Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-19-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
What kind of projects are you guys taking on this winter? I have some basic maintenance to do, going to go completely go through my trailer as I logged a crap load of miles and figure out why my batteries keep losing water.

What's on your project list?
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-19-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Long list this year. New vinyl for some of the interior and new carpet if i have time, remove the old style reverse arch tower and put something normal on, install either perfect pass or ridesteady (cant decide which to go with), install some pop-up cleats, refinish the swim platform, polish the entire boat, wire in a new sub/amp, replace the wiring to my fuel pump (has a bad connection sometimes), replace the packing at the prop shaft, new bilge pump, and probably go through the trailer front to back. None of this stuff is critical as the boat works great as is, but if i have it parked i may as well work on it.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-19-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
I plan on integrating some bow ballast. I forgot my lead when I went to Shasta this year so I threw two 260 LB sacks in the bow and was blown away with my wave so automated ballast under the seats in the bow is a must. I also plan on swapping out a couple amps in my system a WS sinister 4 to power my rev 410's and a WS HD 6 to power my inboats. Also on the stereo list is a boost box to make things easier on the wife when she is driving. And to finish off the winter mods I am going to have a custom Poseidon mat made to replace my carpet http://www.poseidonflooring.com/product_info.htm
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-19-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
More electrical work on the houseboat. Mainly new battery bank, lighting, and head.

I'd also like to get further along on my 455 olds rebuild.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-19-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Harold I looked into that flooring and I determined that it was going to be a real pain to clean. FYI it is not cheap at all either.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-19-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by retoxtony View Post
Long list this year. New vinyl for some of the interior and new carpet if i have time, remove the old style reverse arch tower and put something normal on, install either perfect pass or ridesteady (cant decide which to go with), install some pop-up cleats, refinish the swim platform, polish the entire boat, wire in a new sub/amp, replace the wiring to my fuel pump (has a bad connection sometimes), replace the packing at the prop shaft, new bilge pump, and probably go through the trailer front to back. None of this stuff is critical as the boat works great as is, but if i have it parked i may as well work on it.
So you're building yourself a new boat over the winteer
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-19-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
Harold I looked into that flooring and I determined that it was going to be a real pain to clean. FYI it is not cheap at all either.
In fact just the opposite pull it out hose it off and your done. I have been in a couple boats with it and it feels great to the feet and always looks new.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-19-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
What about the mods your going to do on my boat "H"???
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-19-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Harold after seeing that flooring in a tige at a boat show I am seriously considering adding it to mine. Just depends on how expensive. Have you been quoted at all on pricing?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-19-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
Rumor has it you can get one of those Poseidon mats done for about $350 shipped. Which is A LOT cheaper than you can order from Tige from. Wasn't super stoked when I found that out as we paid $600 for it in our Tige.

As for winter upgrades I would like to add a 4th pair of in boat speakers, possibly swap out a couple amps to the sinister series amps. LEDs are also on the agenda.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-19-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Plumbing 1100 sacs in the rear using Johnson Reversible and 2 holes in the bottom of the boat.

Also going to reinforce the Engine Divider walls and may add some pouches to he bimini to hold the surf boards!

Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-19-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
The projects I have planned for my 1996 Nautique Super Sport are:

-Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake Ed.

-Acme 1464 Prop

-upgrading my bags in my 4 bag jabsco system to Flyhigh 750s in the rear & 580lb ski locker with the 1000lb triangle bag. Should be around 2500-2800lbs depending on how much the bags will fill up! Should be nice a nice and meaty wake though!

-Adding a pair of Wetsounds Rev 10s & SYN4 to go with my already mild Wetsounds inboat system.

-LED translucent Blue Rings on the Rev 10s

-LED Blue ring on my XS-10 sub

-Attwood OEM Underwater Blue LEDs (x2)

-Faria Depthfinder

- and last but not least adding the year 00-02 large silver AIR decals to the Hull

After this winter I will have my boat almost exactly where I want it. I may replace my rear wrap around seat cover from Nautiqueskins as when I bought the boat it has a small tear it which bugs me
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-19-2012, 6:29 PM Reply   
This winter I'm going to work on my switch Toeside tricks, Toeside double ups, switch Heelside tricks/ double ups and.... Switch side surfing.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-19-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
What about the mods your going to do on my boat "H"???
Adding a reversible pump to Tony's enzo sack. Tired of watching him do it with a hand pump. Also installing a set of Dbot 5 8" HLCD speakers to his tower with blue LED'S and re working his set up to include six inboats and a sub.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-19-2012, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
This winter I'm going to work on my switch Toeside tricks, Toeside double ups, switch Heelside tricks/ double ups and.... Switch side surfing.
I'm with DC... I'll be working on switch tricks and grabbing inverts
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-19-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
Oh yeah thanks for the reminder Ryan! I will also work on grabbing on my inverts
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-20-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
So you're building yourself a new boat over the winteer
Haha, not quite. My wife and i did talk about just selling the boat (a 99 205dd) and getting a newer, bigger v-drive. It came down to a choice of either renovating most of our house or replacing the boat. She won.
Old     (Matth101)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-20-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
Yay, a thread I can chime in on!!!
My "new" boat is a project itself. Here's my list once I get all my cards lined out;
1) New carpet (got it just need to install it)
2) Move batteries from rear locker to observer seat
3) New steering cable
4) Adjust throttle (slipping towards neutral)
5) Auto ballast (rear, bow, possibly center)
6) touch-up paint and rust spots on trailer
7) Service trailer brakes
8) New vinyl on bench seats, bow, and most of sundeck
9) Redo touch-up gelcoat
10) Dream about summer.....
11) If I make enough money this winter, add PerfectPass!

