Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dwhouston)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-21-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
Hey I'm currently looking for some advice on what board to get. So I really want a slingshot board just don't know which one. I ride boat mostly boat but have about 3 rails at my lake that I hit and hopefully a cable park coming up soon.

I am 6'0 130 pounds.

I am looking for a really fun board that has good flex but can also really pop off the wake. Definitely looking for a board that has nice and easy landings on the knees (coming of a torn LCL injury).

oh and has is the durability of these boards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mounting with some slingshot shredtown boots I have.

Thanks
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-21-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
Only diff in these two boards is recoil is 3stage and reflex is blended or hybrid or whatever you wanna call a board in between continuos and 3 stage. Since u want soft landings I'd haft to say go w the reflex. Sumone correct me if I'm wrong. Why is the response not on ur list?
Old     (dwhouston)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-21-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLurker View Post
Only diff in these two boards is recoil is 3stage and reflex is blended or hybrid or whatever you wanna call a board in between continuos and 3 stage. Since u want soft landings I'd haft to say go w the reflex. Sumone correct me if I'm wrong. Why is the response not on ur list?
my bad just for got to put it. I AM OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS ON SLINGSHOT BOARDS.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-21-2013, 6:33 PM Reply   
I love the response!!! That is all.
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-22-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
Go recoil. it will get you great pop
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-22-2013, 8:33 AM Reply   
^^^and now he's right back where he started^^^
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-22-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
I've ridden all three reflex, recoil and response. To be honest I think they all kind of ride the same - not a huge difference between them. But to be picky I think I would probably go with the recoil for boat because I think it has a tiny bit more straight up pop. But the reflex has those reinforced edges for rail damage plus the edges are turned up slightly for rails. I thought this would make it more slippery and not track as well but I didn't notice the difference. So it rides pretty similar but seems like it stands up to rails slightly better. I didn't notice a difference in landings between them either. So in summary, if you're riding mostly boat then I'd recommend the recoil just to have a slight advantage with your pop, but if you find a good deal on a reflex or like the graphics way better or whatever then you'd be ok with that too.
Ha, I realize that's not a ton of help but what I'm trying to say is you'd be fine with either one.
Old     (dwhouston)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-23-2013, 6:54 PM Reply   
Thanks, Couple of questions:

A. How is the reflex's pop compared to the recoil? is there a significant difference?
B. How durable are the edges of the recoil?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-24-2013, 11:37 PM Reply   
the edges of all three boards are the same material and are equally durable. the reflex has "chined rails" that are turned up or beveled so that as you slide across rails it is less likely to catch and take a direct hit.
You can actually sand down the rails of any of these boards yourself to create a similar effect, but it wont be as significantly beveled as the reflex could be

Response is continuous rocker board will ride the fastest and land softest (all 3 land pretty soft though) and will accentuate a mellower arcing pop
Recoil is threestage will ride slower, and will tend to have a steeper arcing pop
Reflex will be in the middle of the two.
if it is hard to decide, then maybe the reflex will be best because it is a compromise of the others in a sense