Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       06-20-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
My wife and I spent four days on Oroville my feet never touched land what a great lakeUpload
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-20-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
Nice!!!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-20-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
so you slept on your boat?
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       06-20-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
o ya I can pull the 2 captians chairs and we blow up a 6 inch air matress we are good to go its really killer sleeping under the stars on your boat
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-21-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
where do you store necessities? (food, TOOTHBRUSH! )

what kind of boat is that?
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       06-21-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
everything is stored in storage containers under the bow food and DRINK lots of DRINK is stored in a gigantic ice chest also under the bow.
Justin its a LAVEY CRAFT they have been in buisness for years they produce some of the worlds fastest boats I bought this boat as a complete P.O.S. I did the paint, upholstory, tower, bimini,swim platform myself with a little help from some friends. the boat will do 69 mph with a prop change and with the 1000lbs of ballast it actually throws a really nice wake. I mean nothing like a new wakeboard boat but at about 7000.00 invested how could I go wrong
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Wow...I gotta give credit to living on your boat for 4 days, your a trooper, and I agree Oroville is a great lake.
But in the future, I would recommend Lake Oroville's floating camp sites. Complete with almost all the amenities of a houseboat, (well the necessary ones) for a fraction of the cost.
Check my profile for a picture of one. We were so impressed with it, we booked it twice more this year.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Nice Jordan... can you give me the 411 on the floating camp sites?
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       06-21-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
Jorden
we were going to go that route last year but we couldnt book in time for the weekend we wanted and we like to be able to stay in a new cove every night. This is our third time on Oroville My wife and I camp on our boat alot. sometimes we will shore camp if we go with people who arnt set up to stay on there boat.

p.s nice boat Jorden
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
So heres the floating site skinny...but SHHHHH lets not let the whole boating community know!
-Holds 3 boats, 15 people, has a real flush toilet, lockable storage closet, propane barbecue & tank, stainless steel kitchen and work area, a sink w/ no water, garbage/recycling cans, metal picnic table, you set your tents on the top, and all 10 or 12 of them are anchored in 5 mph areas so they don't rock very much.
$100 per night - go to www.reserveamerica.com for more info and to book one.
Cons: No electricity, no running water! (campsite)
But it's clean and easy, just like a houseboat.
Also comes with daily servicing, a guy will come by and take your trash, fill propane if needed, and answer all of my curious boater questions!
Jay, I appreciate such kind words about my first born child!!!
Old     (jbissell47)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-21-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
do you have a pic of these floating campsite or a web page where you can check them out
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
See Jordan's profile pic.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2006, 11:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Jordan... I booked the only one available for this Saturday night. The next opening is in Aug! If we like it, which I am sur we will, I will book one for Aug. as soon as we get home.

Thanks agian, hope to meet you on the water!
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Looks like Summer 2006 is just about full for the floating sites.
Still some open in September, my third trip on the floaters is September 22-23-24 which is still available.
I've successfully done 7 weekends in a row, and NOW: NO boat this weekend...HOW WILL I DEAL???
Old     (jbissell47)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-24-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
those sound fun but the say no pets. how strict are they?
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2006, 9:44 PM Reply   
How was the water? I'm going to Oroville in July on a houseboat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
nice shot...I lovce oroville. I've got a hb reserved for Aug 18-20
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-26-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
Jrod, A few of us from Truckee went on a HB trip on oroville at the end of april....couldnt ride much because of all the debris fields but the lake is beautiful.

Butter to be found all over.

Travis you are going with Ronni right? Check out the floating outhouses for a film spot.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-26-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
We just got back from Oroville on the weekend.

The Floating campsite was awesome and we had a blast.

The wakeboarding was not so good. There is still so much debris on the water (and some very large size, damage capeable logs) that we decided to do only a small set close to the campsite.
Old    case1            06-26-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
I have been going to that lake before I could walk, easily one of the best lakes in CA, and the campsites are amazing.

There is a lot of debris in the water when the lake water rises at the beginning of each season
Old     (jbissell47)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
sorry to repost the question but anyone know how strict they are about pets on the floating sites? They look like fun but say no pets...I dont think I could camp without the dog. I'd feel quilty.
Old    nor_cal_01super            06-27-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
I would imagine that the state is pretty particular on the pets State is not know to be to friendly ya know, but could not tell you forsure. ALso remember that this is not normal camping, you are in the middle of a cove, to me a pup would be better off at home.
Oroville is the SH^T!!! Heading up on a 16 sleeper HB next month and a Floater in Sept.
ANyone who is a local, can you reply to my post or drop me a line when the south fork debris clears out, want to get some runs in and check out the landscape for the primo HB spot.
Any TSR in the house??? ITs Uncle Pete and Chaz' nephew Eddie throwin a shout out from 2000...
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-27-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Jeff...Sorry but I would leave the dog.
A guy comes by daily to check on you, the site, the barbecue, the garbage etc, so hiding the dog is not possible + what E Money said, no place for messes to be made, and the one I stayed on was not swimming distance from shore....Well, you wouldn't see my a$$ swimming that far!
My last floater trip is Sept 22-24, anybody else?
Old    wakeupz            06-27-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
If you have a well-trained dog (behavior and potty training) you could certainly do it if you spend most of the day (like we do) away from the campsite riding, beaching it, etc. and the dog hangs in your boat at those times.

The site is serviced in the late morning usually. We have never been at the site when they have come by. We've done six trips on floaters.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-02-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
J-Rod- You aren't going to BoardStock then?