Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-01-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
i have a dorsey trailer and i know alot of people have problems with the prop housing cage and i just bought the 1235 acme wakeboard prop but wouldnt clear bottom metal of cage so i cut it out and put in 2 inch brackets re welded and use the touch up paint that came with trailer. just wanted to see if any one else was having issues with dorsey trailers
Upload
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-01-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
Danny, are you sure that is a Dorsey? Both of your pics look like it's a Boatmate. Maybe they are using the same trailers under different names. Doesn't look like any of the Dorseys I have seen and I thought all Supras were on Boatmates.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-02-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
All Supra and Moomba's come from the factory on Boatmates. That being said, I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the prop area on the 21V or other Supra's and Moomba's. Have you hit it with your prop?
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-02-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Thats a boatmate trailer friends. I have an XLV with a the Acme 1235 prop and I have had no problem but that's not to say that your trailer had an irregular difference. The retro looks good though.Upload
Old    ausbill32            04-02-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
I haven't had a single problem with my 2006 21v Boatmate trailor and I have the Acme wakeboard prop.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's a boatmate.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
oops yeah its a boatmate my Malibu was a Dorsey sorry. i had to cut it and drop it my 1235 wouldnt fit no chance. nobody else had this problem. i had like a 1/4 inch clearance before i bought the prop and it is 1 inch bigger 1/2 inch from shaft so had no choice.
Old    mendo247            04-02-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
nice repair!