Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
This is why posting on this forum sucks. Nay saying to talking sh*t about how lame surfgate is and saying it does not work. Which I have not done. I made an observation. I said that to get a very good wave you will have to run more weight (just like any other boat) which will either cause you to (1) have to switch sides like normal even with the surfgate or (2) run a lot of weight that you would not have to run otherwise. That is a fact. Please tell me how it is not.

Now let me give you an opinion, the surfgate technology combined with a quick fill ballast would be a game changer. It would allow for both worlds (1) change the wave quickly and (2) not run a bunch of extra weight to do it.

But if it will make you happy, (1) I will not make any obvious observations or (2) share my opinion. I will just agree that everybody will now buy a Bu because of surfgate.
Quick fill or no quick fill BUs still need more weight due to hull shape. Problems with quick fill systems is a lack of bow weight which lessens the pocket and push of the wave.

You don't have to run a lot of weight to get a rideable wave, but with a bu you have to run a lot to get a competition size wave. The surf gate allows you to run even more weight more evenly placed through out the boat. It makes it safer due to not having to lean the boat out. Since we haven't seen any with heavy ballast loads it's hard to tell what the waves will look like, but there is a chance they will change the idea of what competition size waves look like.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-18-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
IMO Grubb said it all with that sh*t eating grin. It's going to become a staple of the industry and I can't wait to try it out.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-18-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
Quick fill or no quick fill BUs still need more weight due to hull shape. Problems with quick fill systems is a lack of bow weight which lessens the pocket and push of the wave.

You don't have to run a lot of weight to get a rideable wave, but with a bu you have to run a lot to get a competition size wave. The surf gate allows you to run even more weight more evenly placed through out the boat. It makes it safer due to not having to lean the boat out. Since we haven't seen any with heavy ballast loads it's hard to tell what the waves will look like, but there is a chance they will change the idea of what competition size waves look like.
I will say this, if the surfgate will allow you to put 1,250lbs on each side of a Bu 247 (as opposed to 2,500lbs on one side it takes now) and you get that big meaty/solid/long wave, that would interest me very much. I am guessing over the course of the next 12 months people will figure it out and let us know.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-18-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Hahahaha 95' toeside 180 and heelside wake jump.... Lookout Harley, he's coming for u!! My question is why? Why ride that long with no ballast? Wouldn't it be more fun to ride at say, 70' and fill some ballast so u could learn some real tricks Instead of skimming the water at 95'?

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with surfgate, but I couldn't resist. U should open the 95' wakeboard school.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
Here's a real "game changer"..LOL!
http://gamechangerxp.com/
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-18-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
This is why posting on this forum sucks. Nay saying to talking sh*t about how lame surfgate is and saying it does not work. Which I have not done. I made an observation. I said that to get a very good wave you will have to run more weight (just like any other boat) which will either cause you to (1) have to switch sides like normal even with the surfgate or (2) run a lot of weight that you would not have to run otherwise. That is a fact. Please tell me how it is not.

Now let me give you an opinion, the surfgate technology combined with a quick fill ballast would be a game changer. It would allow for both worlds (1) change the wave quickly and (2) not run a bunch of extra weight to do it.

But if it will make you happy, (1) I will not make any obvious observations or (2) share my opinion. I will just agree that everybody will now buy a Bu because of surfgate.
Why do you think you need to run 2x as much weight with the gate. If you run 2500 ON ONE SIDE now, they are proposing you run 2500 total and get the same results on each side with the gate as opposed to 2500 on one side or the other...

That's what they're proposing I think... Weight it evenly, mackin wake both sides, not sure where your surf gate means 2x as much weight observation came from. Your observation is not obvious, hell its not even an observation since you haven't seen it first hand we're hypothesizing...

I wonder how a boat without lifting strakes would surf, or a variable pitch rudder... So that there wouldn't be anything causing the boat to try to right itself...
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-19-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
Are you guys really running 2500lbs in the back and another 1000lbs plus in the front? My whole boat weights less than your ballast.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
95% of these boats will end up pulling tubes and a surfer on a hyperlite broadcast. If it produces a legit surfable wave on both sides with factory ballast only, it's a winner. The "comp wave" wiener measuring is not a big deal to MOST boat customers.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-19-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
I will probably end up behind a MXZ with surfgate this weekend at a local wakeboard tournament. If I do it will probably be late tomorrow evening with 10+ people in the boat. I will take pictures/video if I get a chance to get to get a set behind it.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-19-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
Bhyatt, you going to be in Nashville? I think Adam's going to have his boat up there.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
95% of these boats will end up pulling tubes and a surfer on a hyperlite broadcast. If it produces a legit surfable wave on both sides with factory ballast only, it's a winner. The "comp wave" wiener measuring is not a big deal to MOST boat customers.
Bingo!
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-19-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Bhyatt, you going to be in Nashville? I think Adam's going to have his boat up there.
Chatt, I'll be at TNT Watersport's WakeFest tournament on Center Hill Lake this weekend. I talked to Andrew who owns TNT this morning and he hinted that the 2013 MXZ w/surfgate and a Nauti G23 would be up there. It's not uncommon for TNT to get 2013 Malibu models in this time of year, especially since we're close to the Loudon, TN plant - although you are closer. I am unsure if the MKZ will be TNT's demo or what? Is Adam in a MKZ demo now instead of A22?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-19-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
I absolutely agree.

