Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-09-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
I have been around guns most of my life. I have a unique collection of rifles and shotguns. I am not sure how it has happened but I have never owned a handgun...mostly because my guns have been purchased for hunting.

I am ready to get my first handgun and I honestly have no idea where to start. I know I don't want a glock - not sure why other than I don't want a gun that feels like plastic. I don't want a revolver because they simply don't interest me. After that I have no idea what I want.

I will use the gun at the range and for personal protection. I am planning on getting my concealed weapons permit and would like the gun to be mellow enough for my girlfriend to get comfortable with it over time. She has experience with my rifles and shotguns. Cheap ammo would be nice as I enjoy going to the range on a fairly regular basis.

My buddy has a Sig Sauer p226 and I have blown through a few hundred rounds with it and I like it but he is telling me there are much better guns out there. Price is not a big issue as I don't mind paying for the right fit for my needs.

What do the Lords of Wakeworld suggest?