Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-19-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey duders my name is Justin. My new job is bringing me to Nashville 4 days a month and Chatanooga 2 days a month. I'm looking for a pull in the afternoons after work. If anyone is looking for a third I'm down to ride, depending on how far away you are. I am a decent rider with a few inverts and spins, always pitch in on gas and have all of my own gear. email me at jward@dynasplint.com

Thanks
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-25-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Hey guys I'm in Chatanooga on Tue. Anyone going out in the afternoon. Would love to get in a set after work. Hit me up if thats cool. jward@dynasplint.com
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-25-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
I'm an hour away in Vonore if that help you any. I usualy go out weekdays after work (around 5:30)
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-25-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Jon. Thats gonna be a little to far for me to go after work but I appreciate it. What lakes are close to the airport and do you know of anyone that rides there?
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-26-2011, 6:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pull Chattanooga (NOT!!)
Headed to Nashville on tue. Looking for a pull. Hit me up if you don't mind me tagging along.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-28-2011, 6:27 AM Reply   
I'm near Nashville, on Old Hickory Lake with an 08 VLX with a decent wake. I can get out weeknights around 5:45 or 6. Did you get to Nashville this Tues (26th) or Aug 2nd?
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-28-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
I will be there and able to ride on the 2nd and or 3rd. How far are you from west end?
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-28-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
West End to the marina I put in at is about 45 minutes with downtown rush hour traffic. I'm down to ride on the 2nd or 3rd. What time could you make it out?
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-28-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
I could be there around 530 or so after work. email me an address if you don't mind
jward@dynasplint.com

You da man. Can't wait to meet you and ride!
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-03-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
Brandon!!! Great time yesterday. Thanks so much for the pull. Can't wait to ride with you guys again.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-03-2011, 6:36 AM Reply   
Justin, great riding, great conditions and a great time for sure. Glad you could make it out and I look forward to riding again with you next week! You guys in Chattanooga should give this man a pull. He's a legit rider, so fun to watch.
Old     (brian_fuhr)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-07-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hey guys I just moved to Nashville a few months ago.....I would love to get in on the riding if possible. I also have all my own gear and would be more than willing to pitch in for gas. Currently working on trying some inverts, but more of a spinner. More of a snowboarding background.....anyways my contact information is email: Brian.Fuhr@ferguson.com and phone # is 423-748-1021.....I would really appreciate a pull! I can go after work on weekdays, but weekends are definitely the best time for me.

Thanks guys!!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-23-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Brandon, I was a member of wakeboardnashville for a few years, what happened there? Seems like the scene just kinda stopped...Ive ridden with mullis a few times and it seemed like in wakrboardnashville forums it was always a big community of riders. What happened? Everyone get married?
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-23-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
Brian, I was up at center hill lake the weekend before last and not really getting out on weekends that much, but when i do i've got a boat full of family/friends. Sorry i haven't got with you about riding, but hopefully soon before the season is out.

Chase, wakeboardnashville.com is still around, but nobody posts. The guy that runs the site lives in Texas. Nashvillewakeboarder.com is gone now, not sure who used to run that. David Mullis ran nashvillewake.com which really didn't go anywhere and he took it down. David still rides alot. Michael Mullis got married, had a baby and is now working in the wife's family bakery business. Haugy has a little one now too, Owenitall i believe started doing mission work which is awesome but i think he still rides jefferson springs on Priest, Ren is doing the college thing now and not sure if he's riding, don't think he ever posted much but Tol Swindell is still ripping and rode in Jake Owen's "Barefoot Bluejean Night" music video ( http://youtu.be/aRh-vBOS-dU ), I'm sure Monty and his crew still get out on Center Hill, Michael Williams and the rest of the TNT crew still ride up in Station Camp on Old Hickory, Tanner Ledford and his sisters still ride up in Barton Creek on Old Hickory, Cale Middleton rides up in bluegrass on Old Hickory on occasion, I ride in Cedar Creek on Old Hickory with my wife, daughter and my friend Nathan alot. Basically still alot of riders, they just stay in their "spots" and the community feel is just gone.

