Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    riverwaker            05-18-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
Hey guys, this is my first post here. We have to buy a new board and bindings since some punk stole everything out of the boat.
Anyway, I think we have settled on a board and bindings. From what I have read here, it sounds like the size recommendations are a little off. I like the LF Alpha bindings or maybe the Transit. I figured we would need a large but do these things run kinda big? I saw a couple of guys saying that they recommended a Medium for a size 10.5 foot. We will have anywhere from a size 9 up to a 11 riding the board. Do we need a Medium or a Large? Thanks for any advice.
Oh, which of these two should we go with for Beginner/Intermediate: Both LF's, Trip 138 and Fusion 139. All I can see is a difference in rocker. I am leaning toward continuous while my buddy is thinking 3-stage.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-18-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
try the bindings on, otherwise even if they're the right size, they might not fit ure feet!!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
From info given I'd go with the Large Alphas and the Trip 138. Great board and great bindings that arnt too expensive and good for ALL levels of riding. DEMO
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-18-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
in my opinion they run small. I wear a 10.5 and had to exchange L's for XL's. Especially if you have a wider foot or a high arch.
Old    riverwaker            05-18-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
That's the thing that sucks. They don't carry any LF stuff in my area. I can Demo Obrien, hyperlite, and CWB. That doesn't help with LF though. Not too big on Obrien, but the other two have stuff I like, but the Trip really got the thumbs up from everyone so far. If it is good all around, then I may be fine with it. I forgot to mention the weights of the riders, from 130 to about 190. I think the Trip will still work great.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-18-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
i disagree with Clint i just tried on my buddys pair of XL Transits and my feet were swimming in them i even had to yank on the strings so hard the sides were hurting my ankles but on the flip side i have a thin foot and ride XL Exos and love them where as my buddy hated the Exos but loves the Transits it all depends on your foot.
Old    murrayair            05-18-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
I would deffinately go with the L bindings. As for the board...hard to say, since so much of it is personal preference. Most beginner boards are continuous, though.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-18-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
I wear a size 10.5-11 and just bought a pair of the Alphas in a size Large this morning. They fit perfect, but if my foot was any larger I would've needed an XL.

SFH
Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-18-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
I agree with Clint on this as well I have a 10.5 foot and had to go with the Xl, the L were just a tad too small for me. Once they break in though you will love them I cant say enough about them they fit great.
Good luck..
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-18-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
i have 10.5 and i have Xl Parks binding with aparks board.

look on ebay you will have great prices
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       05-19-2004, 5:23 AM Reply   
In general, you'll need a size large Alpha to fit those feet. Everyone's feet are different, though, so some go bigger or smaller depending on their personal preference. For beginner to intermediate riders, I'd recommend the Trip, as the Fusion requires better edge control, and beginners will feel it's too loose. The Fusion will develop more pop, and is better for learning spins, though.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com