Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-20-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Now I am no professional but i think i did okay for my first backroll attempts

I apologize but my video would not upload into text for some reason

Anyway...here you go...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...v=432050251864

any tips would be appreciated. However i already know i just need to grow a pair and cut out wider.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-20-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
Tip would be make it public so others can view it Just a suggestion
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 3:37 PM Reply   
Haha agreed make it public! I just started trying tantrums and backrolls the last time I went out so I'd love to see it..
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-20-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
this thread is an epic FAIL!
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
Ops sorry guys. my chick made my facebook and i didn't even know there were privacy settings...try this one.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...v=432050251864

Oh and for those of you that don't have a facebook. here is the youtube link. (although it is kinda crappy quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AjPw...eature=channel

Oh and here is a Vimeo link. But its still has to convert. give it an hour or so

Oh gosh I do not want to be an epic fail
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-21-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
Just from watching your video I'm not quite sure you are ready for this trick yet... You need to make sure you have a solid heelside jump w2w before going for this trick. Maybe you do and just didn't want to slam. If that the case just go for it and you'll land it in no time. If not, really work on your hs jump and doing a progressive edge meaning that you should slowly get on your hs edge then increase your edge as much as you can until you hit the wake and hold the edge through the wake. Rotaion wise it wasn't so bad. Just need to work on the air and commitment.

Good luck!
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Ya! i know! commitment is key. watching the video later that night I wanted to go right back out and try again. I can go w2w no problem and carry it into the flats sometimes. I wanted to see how the falls were so i kind of went in half a**. of course that was the last day of the trip and i didn't get to try it again that week. But i am going to the lake next weekend .

Thanks for viewing
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-21-2010, 2:47 PM Reply   
kyle i watched it and you have no confidence .to build confidence cut out to drivers side of boat while cutting out lean back against the line with your body straight and arms extended but low. like a tug of war with the boat if you are doing this right the boat will pull back and pull you over your toes.then you have sucessfully LOADED the line. next you do the same thing but even harder and when the boat starts to pull back through your head back over your right shoulder and rotate your board up and over your right shoulder. this process should be done at 15 mph or 16 mph. better grip on the water and less severe fall.once you can rotate that around and your board hits the water before you do your ready for the next step.which is where you are now cut out a little bit and try it over one wake.once you can land on top the board our complete the trick then you can go to regular speed and go wake to wake. wakeboarding is about confidence once you have it you will commit to the trick and not back out half way through.build your confidence with these steps and you will complete your backroll. good luck.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-21-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
It looks like you are doing some weird off-axis 360.
Old    alanp            08-21-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
speed the boat up. cut harder. then post a video.
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-21-2010, 10:18 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...ogression.html
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-22-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
^^^^ do those steps exactly and you will do a b-roll^^^
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-23-2010, 12:47 AM Reply   
Thanks guys for the input! I have seen the learn wake steps. just thought i'd go out and try it. Hopefully I am gonna get to ride next weekend. I'll post progress and hopefully a land! Thanks again for the support!