The scene started falling apart back in 2008. The INT tournaments got worse and worse, there was next to no participation. I think there is still a TN INT League, but i dont know anyone who rides in it or cares for it. We had a couple of local shops go out of business which messed with some of the grassroots tournaments. This year the Corp of Engineers/TWRA would not issue permits for Board Bonanza and WakeFest unless there were 2-3 hired security officers on shore and 2-3 security personnel on a boat. For a two day event, this would be about a $5k expense for the local shops to take on per event. The tournaments aren't money makers for them anyway, so there wasn't a single wakeboard tournament held here in Nashville this year. The lack of tournaments, guys getting married/starting families and overall lack of communication between everyone has just torn the scene apart. Obviously people still ride, but it would take alot for the Nashville scene to really get going again like it was back in 2000-2007ish. Chase, where are you from - where do you ride?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-23-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
I'm from Paris TN. And ride in ky lake (or used to ride) sold my boat. Our scene here has dropped off the map. It's really sad, I rode in board bonanza and wakefrst from the time I was twelve to around seventeen. Won beginner the first couple of years then placed in intermediate the last few. Seeing the huge community of riders and how everyone wad cool with each other was what made me really get into the sport. Id try to get the scene going again bit there seems like there is a lack of interest in my age guys. Whatever happened to that David wilhoit (I think that was his name) he was like 10 doing crows.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-29-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
brandon what up man? i'd love to get out and ride with you guys whenever you get out if you have room. since my brother went back to school i have no one to drive the boat. did you use to work out at sun and ski by any chance? i don't remember if that was you i talked to awhile ago or not. anyways hit me up if you have room man.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-29-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   
Chase, David Willhite still rides and still rides well. He is going to college at Tennessee Tech now. He's on Wakeworld Wakespace.

Steve, I didn't work at Sun and Ski - I think that guy's name was Brent Smith. I normally have room during the week, its just been an issue of getting out lately due to watching my funds.
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-08-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
I know I'm bumping an old thread but I just moved to Memphis, anyone ride around here? Have all my own gear minus a boat (soon to change).
Old     (Nikki0485)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-10-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Moving to Knoxville in April with my son and husband. From what I hear wakeboarding is super big out there... Hope so!! Any ladies out there who go out and ride? I'm coming from Denver, we usually hit the lake 4-5 x a week but it was my Dad's boat, so unfortunately I will be boat-less
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
I interned at MasterCraft last summer. Other than the other interns, I was only able to find I one other person that rode, at least during the week.
Old     (c5dagand)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-10-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki0485 View Post
Moving to Knoxville in April with my son and husband. From what I hear wakeboarding is super big out there... Hope so!! Any ladies out there who go out and ride? I'm coming from Denver, we usually hit the lake 4-5 x a week but it was my Dad's boat, so unfortunately I will be boat-less
Hi Nicki, I am still a beginner but I would like to get better this year. I live in Chattanooga but I go to Knoxville a lot for work. I know a few people down here but I am trying to find more people that wakeboard. Good Luck moving with your family. You are going to love TN
Old     (mhouser2)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-10-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Yeah they didn't lie it's pretty big here, especially with UT being the collegiate wakeboarding national champions. If you look around you should find tons of people to ride with, I'm still in college but be and all my friends ride at least 3-4 days a week and once summer comes it'll be 5+, and if you need anything gear wise or just want to get a feel for the scene there's a proshop called American Boat Center (ABC) and it's got anything and everything you need.
Old     (c5dagand)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-10-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouser2 View Post
Yeah they didn't lie it's pretty big here, especially with UT being the collegiate wakeboarding national champions. If you look around you should find tons of people to ride with, I'm still in college but be and all my friends ride at least 3-4 days a week and once summer comes it'll be 5+, and if you need anything gear wise or just want to get a feel for the scene there's a proshop called American Boat Center (ABC) and it's got anything and everything you need.
Hi Matt, I just bought all my gear but I always need a few more outfit so I will check that place out. Let me know when you take the boat out, I am in Knoxville every other week for work. Would love to ride there I have only been to Chattanooga, Hiwassee and OWC so far.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-10-2012, 7:57 PM Reply   
If you are in Knoxville, definitely go to the Wake Shop at American Boat Center. Talk to the guys that work there. Alot of them go to UT and are down with the wake scene around Knox. They should be able to get you connected with people that ride around there.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-10-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Brandon, you been out yet this year?
Old     (c5dagand)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-11-2012, 4:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Steve, I am going to go there tomorrow. Also I created a group that is called TN wakeboarder. It might be easier to post comments and good techniques on it. So far nobody joined but I only created it yesterday. Go check it out.
Old     (jasond54)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-10-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. Moved to the Clarksville/Nashville, TN area. Looking for a pull. Have my own gear and always down to ride. Will throw in for gas.