Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Is this dealer closing? Correct craft anounced that MacCallums boathouse will now carry Correct Craft...which is only 30 minutes away.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-10-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
Same impression I got. Both dealer's are near by, I'll let you know if I hear whats up. MacCallum's will certainly take good care of you if its just service or you're looking to purchase.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
PN.com thread says NECC is done.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-10-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
NECC's dealer contract was not renewed by CC when it expired this year.seems like kind of a slap in the face seeing that Craig is a Meloon,but that's corporate America for you. MacCallums boat house is the new CC dealer. I'm sure MacCallums is a great place to do business. Unfortunately for them, Craig Warner has been very good to me and my loyalty lies with him. I have bought two boats there and my next one will be bought there also. Looks like I won't be buying another CC.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-10-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
BTW Derek, they are not closing. They will still be servicing Correct Crafts and are still a premier PCM dealer(I believe the only one in the area).
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-11-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
That is too bad especially that thier name has correct craft in it.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-12-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Looks like we have a new Tige dealer in NH
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-12-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
I would imagine that
MacCallums is keeping Tige too?
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-12-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
I so want to stay out of this but - Yep. They're no longer selling new Correct Crafts, MacCallum's is.

- NECC will still service your Correct Craft.

- NECC will still work with your PCM-powered boats, and they are good mechanics working on good powerplants.

God I hate this. I am so caught in the middle. I like where Correct Craft is going and I love the boats but my Dad and I have always dealt with NECC first and foremost and this changes a lot.

I really don't know what they'll do. I sense that Craig wants to see the recession through then decide what tournament inboards they'll carry. In the mean time they'll probably cater to the fish & cruise market, or, like the vast majority of dealerships - the **service** end rather than **sales**. Could they reunite with Correct Craft again sometime? Would that be so implausible? Will they change their name? No idea.

I talk to him a lot. We've chatted about what Correct Craft's real competition is in New England SPECIFICALLY, right or wrong (vhs vs betamax style) and have come to some good conclusions. We hate the same boats, and on the flip side - admire the right competition's offerings. Malibu makes a good product, as do Supra and MasterCraft though there are a few dumpers from both.

I don't expect an immediate change/replacement a-la the Orlando debacle. They're is already MasterCraft representation up here although one of their main guys that shows up at the boat shows to stand in the aisle badmouthing his competition is awful - one of their main guys, Guthro, is ok.

It is a crappy situation that I thought was rumor. I wish it was rumor.

All the while I want that Oakland Raiders themed 236 he's been sitting on for 3 damn years. Time to pull the trigger? I have this funny feeling about that boat......... like I did with my current one. I looked and looked - that one stayed available for way longer than it should have and boom. History repeating itself? I bet someone beats me to it on this. The boat is a steal at this point and I would just love to see someone grab it and be happy.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on September 12, 2009)
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2009, 6:08 AM Reply   
I really don't know what they'll do.

You would if you actually read my last post

MacCallums lost Tige.... to NECC. I saw Craig last night, he is excited to be moving foward.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-13-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
MikeS - I had read that as a joke. You're serious?

I don't believe everything I read on the internet except what I find on message boards - that's why I ask.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Yup. Done deal. Cat's out of the bag. If you go to Tiges site, NECC comes up as the new dealer.Apparently there is some history between those guys. MacCallums was a Correct Craft dealer until 97, when they took on Tige. Not my place to get more in depth than that,I'm sure at some point Craig will tell you what went down. It is truely sad what appears to be happening in orlando. I always thought aside from building great boats, a big part of CC's success was the legacy that followed them. Apparently "Nautique" as they prefer to be recognized by now, feels that they need to remove the old timers (ie Family) and move on. I just don't see how your marketing guys would lead you away from a history as rich as their's, establish new dealers,and leaving happy customers out in the cold, especially in this economy. I hope for their sake their right. I know there are alot of people in my area that are not happy about CC's decision. And yes, there are always 2 sides to every story. Again, best of luck to MacCallums, I wish them no ill will.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-13-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
I don't know about you guys but I would like to see a new england dealer start to carry other companies such as Sanger or MB...especially Sanger...they seem to be a great boat at a reasonable price.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-13-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
Oh my GEYYAOOWWD. That is really strange.

Can you picture a Porsche dealership becoming a Kia dealership? Because that sounds like what has happened. Holy could it have gotten to this?
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
I think New england has some sort of MB representation. The old northeast CC sales rep Bob Greenwood has stopped by NECC with a new MB in tow to show Craig. Not sure if he actually works this area or not, but he has been up here with one of their models
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-13-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
I'm without words.

(except those)
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-15-2009, 5:31 AM Reply   
It seems that Maccallums had the CC brand many years ago, like mid 90's? I am not surprised they got the CC line, but was VERY surprised they lost Tige, that astounds me.

I bought my first Tige from them back in '98 and have dealt with them ever since.