Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-12-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
No photos (sorry) but just totally stoked on my set today. I just got a premier 141 from a ps3 137 and it has changed my riding back to how i used to be 6 months ago. Did some really sweet tweaked out glides which i have been missing the feeling of complete control on a glide where you grab it so good that you litterally manipulate the direction of the board. I have also had a batwing complex, can do them off kickers but always land on my head off the wake, and did one first try today. I didn't fall ONE time today...after i stuck the batwing, i was just like, I'm done, and dropped the rope, sooooo stoked on today.
Old    chocobeat            07-12-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
selling that ps3?
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-12-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
hey kyle
what else were u considering before you got your premier. I'm thinking og getting one, also gonna look at the 3ds.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-12-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
Zack, unfortunately it's not my PS3.

Ryan, I was considering NOTHING. I am and will always be a premier guy, for some reason that board just fits my style perfectly everytime a new one comes out. My 05 pretty much is just mauled from sliders, it is a DNA by the way and has never cracked, and i slide it HARD, but i just love all of the premiers. Been riding them since the originals.
The 3DS isn't too poppy but it is very consistent, not my style, but i would look into a j-star empire if you are interested in that shape. It is basically a 3DS with a 3-stage, its what rusty is on and definately is a board i would like to try.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-12-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
I'm also riding the 3DS bindings which if you haven't I really suggest giving them a chance. I'm not trying to push them but i really think they are the future. I was at performance the other day returning my second pair and rusty was there doing the same thing. It was pretty funny, i walked in and my entire overlay was gone and he sees me and the first thing that comes out of his mouth was "Holy Sh*t how did you break them that bad?" and i jokingly respond "you aren't the only one who rides this hard, haha" His weren't too busted but you should only get them if you have a dealer that is willing to replace them without sending back to hyperlite. Performance changes them on the spot, even though i think they were a little pissed because they were mine and rusty's 3rd pair each, haha
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-12-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
awesome, I think I'm leaning toward the premier. Never had a DNA board so I'm not sold on that, but for sure going to get the premier now.
Old    chocobeat            07-12-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
yeah, the new 3ds bingindgs are unbelievable, my local shop tried to switch me out when my plastic lace guide broke, but they told me the hyperlite rep said i have to send them back and they cant credit me a new pair of bindings :-(
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-12-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Ryan, there is not a DNA anymore, it is just one core called the L7 core.

Zack, ALWAYS even order from performance. They do so much business that if you rip or break something, they will exchange it out immediately
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-12-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
sweet, i thought they still had the dna option on all of them. Haven't shopped for a board since 04 i guess
Old    chocobeat            07-12-2006, 11:29 PM Reply   
im surprised at the customer service, this is from boardparadise.com too, they have a bunch of stores in my state, i brought my bindings in, the dude goes "thats 20 dollars to send them back..." i was just like wtf is going on here...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-13-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
pretty simple answer to that question Zack, never buy from them again. The binding retails for $380, meaning they are getting it for around $125-150. They can suck up the $20 if they are doing as much business as they do. That is bull donkey
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-13-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
I wish there was that much mark up in bindings.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-13-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Well when i used to ride for double up on a pro form deal, my board cost me $125 and the bindings were $100, and i think the board retailed for like $380 or something like that so i was just taking a guess. i guess thats why they went under, lol
Old    chocobeat            07-14-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
wow, ok, i take back everything i said bad about board paradise, went in today, and they just GAVE me the limited watson bindings... yep, thats right, i just got the red and black watsons...im pretty stoked right now
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-14-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
haha nice, they seem like a shop that hooks people up, i was suprised they didnt the first time
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-14-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
"after i stuck the batwing, i was just like, I'm done, and dropped the rope"

best feeling ever.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
yeah, execept right now, mine is like, "holy crap, I didnt fall on a TS w2w. Im done..."