Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Well I know it's been along time (over 4 months but who's counting), but I'm back Wake World! I know some of you might have missed seeing me around these parts, and I'm sure there are some who don't, but oh well!

So where do I start?

Well for those who do not know I recently moved up to Lake Nacimiento, and since I've been having a blast.

I started a new profession as a carpenter and have been learning a ton. I also learned how to split my thumb open with a framing hammer.

My Uncle and I have started a Wakeboard Club called Oak Shores Wakeboard Club (OSWC). We've been giving free Wake lessons every Thursday to the local kids to try to spread the stoke. So far everyone has been very excited about it and we've been able to lock down some sponsors for the club including: Xtreme Marine, CWB, Powerhouse Yamaha, Miller Honda, and as soon as I hook up with my new rep Hyperlite should be involved also.

I learned to stretch before riding in cold water after I pulled a stomach muscle on a simple backroll.

I got a new CRF50.

I had my 1-year anniversary.

I rode 6 days a week for the first time, haven't done all seven yet.

I found the perfect spot for a rail jam. A friend of mine has some property in-between Lake Nacimeinto and Lake San Antonio with two ponds, one is a mile and half long and the other is about a half mile with a seventy foot gap separating them. Next time I'm out there I'll snap some shots. Then we just got to start building. Anyone game?

Got to see my good old buddy Jeff Frew twice now since I've been here. One of the times his was with Team Xtreme Marine and Mr. West Coast Camps Mike Schwenne! It sure was really cool to see you guys.

But anyways blah blah blah....

Here's some pics of my Uncle Fred and new riding buddy Rick Garcia.

Rick
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Fred Escalera
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

My favorite shot of the year so far
Upload

No pics of me haven't had anyone on the boat that I trust with a camera yet this season (hint hint...Bug...Joe...when are you coming to visit?). I'm glad to finally have time for WW again. I will contribute as much as my dail-up will allow. Check the Non-Wake Discussion for some new threads soon.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
nice pics shawn! in case you didn't know, frankie and i moved up north to sacramento...buying our first condo!

we'll definitely give you a call when we make it down there. we definitely need to ride and hang out w/ you and laurie!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Nice Joe, Congrats! Give me a shout sometime.

(805) 472-WAKE
(805) 835-3912
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Enough of the big guys... put up some pics of those kids you been teaching.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-13-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
sweet cant wait to chill on the weekend...now update youre brofile....
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-13-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
Welcome Back Shawn, Good to have you back since you are a DA MAN CLUB Representative :-) Nice Pics and hope you are liking your place.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
Ronia - Kinda hard to coach, drive, and shoot pictures, but as soon as I can I will get some shoots and post them.

R.J. - I'll update my profile just for you buddy. When are you rolling in?
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
Looks like u met Rick Garcia. tell him Brodie says hi
Old    walt            06-14-2006, 4:34 AM Reply   
Sick photo in Your profile Brodie.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-14-2006, 5:14 AM Reply   
Looks like your Uncle is throwing down. Out of curiousity, how old is he?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Shawn ~ For sure bro. I need to come and see the Sanger wake 1st hand. I'll give you a call and see what weekend are good for you and Laurie.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-14-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
VERY NICE!!!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-14-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Stanfield - He is 42. He was three time Master Champion and one time Vetrens Champion in the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club Series. He has an array of tricks in his bag including: Air Krypts, Half Cab Rolls, etc.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
air krypt, as in a raley to fakie w/o using the wake?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-14-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
great to see your name on the board again Shawn and great to see your Uncle Fred ON a board. Contest this saturday, gonna be there??? Also wake games next week, would be great to see the Escaleras represent!
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-14-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Shawn, that slider idea sounds perfect. I'm down in slo, a college student at Poly, and I know several people including myself and my roommates who would be stoked to get down on that. They work out at West Coast Camps. Also, I believe you know my buddy Steve Hiltscher if I'm not mistaken. Let me know if the rail jam comes to pass. Thanks,

Kevin Garduno
kgarduno@gmail.com
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-15-2006, 6:33 AM Reply   
Joe - I would guess that it would be Air to Air Krypt (or Square Krypt). Not sure if it is correct for Krypts, but people often forget that the full name for a Raley is an Air Raley.

