Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   
why my knees always look so close together in all my pictures... only thing i can think is my bindings are as far out as they will go on both ends and maybe I need to move them in closer?

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-27-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
It might be because you're wearing a hat, and only Benny G can pull that off, and even then just barely.

Try making a concious effort to poke out your grabs. If you extend one leg, your knees wont go together, and your grabs will look better.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-28-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
i noticed this about my riding as well and what helped me was to grab all of my tricks indy to start out. with your hand/arm in between your knees it is literally impossible to have them close together. Once my body got used to this form, i could grab elswhere and kept my form.

Play around with your stance options and let me konw how that goes
Old    sperbet            06-28-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
nothing to do with the stance. as ben said, get the grab more toward the middle of your board and poke it. looks like it has more to do with form and technique than anything else.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2011, 4:44 AM Reply   
thanks for all the advice, i'll start working on my form and see what i can do!
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-02-2011, 3:23 PM Reply   
I am by no means an expert, but I notice this in the gym when squating a lot of weight the knees have a tendency to go inwards, which is bad. Try doing body squats concentrating on form and go as low as you can staying on your heels, not leaning forward on the balls of your feet lifting you heels. This will train/build/stretch your muscles properly and may help when you tuck.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-02-2011, 10:23 PM Reply   
I am NOT flexible - same thing happens to me.

I assume flexibility plays into it