Last edited by Matth101; 10-20-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-20-2012, 11:29 PM Reply   
Jason,

Batteries lose water due to boiling during charging, G needs to reprogram that Balmar to match the batteries.

My winter projects include fixing the 4 cracked bunk supports on my trailer... Zieman.

Mike
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-21-2012, 5:24 AM Reply   
Going to put PP on the ol' Dyne. Wife is a great driver but this will make it easier for everyone.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-21-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
I have an 08 Malibu LSV. I don't have any major projects but I need to replace the swim step padding which the dealership told me would be around $200, and I have to get the tower rack forks powder coated black to match the tower. The racks were originally chrome and its half flaked off and looks terrible. I found a local place which would do it for $75 a pair.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-21-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
I may be adding another pair of Rev 10s and another syn 4. I need to redo the amp rack that will have stand offs on it to hide all the wires, and add my volt meter distroblock. I also am planning on redoing the interior, upholstery and carpet. Major buff job on the gel coat too. And oil the teak swim deck and maybe add rockstars to the trailer to match the truck.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-21-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
And trim panel for my JL 13W7
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-22-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Mike - we haven't isolated the problem yet but we are clearly losing water. Due to the placement of the batteries at the back of the boat and considering the high mileage I pull my boat we are clearly losing water from the physical movement of the batteries. We need to run a couple test to see if it is the TrueCharge 60amp charger and/or the balmar alternator system that is causing the issue. It is a little tough to figure out because I keep my boat in storage so I am going to go in and fill up the batteries and let it sit on the charger and check it every few days. I know the TrueCharge is programmed appropriately but I haven't looked at the Balmar System. Would appreciate any advice.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-25-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
I did not get a quote from Poseidon but another dealer of the product here in the Tampa area. Here is the quote. Dear gawd is it spun with GOLD and Diamonds. It seems like a great product but not at that price.
Hi Mark, I wanted to get back to you with an idea of pricing for the DMF flooring. You must keep in mind that DMF is not normal carpet!

Based on your dimentions, we would quote you a piece of material that is 8 feet wide by 5 feet long and you would trim it simply with scissors to fit the boat. The cost would be about $600.00 including tax plus shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
Rumor has it you can get one of those Poseidon mats done for about $350 shipped. Which is A LOT cheaper than you can order from Tige from. Wasn't super stoked when I found that out as we paid $600 for it in our Tige.

As for winter upgrades I would like to add a 4th pair of in boat speakers, possibly swap out a couple amps to the sinister series amps. LEDs are also on the agenda.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-25-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
^yeah that is exactly what I encountered when I was looking into it. Way too much for what you get, I even had them send me samples. I like the product but not the cost. Not to mention I don't know how you would finish the edges to look nice.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-25-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
@ Mark V Posieden is out of business. Yeah 600 is insane. will keep my dirty grey carpet for that. I would say at $250 to $300 people would use it.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-25-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
Add FAE
Add Swim Platform Ladder
Change Prop
Install Inverter
Add pumps for automated ballast
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-25-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
I did not get a quote from Poseidon but another dealer of the product here in the Tampa area. Here is the quote. Dear gawd is it spun with GOLD and Diamonds. It seems like a great product but not at that price.
Hi Mark, I wanted to get back to you with an idea of pricing for the DMF flooring. You must keep in mind that DMF is not normal carpet!

Based on your dimentions, we would quote you a piece of material that is 8 feet wide by 5 feet long and you would trim it simply with scissors to fit the boat. The cost would be about $600.00 including tax plus shipping.
If you check out this thread from TO 1 owner says less than $500 (page 1) and a WW favorite CWB for me says $300 plus shipping (page2). I talked to the guy who says less than $500 and he confirmed it was right around $350 shipped. That caused me to call poseidon and email Tige. Wasn't too thrilled about it.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...oseidon&page=2
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-25-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
Brand new boat is going to need some work because the factory options are a rip off. Will be adding ballast bags to the back to go with the hard tanks. Adding second battery. Then adding to the stereo, set of rev 8's, 10 inch sub and 2 syn 4's to drive everything.
Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-25-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
Install my HT4 and HT6, Pro 80's and Arc's.
Install a Automatic Charging Relay and a second battery.
Remove Carpet and install Hydroturf.
Add Gator Grip to the tops of the gunwales.
Remove plastic deck pad and install hydroturf pad to swim deck.
Build a removable surfgate.
Build some exhaust town turns out of stainless.

AND THE LIST GOES ON!
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-26-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
My project is moving form the midwest to North Carolina to extend my boating season

Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-06-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
Now that its winter ill bring the thread back...like a boss.
Need to clean up some wiring for tower lights
Replace shocks on engine cover
Install a couple more interior accent LEDs
Deep clean carpet
4x 350# sacs...I'm gonna "hard plumb" the sacs in the rear but use a cig lighter style pump. So I'll just plug the pump into the hose instead of directly into sac...hope that makes sense
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2013, 12:28 PM Reply   
1. Ride atleast once every month this year.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-06-2013, 1:31 PM Reply   
Mine is simple.
1. Buy new MB B52 23wb.

http://dcphotomania.smugmug.com/Othe...4837&k=bFvNn25

2. Go ride starting 1-12-12
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-07-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
I upgraded my interior lighting bulbs to 5 inch white LED strips. Easy upgrade that didn't take much time to do
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-07-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
20's on the trailer, change the amp rack and battery placement for more room.
Maybe try to design a sliding vane impeller for my ballast puppy and buff the boat out.