Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
why was he out of wakeboarding
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-11-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Needed to get his priorities straight
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Don't we all
Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
I seen him in High Wake Drifters. he looked about 15,how old is he now?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-11-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-11-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
wow, 15. It would be interesting to see the differences between the guys who got big pretty young and those who were older before they got a name. I have no empirical data but it seems the ones who got big later are better equipped to handle it with better life skills. Zane, Murray come to mind. There is a pretty big list of those who didn't but I don't want to mention names.

In the long run I bet it is better to not get a big name at a young age. Maybe parents would better serve their kids with that in mind.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
hey thats the truth sometimes u need to look ur self in the mirror. I saw him at the faction premier he seemed super chill and laid back. i saw him on u tube in a christ for wakeboarding and i usually see him wearing a cross. that may be part of it. I say great for him.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-11-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
there was a great article in Alliance mag about him a few months back. he touches a bit on why he left, and why he came back. it seems that religion is a big part of his life now. I dont care what brought him back. I am just glad he is back behind the boat again.
I think the Standerd is featuring him in their next issue. (I think they are. dont quote me on that)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-11-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
the road is hard on the young guns, I have seen it first hand. Constant Party is tought to handle.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-11-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
Pretty sure Murray was 17-18 when he signed with Hyperlite. Same with Zane, he was a show skier in his late teens when he picked up Connelly's skiboard.

As for Randall, he just got caught up in a lifestyle that doesn't let go. Tangled with the wrong folks and got hooked on the wrong stuff. Now he's a believer and chillin with God, big upgrade.
Old    benj_t            01-11-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
on transgression in his interview he talks alot about what happened and why he stopped. im not exactly sure about what had happened cause i cant really remember some stuff he said but yea pretty much what big heavy said... vandall is the best wakeboarder ever, he is definetly my favorite.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-11-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
When the pros came to Fort Worth I got to see him ride. He came out to Wakeboard Church we have on thursday nights. After we ride, we tie up and do a devotional. Gator lead the devotional that night. Those guys are super cool. Videos dont show how big THE VANDALL Goes. It is unreal!!!! I hope nothing but good things for those guys.
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-12-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
The last trick vandall pulls on trangression is killer!
i was expecting something huge, but its just a massive poked out grab (boarderline glide) ... poetic ending to a rad section
Old    benj_t            01-12-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
yea his part in transgression was the best ive seen
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-12-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
he loves doing moves that look simple but are actually hard than most nines.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-12-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
In New Jersey at our wakefest he was able to come out and ride...unbelievable!! Then afterward we had a Transgression Premier with Ronn Seidenglanz from Sidewayz. Aside from being an incredible rider, Randall was amazing to talk to. Sick video if you haven't seen it!
Old    benj_t            01-12-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
yea for sure.

and i read somewhere that he tried a wrapped toeside backside 7 for the first time and pretty much stuck it but he lost the handle as he landed.
Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-12-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
whats the difference between best wakeboarder(BONECRUSHER) and best wake rider(THE VANDALL)who's the MAN?
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-12-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Rusty = best at everything on a wakeboard when considered in totality (contests, jibs, rails, freeride, video, etc.); Randall = best at wakeriding, not necessarily contests, rails, etc.
Old     (lachie_mew)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-12-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
i heard somewhere that he stopped because of drugs or something