Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-26-2011, 7:28 PM Reply   
I have ridden the CTRL Blueprint and really enjoyed it.. Let me say now that I dont know how it loads up because I was riding it finless because it wasnt my board. I liked the flex in the tip and tail and the base and the way it rode. I was wondering if anyone has ridden the Hustle or even the "mysteriously vague" RM. Is the tip and tail flex still there?? How does it load up?? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-27-2011, 5:56 AM Reply   
The RM is not available yet. All the boards have specific flex patterns. We did a review of them in April http://wakeboardstl.com/2011/04/ctrl-wake-board-review/ The Standard and the RX seem to be the most popular of the four boards out right now. All of the board are super fun to ride, it just depends on what you are wanting to do. If you want a cable only board, any of the four will be awesome, if you want something that works well behind the boat too, go for the RX or the Standard.

More info to come.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-27-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
Blueprint is definatly one of the most fun boards I have ridden but RX is an amazing board the realse off the water at cable an off the wake is crazy! i love it CTRL are right on the money with there product
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-28-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   
After yesterday I have ridden the Hustle at the cable (in April) and now behind the boat (in July). It's a super fun board that tracks well, is super snappy and lands exceptionally well. The board does have flex in the tip and tail; however, it is tunable. By moving the fins forward or back, you can obviously change the release point off the water/wake and you can actually take some of the flex out of it by switching the top fin mount/bracket from the plastic to the metal which will stiffen the flex pattern and make it a little stiffer, want a little more flex, roll with the plastic fin mount.

All of the boards are super fun and ride a little different. As I mentioned, it just depends what you want to do with it. Here's my personal take:

Standard - Great cable board, good boat board, but a little slow for my tastes behind the boat, perfect for the cable.
RX - Great cable board/good boat board, a little faster than the Standard. Solid all around weapon.
Blueprint - Awesome cable board/I haven't ridden behind the boat. Has the most flex in the entire line in my opinion.
Hustle - Awesome cable board/Awesome boat board. Just the right amount of everything.

For being a first year brand in the marketplace, they have a lot of cool technology and I think in 2012 they will be making some slight changes to improve a few things from 2011 and be bringing some more new stuff to the table.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-28-2011, 5:11 PM Reply   
i've never had more fun riding a board than i have riding the RX. Little stiffer than the blueprint or obviously any flex board, but it flexes just enough.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-30-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
Does the Standard and RX have a sliderbase?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-31-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
No slider base on the Standard and RX.
Slider base on the BluePrint and Hustle.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-31-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
No slider-bases on any.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2011, 5:26 AM Reply   
The BluePrint and Hustle have a slider base.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-01-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
Per their website, the Hustle and Blueprint do say they have a slider base on them. I asked about the Standard and RX, as CTRL is marketing themselves as a park board company. I thought it was strange to produce boards marketed in that manner, and not have slider base on them. I have noticed in videos, most to the team riders appear to be on the RX.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
The RX and Standard are great park boards. Yeah CTRL wanted to keep the price low, so they have no slider base, but still really nice boards for the money.

269 Standard
300 Rx.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-01-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help.. The RM actually sounds like the board for me so ill wait.. something flexy but with a really good load up... I like the Blueprint too... I appreciate all the input guys
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-01-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
Ive been riding the RX for about a month and is holding up perfectly super stoked on it
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       08-02-2011, 8:21 AM Reply   
I wish they made the rx in some larger sizes from like a 142 or like a 144. I want a larger board but the hustle is a little too expensive and the blueprint is a flex and I want as little flex as possible. They look like sweet boards though