean wakes, with a crisp lip that helps forge champions out of junior riders. The X-1 is the most decorated wakeboard boat in history; it’s pulled riders at the X Games and Pro Tour since day one, and helped Bonifay win multiple titles. For 2006, MasterCraft adds a feature even wannabes will love: an attractive price. This year’s X-1 sells for just $39,995, including a single-axle trailer. How cool is that?

Specifications
MasterCraft X-1
Price: $39,995
LOA: 22'6"
Beam: 7'7"
Draft: 1'10"
Weight: 3,050 lbs.
Fuel: 33 gals.
Engine: (1) 310-hp EFI V-8 gas.
Standard features include cruise control, ZeroFlex Flyer tower with light, KGB ballast system,2 in the stern, and underseat stowage.
But you don’t have to give up the good stuff, or pay extra for it. The X-1 still includes as standard the ZeroFlex Flyer tower, with its two-inch aluminum posts through-bolted to integral backing plates for a safe and secure pull. A tower with running lights are standard, too, along with MasterCraft’s cruise control and a KGB ballast system to let the driver control wake size with the push of a button. Standard power is a 310-hp GM Vortec multiport injection RTP-1 V-8. Finally, the 2006 X-1 features redesigned graphics, black-faced gauges and gel coat colors that’ll blind the competition. Let’s ride!

It is a NO FRILLS NO BS kinda deal that is an awesome package. If you wnat extras they are available, just like what the competition does !
Old    robertt            02-25-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
First, I am a very loyal Mastercraft owner.

Having that said, when the manufacturer publicly and repeatedly (and as part of their marketing campaign) says you can buy one for 40k.....you sure as Sh&t better be able to buy one for 40k.

If a dealer says its more, I would NEVER buy from that dealer and would share my story with others in the same situation.

If Mastercraft corporate decides to quote a nationwide price, they had better first get the dealer network on the plan first. That is their responsibility. Period. If a dealer cannot make enough profit at the nationally advertised price, Mastercraft needs to take care of its dealers by upping the profit margin on the X1 series boats. They made the bed, now they need to lie in it.

Just my opinion, but I think MC might have thrown its dealers under the bus on this one.

If your average MC dealer makes $4,000.00 on a boat sale (I have no idea by the way), and at $39,995.00 they are only going to make $1,000.00 on an X1.....many dealers will choose to up the price 3k to match their average profit.

Although I can see the logic, I think it is backfiring and pissing people off...and the people that they are pissing off are the last ones on the planet that they should be...

A person with $45,000.00 in their pocket that want to buy a Mastercraft!
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
Sorry,
I do not see it as back firing at all...$39995 is what it is and NO MORE. There is no FINE PRINT to read. Every new boat has prep and freight added in some where weather you see it or not. Our dealer lines it out for you. The more options you buy the more prep. You want 2 sets of tower speakers and lights there are not going to jump on that tower and install themselves.
Old    robertt            02-25-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
I am referring to the numerous statements by potential customers that dealers have refused to honor the advertised price.

Add ons are another story, no question about that.

The "stock" boat is a proven leader, has a VERY loyal following, and comes with everything needed for a killer day on the water.

It just bums me out a little to see people upset about the offering. Its a bargain...If they allowed them on my lake I can GUARANTEE you that I would have bought one.

Old     (biker_jimm)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
where in washington do you live.

J
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Robert you are assuming that the dealers are making less profit off the $39,995 price. Maybe not. Maybe its just a supply demand thing. Maybe people are willing to pay more. So they can get more for that boat so they are charging for it.

But I agree is bogus to advertise something that is not available. Dont they call that "bait and switch".

From what I have learned from owning a Malibu is, dealers can basically do what ever they want. Manufacturers dont or wont make them do anything. It surprised the heck outta me to learn that with Bu. Maybe MC is diff but it dont sound like it. Dealers are just the tail but they act like and get away with being the damn dog.

If that happened to me I would share my story also, just be a bit more diplomatic and use way more tact than Danny boy.
Old    robertt            02-25-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Agreed.

Its all about the dealer. I am confident that if I bought an X1 that my dealer would give me a fair, honest, and reasonable price. But, that's only one dealer.

Your point is taken and valid, but I still think that it would be extremely short sighted for the dealers to take advantage of a shortage of THIS boat.

Why only THIS boat???? Because its the only boat in the MC lineup that MC actually quotes a specific price (real price not MSRP). That is the difference, and the problem.

Think of it this way....right now you will probably find a $150.00 spread on any given 06 wakeboard you might want if you shopped hard enough.

However, if CWB advertised "$199.00" on a banner at the top of this site for your dream board, and you showed up at your local dealer and they wanted $240.00 for that same board you would be pissed.

It would not mean that the board was not worth more, just that you would feel disappointed.

Point is simply that if ANY manufacturer gives a specific QUOTE they should make sure that their dealers respect and honor that.

Manufacturers do not do that, its unheard of. Thats why they only quote a "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price".

I have no dog in this fight, and have no first hand knowledge of what these dealers did so it could all be a troll. However, IF whats being said is true its wrong.

Thats all.

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-27-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Ya right. You mean your dad pulls them back because you are not old enough to drive a boat yet.
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-27-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
I was priced a 2006 X1 for the advertised price. If I wanted one he had on the lot, it would be more, because the two on the lot came with options. The price of the ones on the lot was about 45K out-the-door and I thought that was VERY reasonable and fully in line with the advertisements.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Everyone seems to be ignoring the "S" in MSRP...that's Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price. All that is, is a starting point for pricing. How many people walked into a Chrysler dealer when the PT Cruiser first came out and paid sticker? How about the new Beetle? Get over the idea that the dealer network is obligated to sell anything at a certain price. All they are obliged to do is price things competatively enough to get the buisness and reap the maximum profit.
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-27-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
Isn't this kind of like the car dealers advertising certain cars for a lot less than others and when you show up you can't get one since there was only 1 at that price and they sold it that morning? Or when cars are advertised in commercials for a certain price and then at the end, the commercial says shown at a higher amount? Plus, not many car dealers around here carry just the "bare bones" car, they carry cars with all the options people tend to want and no one has any problem with that, so why are we jumping down Mastercraft dealer's throats for doing the same thing?

Maybe Mastercraft should have said "Starting at" $39,995.

Anyways, back on topic:

David congrats on buying your new boat, have a ton of fun using it, afterall, that is really all that matters.

(Message edited by melissad on February 27, 2006)
Old    robertt            02-27-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
I believe that the MSRP for the boat and trailer is closer to $48,000.00 for a stock X1.

The $39,995.00 price quote was not a suggested retail price, it was a quote from Mastercraft as to what you could buy one for.

Eddy, you prove that most of the reputable dealers are fair and promote their brand with integrity. In short, they honor the quote. My beef is with the other dealers that are not honoring the quote and make all MC dealers look like jerks. There are probably only a few, but you only hear about those.

Paul, what are you talking about???
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-27-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
RideHype4life,
Thanks for the desktop.