Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
I have been working on my heelside w2w 3 and I feel like I am very close, but I can not make the handle pass. I know that is crucial. I am right there rotation is good and I am on axis, I just keep missing the handle. Any tips on how to make the pass. I am sure that I am going to pop the handle a few times when I finally get it, but I feel like I am right there. I have been practicing with the water-jug hooked to a handle so hopefully that will help too. I am going to try that again with my jacket on... I had the foam messed up in the lower part of the back of my jacket (CGA) and I got that solved so I am hoping that this weekend I can finally land one.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-09-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
wait wait wait to start the spin.
tug with two hands until you're at 180 or more, don't drop you're hand to quick
after you let go stick the handle where you can find it ... spot on your back or something
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
I am waiting to spin I feel like I am almost over the 2nd wake before I really initiate and I am trying to keep both hands on the handle as long as possible... I will try and get some video this weekend... Thanks
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-09-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
could try and slow the boat down and practice some surface 360's to get the feel of the pull, rotation and handle pass down.
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-09-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
edge to the wake with the handle closer to your hip

trampoline helps a lot too
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-09-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
we have just tried a ton of these....2 things you must do......jump with an ollie edge....little rope tension.....the height of the jump will come from your legs.

when you pull the rope into your back you can spin to fast and not get the pass.......if you just move the handle off to the side it will come to your back anyways as you rotate into it. Like was said above keep your arm in a bit and move it to the side and then pass, to much emphasis is put on pulling into your back.

check out learnwake.com......you can really dissect what they are doing.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-09-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Turn with your head and your body WILL follow.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-09-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
I picked up a cheap 16" handle and it helped me get the handle pass down.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-09-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
I actually helped my friend land one for the first time today by bumping him.. In mid air have the driver pull back the throttle for a second to create some slack.

It's not 100% legit but it will help you get the feel for it.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
+1 for leading the spin with your head. Don;t edge too hard so you keep line tension down. Think about popping up.

Since you are already getting the rotation, try focusing more on getting the pass. Let the spin happen automatically from muscle memory.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-09-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Its all about the pull man. I couldn't get them for years, but this year finally got them dialed. Practice taking an ollie edge into the wake, flattening off in the air, and giving a nice tug on the rope to get slack in it (without spinning). Once you get this down, do the same thing but pull it to your back hip, pass, and stick it!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-10-2009, 1:04 AM Reply   
what helped me get this trick, beside the normal, pop, wait....... pull spin pass thing. get half way around to where your mid air across the wake and your back is to the boat, freeze frame now, both hands on the handle in your back pocket and your back is directly facing the boat. try to imagine this position for a second, if you stayed right there the boat would pull you on your head, right? now press play and let go with the other hand and you come right around. hope i explained this right. its a fluid motion but try to break it down and believe me, if you get to that position you will make the pass and come around to 3.

(Message edited by westsiderippa on September 10, 2009)
Old     (guest)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-10-2009, 4:39 AM Reply   
one thing that helped me a lot with all of my spins was holding both my hands close together in the center of the handle.
Old    alanp            09-10-2009, 5:43 AM Reply   
check the trick tips section.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
Drills Drills Drills. This is what got for me. Slow the boat down to 18 and just practice one wake inside out 3's. Once you are comfortable with those, try them outside in and then w2w. Also for me giving the rope a little tug on my way up the wake (not initiating the spin, just pulling it a lil closer to your hip) really sealed it for me.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-10-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
the trick on the hs fs 3 that got me landing these was in my approach. if you come into the wake with the handle really close almost touching your body it makes it alot easier to then pull and pass after you pop. the handle will already be in a position you can grab it without even having to pull that hard after you pop. this also complements the edging position you should be in for this trick, which is very seated. al the pop comes from your legs and jumping at the wake. after i figured all this out i hit one that same day. good luck.