Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
hey guys, recently i spent 6 months traveling the world.

at home i have an iMac, but while i was traveling i would just use other peoples pc's and transfer my shots from camera to computer then burn a disc.

now that i'm home i haven't been able to view or upload these shots onto my computer? anyone know how....?
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-14-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Insert into the computer and open the finder and read the click on the cd. If the computer isn't reading the CD I couldn't tell you over the internet.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-15-2009, 4:28 AM Reply   
Take the photos out of iPhoto and put them into a folder on the desktop. Then burn a disk using Finder. Works every time......
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-15-2009, 4:34 AM Reply   
My bad.... I was thinking about going the other way. Going from PC to mac you just need to be sure the photos are burned as jpeg. Again I put the files in a folder on the desktop and burn them from there. Some of the photo software programs add a few files to make it easy to preview (thumbnail files) or play as slideshow but a mac can't make sense of them.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-15-2009, 6:23 AM Reply   
You should be able to just drag the files off the CD in the finder. If your iMac isn't able to read the disc I suggest you find another PC and see if you can manipulate files there into something usable. Have you tried using stuffit on the files? They may be compressed.