Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-03-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
Hey guys - I am throwing this out there in hopes someone has some connections or is looking for an IT guy. Basically about a year and a half ago -- I left my position as CTO of decent sized healthcare company and bought a software company. It's been fairly successful but I am about to sell it - my partner and I have decided to go different directions and I am not rich enough to buy him out... Never the less, I am going to get a nice chunk of change - but no King's ransom out of the deal.

Never the less - I am 32, entrepreneurial, and yet I consider myself to be a hardcore techie guy - I feel completely capable of "selling stuff" -- be it a hardware solution, software solution, cloud computing, virtualization, etc.... I've love to get into a director or manager role again - as I was very successful in that. Also traveling doesn't bother me at all... I can develop, have online marketing experience, and understand disk arrays, sans, databases, c#, and pretty much any random computer acronym you can throw at me....

What's my problem? Well - I'm in St. Louis and my wife would prefer not to move. I am a transplant here and really dont know anyone that is successful or is the "upper crust" of the city...

Anyone have any connections or can help me out? Obviously I'm not in a huge hurry, I'll have a bit of income to live on for a while - but I am looking for the right opportunity - but I'd rather have an "in" from someone than randomly applying to 2000 jobs on monster, hearing back from 4 of them, and then not getting hired because I dont know anyone....

Sorry so long -- Just thanks for any advice, tips, thoughts, or connections....
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-04-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
See if these guys have anything for you.

http://www.factsandcomparisons.com/f...ns-online.aspx

They are based in St. Louis (Westport) and are part of a very successful business unit that is under the corporate umbrella Wolters Kluwer based out of Amsterdam. I currently work for a business unit in the same siloh but I work in Finance. I know they have a lot of IT based employment. I can't help as I'm only "in" with the VP Finance and his accounting team.

If you find something that interests you - PM me and at THAT point I can "talk to some people".
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-04-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Can you coach football?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-04-2012, 8:28 AM Reply   
Jeff: Thanks, i'll check out the listings and PM you.

David, LOL - I think I could have a better record than 2 / 14....
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-04-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
PM me.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-04-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
Have you considered talking to a recruiter? There was no shortage of tech industry jobs out here when my wife started looking last year. After a bunch of interviews she found what she was looking for and made the switch. The recruiters seem to have the inside track. Larger companies don't have time to be posting job listings.