Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-05-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
Here are the team scores for the boat and board companies from Wake Games. How it works: Each rider scores points for their sponsoring boat and board company. This information is taken from the rider's profiles on kingofwake.com. Several of the riders that scored points were not listed in the Athlete's section (Dean Smith, Smeeley and others) and were not counted. If they add these athletes we will go back and change the scores. The points are the King of Wake tour points the rider earned for that spot. 1st is 100, 2nd 90,...13th 35, etc. So Rusty earned 100 points for Mastercraft and 100 points for Hyperlite.

Malibu 160
Mastercraft 272
Nautiques 188
Supra 145
Tige 175
CWB 156
Gator 35
Hyperlite 417
Jstar 70
Liquid Force 210
Obrien 93
Ronix 115
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Do you only take the Pro Men or are the Pro womens scores also included?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-05-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
Jstar 70
Gator 35
Lol
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-06-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Just pro men. Should we include the ladies? And would you give them the same point value? Ther's only a dozen or so women and 70 men.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-06-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
Dunno. Just asking.Maybe now with the Q of W and that they do all the stops. I would think they would have to get the same point value if they were added? The numbers shouldn't really have a say in the point values.Should they?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Chris how is the shoulder doing, She killed it at Wake Games.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-06-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
Getting better.It's not 100%,she still has problems with it.It will only be 6 weeks on Friday,so I suppose it's pretty good
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-07-2008, 4:01 AM Reply   
Chris- I get grief from my niece about this. I really am glad to see women wakeboarding growing. But it still is pretty far off in terms of competition. If there were a hundred ladies out there vying for a spot in the top 20 for the tour then i would agree. But the reality is there are only a handful of real competitors. The amateurs don't even have enough girls and jr women to fill enough heats. It was only 2 or 3 years ago that some tiny little girl with barely a wake jump qualified. That memory still pains me.

I think the women have made huge inroads and this year should boost them even better. I hope to see 30 or 40 ladies trying to qualify and you see the amateur ranks filled. When you look at the men there are an 20 to 30 guys capable of putting on a run that can podium. It is really tough to be in top 16. If a guy makes it to the Sunday round of 16 it should count a lot more than women's who just had to sign up to get to final 16.

By the way- people like Nicole and the other up and comers are what will make women's wakeboarding. Keep up the good work. I am by no way bashing the ladies. I hope they make it big and can start earning some money.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-07-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
I agree with what you say and to be honest I do not really have a problem with it. I am quite pleased that the women are going to be at all the stops although I suspect a lot of the pro men probably aren't. Then again I am biased. We will see how it pans out for the women this year?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
Chris I don't understand, why would the Pro men be upset, everyone I talked to supports the girls on the tour.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-07-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
I pulled Anna Hajek for a set last week and that little girl rips for a 14-15 year old.
I really believe Anna is going to be the the next big name in womens wakeboarding.
Anna took 1st place in Texas last weekend, probably 1 of many 1st place finishes to come.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-07-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
OK- the ladies are in. Here's the new scores.

Malibu 300
Mastercraft 462
Nautiques 353
Supra 220
Tige 175
CWB 156
Gator 35
Hyperlite 517
Jstar 70
Liquid Force 345
Obrien 163
Ronix 185
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-08-2008, 4:42 AM Reply   
I dunno Randy, I always get the impression that people are not really that interested in Womens wakeboarding.The interest seems to come mainly from family,friends, coaches etc. If you consider that it was actually the father of one of the girls on tour that made this season what it is.
Would somebody that did not have that personal interest have stepped up? I don't know?
Anyway I am glad it has happened and I do not want to get into an argument about it but it is just the impression I have got from travelling around the world to comps.