Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-04-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
I've narrowed it down to these. What are the differences in sound quality, weight, and any other information you can share.
Thanks
Old    mendo247            09-04-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
im in the same market and am comparing also..weight is a question for me also... my last tower broke from too much weight on it..and yes it was a brand name tower..you should look a little further down this has been a popular topic of late.. there lots of people pumping up nvs..on this site for nobody to say they suck or this brand or that brand is better is pretty impressive.. from what i hear nvs has by far the best product out there..
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-05-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
Just got my addictions mounted and they rock, better than I had imagined. I had the whole lake dancing. My girlfriend thought it was the funniest thing ever. I have never heard anything like them. They are BIG though.
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-05-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
What kind of tower do you guys have the NVS stuff mounted on? Duane just emailed me back and the Addictions are 23lbs a piece. I have a Skylon Swoop tower and the thing sways like crazy with my current setup which has like 20lbs total for my speakers. Add 4 boards to that and you're looking at maybe over 100lbs on the tower which will probably cause stress cracks.
Do any of you have any issues with stress cracks and your tower swaying?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-06-2005, 2:40 AM Reply   
Gid,

Never heard the Defcon IV's, but the Addictions are amazing. They are heavy and they hang low, however. If you remember, my old tower swayed pretty bad with the older defcon III's and they were a similar weight. No stress cracks though. I think the sound would be good with either, here is the short and simple dilema:
Addictions: Heavy, hang low, easy to power (250 watts per side)Sound great
Defcon: Lighter, Don't hang to low, very power hungary, assuming they sound great.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-06-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
I have the NVS mounted on my Illusion with no problems whatsover. no stress crack or swaying whatsoever. I have heard both the deafcons and the NVS, no comparison, Addictions hands down.
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-06-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
Hey whats up Troy? How's the new boat? I'm sure any other tower than the swoop is going to be more stable and less likely to stress crack the gelcoat. Can you snap some photos of your speakers?
We should ride when you come back down for a visit.
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-06-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
I purchased the Deafcon V's and love them. I'm running them with a Fosgate 1000/2 and they are loud, but rest assured the NVS's are louder. Those addictions are CRAZY loud. I went with the Deafcons for a couple of reasons...1)I wanted speakers the rider could hear but weren't too harsh in the boat 2) I like the carbon fiber finish of the Deafcons 3) I have the Flight control tower and its already low so I didn't want the speakers to hang too low. I haven't noticed any swaying or stress cracks as of yet. I couldn't be happier with the speakers, but if you want to be the loudest at the lake, go with the NVS's.