Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-28-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Well i have a 2000 DD Moomba Outback and i wanna make the wake bigger and was gonna add even more fat sacs to the boat. Well, i was gonna but either a launch pad sofa in the back, or should i get 2 side sacs and put them on each side of the engine? Which way produces the best wake?
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-28-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
1200 lbs vs 500lbs. im no engineer but im going with 1200lbs
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-28-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Depends on the boat but I could never put the sofa in my DD. Too much weight. Side sacs with lead weight throughout is a better fit.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-28-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
Yea, I think you would be happier with the side sacs and lead. The sofa just makes the boat look cheap IMO.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-28-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
I love the sofa. If the boat was ANY smaller it wouldn't work, but it fits nicely in our 93 Sport. People usually sit on it facing the rider with their backs against the engine cover and it seems to work well. You'll need a lot of weight in the front if you go with a sofa b/c it is very large when full.

I tried just about every configuration I could think of with fatsacs of almost every size/shape. We didn't like the side sacs at all because they made it such a pain to get around the boat. Just moving around from front to back you were always jumping on or over the side sacs and it was just a nuisance. That's just my opinion though.

Good luck getting your wake and boat dialed in!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-28-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
We drove our DD Moomba Mobius with a fat seat in the back and a large bag/fat sack in the walkthrough bow. That configuration worked great.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-29-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
I put a sofa in a 1990 Ski Sanger and it worked great. I didn't fill the sofa all the way up though. I tried not to sink the platform. Those help when you're wake surfing too. Just put some sacs on the side you surf and you're set.