Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2010, 12:34 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I always ride Don Pedro and have never been to the Delta.

My neighbor is heading out next weekend and asked me to tag along. We live near Stockton so I am thinking he launches from that area. I know some people say its dirty and others say its the best thing ever, but i was just looking for some advice since it's my first time out there.
Should I rent a wetsuit? I never ride this early in the season, I usually go for the May holiday or couple weeks after when the weather and water are starting to warm up.

Thanks
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-01-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Just go along and enjoy it. Be aware that it is much more narrow than Pedro, but it can also be a lot more fun. If you do end up driving, make sure you know where you are going so you don't end up in any sketchy sloughs or anything like that. The water temp right now is 63 degrees, it may not be a bad idea to use a wetsuit or even a wet suit top.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-01-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
Water temp hit 67 last weekend.

If you have a great time, please don't share our secret.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-01-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
you're from Stockton and this is gonna be the first time on the Delta? You've been missing out. If you wanna stay on the lakes afterwards though we won't hold it against you.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
Ryan - 67 is not that bad i guess. I should be able to suck it up for couple of sets. LOL
Jason - I always go to camanche and Pedro, have always been a lake guy. I herd that the delta can be tricky at times so I stayed clear. I was asked to go, so I am going to check it out and see how it is.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-01-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
Tomorrow should be a warm day out there. If you can, wear the wetsuit, you'll be glad you did. Just be careful out in the Delta. Make sure you keep an eye out for the "other" boat. Being minutes from the Delta makes me biased towards it. Great place to do just about any watersport you can think of.

Have fun.

Mario-
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
What's up guys. So we went out on the Delta (my first time) last Saturday. There was no one out there other then people fishing.... It was some good times, there were only 3 of us in the boat, so we all got a good amount of board time. The water was pretty cold, but after about 2 min i couldn't feel anything... Anyways, here are some pics.... This is pretty much my first season of trying to jump on the wakeboard and actually 2nd time wakesurfing...

Photobucket

Last edited by ksilva; 05-12-2010 at 3:29 PM. Reason: spell check
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last edited by ksilva; 05-12-2010 at 3:28 PM. Reason: add photo
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-12-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
I was out there

Jacked up my knee though...

m-
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
Mario - you're joking right? What happen bro?
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-12-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
k-

I can't view the pics. Are the permissions set for public?

m-
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
Yea... I think so...or all reg people.... I can see it on my screen...weird...
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
I can see the pics!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-12-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
Pics look great. So what did you think of the Delta??? Getting to ride such a historic place like that is right up there with getting to ride Shasta, Powell, or Bullards Bar. It's on every wakeboarders dream riding spot list. The last pic is the choppiest i have ever seen the delta lol
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
Kyle - The delta was pretty fun. I wasn't crazy about how brown the water was at times, but then again I am used to Don Pedro and other larger lakes. But there were some spots where the water was truly glass looking, which was awesome! When we went out on Saturday it was kind of windy, but we found one spot where it wasn't getting blown out..so over all, not too shabby! LOL

My neighbor goes out to the Delta every couple of weeks, so I am sure he will let me tag along for another session....

I was afraid because I swallowed some of that delta water and I herd if you do that it gives you the cha chas! - but i was clear! LOL
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-13-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
I tweaked my surgically repaired knee when trying to jump from the inside of the wake out. My left foot came slightly out of my binding and my knee bent a bit the wrong way.

You will get the cha chas if you keep riding in the Delta. So stay away. :P You won't find any glass out there. It is all choppy water. It sucks out there....

Shhh. Don't tell anyone about the Delta.

There is nothing like this in the Delta.

Glass is just a myth out there.

m-