Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (adsman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
I just got an IS carbon loogey quad and wanted to get some feedback on what size fins to get for the second set. It came with a pair of 11.5cm carbon fiber fins. I am guessing that the answer is going to be "it depends on your riding style"... .so here goes:

the board is for my wife. She is 5'10" and "light" (been married to long to know not to reveal her weight).
She has a surfing background but has only been wakesurfing for the past year. She will want to be able progress with the board and be able to dabble in all of the tricks/skills... i guess i am asking is:

"what fin configuration will offer her the most versatility"

on the IS site they have a few sizes to choose from:
-11.5cm
-7cm
-5cm
-7cm 'trick fin'

you can see the options here:
http://www.inlandsurfer.com/shop/Results.asp?category=6

thoughts, suggestions?

I also did a search on the board and found this discussion on the carbon quad, but it didnt help me decide what fins to put in...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/559019/536052.html
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-02-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
I would go with the Trick setup that IS shows or the Thruster setup (The 7cm Carbon looks the same from what I can see, just carbon fins). But you are correct, its all about your riding preference.
IMO the best idea, if you can, buy the different sets of fins and play with different configurations until you find what works for you.
Upload
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-02-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
jk - you get that loogey off ebay ridiculously cheap?
Old     (adsman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
dtw, i did buy my loogey on ebay, I like to think I got a killer deal on it ... that is unless you are about to tell me that the board is hot or some sort of knock off :-)
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-02-2008, 11:08 PM Reply   
haha, no. i was thining about pulling the trigger on that too, but just haven't done so yet! Seems like a great deal to me.