Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-13-2012, 4:04 AM Reply   
man, CWB is building a stellar team! Congrats to Nicola!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2012, 4:21 AM Reply   
Congratulations Nicola and CWB. They should do well together. CWB is adding lots of young talent. Tony Iaconni, Daniel Powers,Josh Twelker.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 5:17 AM Reply   
Congratulations to Nicola Butler, the best female wakeboarder that I know of, and a person who is obviously better than most of the male population of amater and some pro riders. She's incredible.

That CWB team rolls DEEEEEP. Wow. Nice addition.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-13-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Good for her, in regards to sponsor money and perks. Bummer in my eyes though, because

From this:

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/nic...del-breakdown/

She is now part of this:

http://www.kentwatersports.com/Brands/56

(The very same corp that ran Company into the ground)
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Good for her, in regards to sponsor money and perks. Bummer in my eyes though, because

From this:

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/nic...del-breakdown/

She is now part of this:

http://www.kentwatersports.com/Brands/56

(The very same corp that ran Company into the ground)
There is a sad bit of irony there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2012, 7:49 AM Reply   
Congrats to Nicola. I heard the rumor months ago. Glad it became a reality! Stoked to have her on the team. She's the best.

Let's not turn this into a thread about industry politics and ethics.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-13-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
So happy for her! i had empathy for all the company athletes when the lawsuit shook everything up. And while we aren't looking to turn this thread about industry politics and ethics
can we start a new one about them? cuz that link opened my eyes lol
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
too late
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-13-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Congrats to Nicola. I heard the rumor months ago. Glad it became a reality! Stoked to have her on the team. She's the best.

Let's not turn this into a thread about industry politics and ethics.
Says the guy who is sponsored by CWB

Wasn't my intentions, just a short response on how I feel...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-13-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Awesome news.
she will no longer have to ride around on a blacked out board.

as for politics ... it would have been real irony to go with LF... or maybe it shows/ would have shown a great act of "burying the hatchet."
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-13-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
I guess you can look at it in the way of she went to a "smaller" company in CWB than with LF lol
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-13-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Still feel so sad about Company's demise. Had a great team and they made a fantastic product. Justin is also one of the most genuine people I've met.Is there anybody in the industry who deserved it less??
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-13-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
I'm hoping they put out a welcome vid like they did for D. Powers. Would be awesome to see some new footy of her. Nicola shreds!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-13-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
It was only a matter of time before Nicola got picked up, but glad to see she's signed again. Congrats Nicola!

Maybe this is just me, but I was hoping Ronix would pick her up!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Great female riders are certainly a hot commodity in the industry.