Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey I am looking into the 05 lightning C4's. Can yall tell me about it like the wake size, quality of boat, engine, ect. Also what do you think it would cost to get one with some of the better packages. Also what do you think of it in general for wakeboarding and wakesurfing.

Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-24-2005, 4:16 AM Reply   
check with Lance (uga33). He has a lightning. I have a Cyclone and I don't know about the Lightning wake but I can tell you a lot about the quality and engine. I have the Mercruiser 350MAG/MPI and it is awesome. good quality boat and the cosmeticly looks a ton better than my 04. they have made a lot of improvements over the last couple years. I love my boat and have had no problems. don't listen to the wrong people. Only listen to the people that currently have or have previously owned a Centurion. You don't need some other guy tellin you that his mother's, friends, cousins, 1/2 brothers, stepsister new a guy who's sisters, friends, adopted mother's, shrink saw one going do I40 and it sucked. Take it for a ride if you can.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
lol ok thanks
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
I've got a regular 04 Lightning. I like the wake, but can only compare it to my old I/O. I wakesurf with stock ballast and a crew of three, driver, watcher and surfer. The C4 is supposed to be better than the regular C4. I like mine, good luck with your decision.
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-25-2005, 12:19 AM Reply   
ryan, I have happen to have an '05 lightning c4 for sale!!, it's in Jacksonville, FL though, not sure were you are located and if your available to pick it up, but if your interested let me know and we can talk, selling for low-mid 30's, but I can't remember the exact price, let me know and i'll find out all the exact details for ya.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hey I really would be intrested but I cant buy a boat till another month or 2. the reason is b/c I am going to finish the season in taxas, then sell my boat. I really would look into your boat but just cant for another month or 2. thanks for the offer though.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-26-2005, 5:42 AM Reply   
Thanks for the plug Patt. Ryan E my Lightning is the Elite V hull which is different from the Lightning C4 hull. I don't have any experience with this hull, however, I can say you will not be disappointed with any Centurion product. I can't speak for wake size but I can speak for quality. The fact is no boat is perfect. You will not be disappointed with quality. This boat will meet all your needs and then some. As far as price. We were selling one at the boat show last year for around $36,500 and had tower, perfect pass, center ballast, full cover, etc. You should be able to find a closeout 05 soon. Good Luck in your purchase.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
I have an Elite V C4. Very happy wih it so far. Good quality, engine has pleny of power to pull me out of the water, 260lbs. Good fit and finish overall.

Empty the wake is decent but with stock ballast and a couple of people it's pretty big. Hope that helps.