Shawn - It was a blast to hang out with you and Fred!! Really envious of you for your new locaction, and the fact that you guys pretty much get to own Naci. Fred's VLX rocks (as does your V210). Some great pictures, I know that is just a teaser, can't wait to see more. Tell Freddy I said thanks for the Black Flys, will be rocking them at the comp this weekend in his honor. Say hey to everyone up there for us. Cindy, the kids, and everyone @ CLWC say what up!!!!
Old     (ballsdeep)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-15-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
shawn- what time do you teach kids on thurs?

I'll up in oak shores from 6/16 to 6/23. I would like to check out your club. I have a few kids.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
welcome back bro,but can I ask.....back where??

Back to Naci or back to LA?
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Um.. I think he means back on WakeWorld?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
thanks for clearing that up smart ass.Sorry if that was a stupid question but I didn't think internet access was that big of a deal.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
It is when you live in the sticks like Shawn does. Seriously they are 25 miles from Paso Robles and the only internet they can get is either satellite or dial up. Oak Shores(where Shawn lives) is on the complete opposite side of the lake from the main marina, it ends right where the Narrows begins if you need a perspective on how far out they are.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-15-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Shawn-Stephan, I will be up this weekend to my house,come by or we will see you out on the water.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-15-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Ant - You are welcome anytime. Let me know what works for you. :-)

Robyn - I don't think we'll be making it. We are trying to finish the house we're working on, but hopefully we'll be able to make it down soon.

Kevin - We just need some people to get together and do some planning, buy some materials and start building. The is also a pump so you can even raise and lower the level of the ponds. There is also plenty of land so you could pull with a jet ski, ATV, or winch. It would definitely be dope.

Jeff - Always a pleasure. Sorry we stole you away from your crew for so long.

JC - This week we are canceling lessons due to my cousin's graduation. But give me a call at the #'s above if you want to hook-up and ride.

Heavy - WHY THE F*CK DON'T YOU RETURN MY CALLS YOU SON OF A .....!

Ceasar - See you soon!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
I sent you an email Shawn. Pretty much the gist of it is I graduated Saturday & have been busy with that and Senior Project stuff, lame. Secondly, Amber dumped my ass and I've been a little low. Plus I moved to a new house. I got your call two seconds ago, but am working, I'll call you around 4. Just super busy and now I'm heading out of town for two weeks or so, off to Havasu & then backpacking in the Sierras.

PS - I still love you

Duno - Hows Danville? Do you know Craig Parlton?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
I was hoping you'd answer Joe's question.
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-15-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Danville is lame. No need to say any more than that. I'm coming back to san luis tonight. Never heard of Craig Parlton, but I also have no friends, so that's not surprising. Shawn, Steve's a weiner, that's why he doesn't return your calls.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Big heavy,I didn't want to make it sound that way,I just wasn't on WW for a few months and thought I missed something.

WELCOME BACK SHAWN,WW wasn't the same without you the time I was on it!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-17-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
John - TackleBerry answered Joe's question. The name of an Air Raley to fakie is an Air Krypt. Both tricks have "air" as a prefix to the name although you still utilize the wake in both tricks normally.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
Shawn, I wanted to hear it from you. I always thought that adding "air" in front of the trick meant what Joe said. I seen the roll2revert done that way but never a raley. So what is the correct terminology for doing it w/o the wake?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
What lake is that in the pics? Is that NACI?

Looks nice but I hear that it is a wave pond on every weekend. Is that true?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-18-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Air to Air Raley, or "Square" raley. Usually done in a turn.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-18-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Ed - Thanks buddy! When are we gonna hook up again?

GD - Yup the weekends look like the 405 freeway. But when you live and work here you are bound to get some good water. I just wait for all the tourist to leave on Sunday and then I own the lake for the rest of the week. It really works out quite nicely.

John - TackleBerry is right again. The man knows his stuff...and who can argue that?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-18-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
It's been too long but the good part about it is,I can somewhat make my schedule so I'll just have to avoid the 405 on the weekends or just bring my jet-ski!

Any plans on hitting the Delta up anytime soon??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
ed, no disrespect, but what happened to riding the delta all the time?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-19-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
None taken but this mofo needs to make money and Disco bay is not the place at this time.I rode the Delta as much as I could have in the time I was there but I still needed 2nd and a 3rd.peoples schedule was a little off!ohh well,maybe I'll meet some more people that could ride weekdays more.