Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-02-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
im putting this up for my buddy.

I have a 2007 Mastercraft X1 that has 750 lbs Fly High sacs in rear lockers plumbed (hard tanks have been removed) into the existing stock ballast pumps. My issue is that they are only filling up the sacs a little more than halfway and shutting off. If I turn the switches off and back on again and the pump will run for another 10 or 15 sec and shut themselves off again. I have to use my tsunami pump to fill them up the rest of the way. What is going on? They are reversible pumps and empty the sacs just fine.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-02-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
Reprogram the timer(s).
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-02-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
how is that done?
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-02-2011, 4:01 PM Reply   
Go to the Mastercraft TeamTalk site. There are several threads on reprogramming your timers.

However, you will still not be able to fill your 750s as you likely have a 6 minute max timer in an 07. You can purchase a 20 minute timer (Wakemakers.com) or better yet, simply bypass the timers by either rewiring the relays or simply eliminating the relays and using a full voltage switch, similar to what comes with Jabsco pumps when you buy them as an after market product.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-02-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
You can't reprogram the timers in the 2007 and 2008 MasterCraft boats. They came with a maximum run time of 6 minutes. You need to replace the timer modules with the newer Mastercraft Ballast Pump 20 Minute Timer Modules. They have a max time of 20 minutes but you can program them for as much time as you need. I have placed a link to the toggle instructions below. You might be able to get a little more time out of your system than what you have now but it will be maxed out before the bag is full.

MasterCraft added the newer timers in 2009. Before 2007 the system drained above the water line so the timers were not needed. The driver had both an audible and visual indication of when the bags were both full and empty.

MasterCraft Jabsco Pump Timer Instructions
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-03-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
thanks guys. i dont have a question though..... so once the pump times out and turns off, why when its turned back on does it cut off again but only after a few seconds? why doesnt the timer reset back to 6 min?
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-03-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
The idea behind the timer was to stop people from burning up impellers. If you were able to reset and fill another 6 minutes the pumps would run dry and thus the impellers would bind up and destroy themselves.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-03-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
okay, that makes sense. i guess what im looking for is.... what triggers it to run for 6 min as to 15 sec? what resets it to 6 min? ex. does the pump have to be off so long? or an opposite move from the previous ( fill to dump or dump to fill)?
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-03-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
Based on the threads at teamtalk 2 ways to reset.. Empty completely or if you switch you battery switch off for a min and then back on some people had success with it resetting to 6min.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-03-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
I have not had good luck with turning the power off and on. You can bypass the timers with a system of relays but that will increase the chances of burning up impellers when draining. Use the instructions I included above to max out the timers as much as you can.