Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (begarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
I hate to start yet another thread discussing which is better one boat or another, but I actually read and take points from all input. So here goes...I'm looking at an '05 Bu 23LSV and an '06 Supra 21V. Now I have test driven a 21V identical to this one and was very impressed and pleased. And yet I have heard almost nothing but good things about the Bu's. Surpisingly the price and engine hrs on each are not that different. Mostly the Bu's are a little more expensive but not in this case. I just want imput from some that have ridden in or behind an 05 LSV...Anything is helpful, thanks
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
i haven't rode behind the LSV but have always heard good things about it. the only thing that i would want on it that wasn't offered on the 05 models was the power wedge. i've rode behind and put many hours behind the wheel of a 21v supra. very nice boat. with that boat weighted well with around 2500lbs the wake will boot you up there for sure. which ever one you go with you can't go wrong. you might want to find out what dealership they take the boats to for the servicing. call or go into them and ask to see the service records to see if there was anything really bad that went wrong and thats why they're selling them.
Old     (flamike)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-05-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
both great boats, try and test them both out and pick which one suits you best. like ryan said dont think you can go wrong.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-05-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Not really an equal comparison. Both boats have extremely different wakes and features. Both are solid though. If you want a nimble boat that has a steep wake and is easier to tow and handle, than the Supra is the way to go. If you want a rampy wake that doesnt take a lot of tweaking, go LSV. It's also a much bigger boat which can fit more peeps comfortably.
Old     (begarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
yeah I really loved the 21V that I rode in. It's agility and holeshot power (with the wake prop) completely blew my mind. My only prob is I don't really have the chance to ride a malibu 23 bc the only ones around here are vlx's and there isn't a dealership within 100miles of here...guess I'll have to travel to make up my mind, thanks tho, keep up the comments...