Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
I was looking in a wakeboarding magazine today at a book store, I think it was "wakeboarding" but I could easily be mistaken.

It talked about most of the more popular wakeboard boats with pics, descriptions, and graphs of the size and shape of the wakes both unloaded and with ballast.

Interestingly, the Supra and Moomba Gravity Games editions seemed to have the steepest wakes. I always thought the SAN 210 had the steepest wake. The SAN 220 graph looked huge!

The Malibu VLX looked alot like the Xstar in the graph but the pic of the Xstar looked more narrow. The Malibu LSV seemed to have a better wake then the VLX which was suprising.

I thought the X1 was suppsoed to have a really steep wake, but it looked alot like a Vride wake to me.... anyway, makes you wonder.
Old    stillstandin            02-20-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
The entire article was crap. I would listen to the people on this board about what each boats wakes are like, rather than that, or waterski mag's articles. That article was a paid advertisement, nothing more
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-23-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
I don't know my wake is pretty steep
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-23-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
MB boat/Sports has the best wake voted #1
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-23-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Ah yes, Wake Boarding magazine. Published by World Publications, who also produces the Pro Wake Board Tour. Sponsored by all the big names that show up in the magazine articles.

So much for any credibility.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
If it was paid advertisement, it would show MC, Nautique, and Malibu as the best wakes as these are the companies that advertise the most. I would say it had more to do with whatever boats the author liked best...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-23-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Not sure about Moomba, but from what I've been told since I haven't ridden behind one is the '06 Supra 24 SSV GG has every manufacturer beat hands down. Ramp, steepness and being totally solid. That will probably start an argument.

(Message edited by dudeman on February 23, 2006)

(Message edited by dudeman on February 23, 2006)
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-23-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
Here's another: Shaq is the best basketball player of all time....
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-24-2006, 4:47 AM Reply   
Epic? Guess they weren't tested, huh?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-24-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
every boat throws a great wake when weighted properly......

a nautique is too steep for some, throw some weight in the front, malibu too rampy? throw some extra weight in the back.....this argument will never end. the xstar howevever literally needs an extra two grand in the boat, that ramp makes for the best double up in the biz though.

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-24-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
If you see through all the advertising stuff, I thought it was not such a bad article. Good for anyone that has a new boat and has not had the time to experiment with the wake, a good starting point for the less experienced. Mike hit it on the head...they all throw great wakes, or they would not be sold as wakeboard boats.

Did anyone else but me notice Zane's picture where he's not even paying attention to the hotties in the back of his boat at the Miami party? I thought that was funny.....

(Message edited by byrd on February 24, 2006)