My comments were based on the statement that surfgate will take a bunch of market share from Tige/Centurion. Most of the guys I know buying Centurions only surf (and yes pull tubes). So they are looking for the biggest clean wave with a lot of push. They are also not generally concerned with switching sides in 30 sec.

But like I have said multiple times in this thread, very cool idea.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-19-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Why do you think you need to run 2x as much weight with the gate. If you run 2500 ON ONE SIDE now, they are proposing you run 2500 total and get the same results on each side with the gate as opposed to 2500 on one side or the other...
If that is the case, then it would be very cool (reality is that is a great idea either way). I may have misunderstood what the vid/Chatt said about how it would need to be weight to get a Enzo type wave on both sides.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-19-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
I don't get why people care about switching from regular to goofy. Screw the goofy riders. Make them learn to surf regular.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-19-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
I just wish someone around me surfed so I can see what all this surfing craze is about. Havent ever tried it or been around anyone whos done it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-19-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
I just got some larger images of the Surf Gate...

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
can't wait to see the Duffy Mahoney DIY version writeup!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-19-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
Looks like the gate angles out about 15 degrees.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
As usual... Shaun speaks logic and wisdom.

You will never please some people, and surf wave snobs are at the top of that list. Honestly, would these people be happy with ANY factory solution??

I'm excited about Surfgate because it makes surfing practical. Already thinking about selling my VLX. ;-)
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-30-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcityxj View Post
Looks like the flap opens up. Here's another vid of Brian Grubb doing side to side transfers, supposedly the first ones ever. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=202589213201629
April 2008 - Side to Side surf recorded with Nick Weinacker behind a Tige Z1. Check it out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TumBX3f9VqE
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-30-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
Yesterday Singleton Marine Group hosted a beach party on lake Lanier . They had a 2013 with the new Surf Gate system on display. It looks like two vertically mounted hydraulic
trim tabs . I spoke with one of the sales staff on how it works. He said when engaged it off sets the wake coming from the sides of the hull so when they come together in the center they dont meet at the same place.
That causes one side to kinda overlap the other and create a surf able wake. After seeing it in person and now understanding how it works I have to say its a clever invention.
Score one for Malibu nice job.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2012, 12:49 PM Reply   
^^ That has already been said on here with pictures of exactly how it looks.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-30-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
As usual... Shaun speaks logic and wisdom.

You will never please some people, and surf wave snobs are at the top of that list. Honestly, would these people be happy with ANY factory solution??

I'm excited about Surfgate because it makes surfing practical. Already thinking about selling my VLX. ;-)
Lol, another IXFE edition for sale! How many hours on it? I am guessing less than 30... Someone will get a sweet ride if you decide to sell. That boat turned out awesome...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-31-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   

Looks like fun.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-31-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
Yep.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-31-2012, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
can't wait to see the Duffy Mahoney DIY version writeup!
Haha, I haven't decided if I like it or not yet
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-31-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
That video is impressive, I think Malibu has come up with something special and surprisingly so simple. To switch wakes on the fly is pretty amazing.. If they are generating that wake from hard tank ballast and wedge its a definite winner. For our surfing that is more than enough wake to have a great time on. And not having to weight your boat, or move people around would be so nice.

Last edited by fman; 07-31-2012 at 8:38 PM.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if Malibu will retrofit this to a 2012 that doesn't have it?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-01-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
Does anyone know if Malibu will retrofit this to a 2012 that doesn't have it?
As of now...NO
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-01-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Give it some time, all it will take is a new swim platform and two Lenco tabs, I am sure it will not be cheap but I cant see them not having a kit to allow 2009-12 boats retro-fit.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-02-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Give it some time, all it will take is a new swim platform and two Lenco tabs, I am sure it will not be cheap but I cant see them not having a kit to allow 2009-12 boats retro-fit.
No way will they have a retrofit kit. They never had a kit for the floating wedge, power wedge or maliview either.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-02-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
You can order the floating wedge and power wedge from the dealer all day long.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-02-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
No way will they have a retrofit kit. They never had a kit for the floating wedge, power wedge or maliview either.
It more than likely wont be an official kit, it will be ordering a new swim platform and two surf tabs with the lenco actuators from Malibu. It will have to be installed by the owner. And no, it won't be cheap.

And no worries Shaun, it won't affect MB owners...

Last edited by fman; 08-02-2012 at 8:15 AM.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Check this out. It's going on my Enzo in the near future:

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2012, 6:38 AM Reply   
well that didn't take long to copy lol
Old     (kevin)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-08-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
I have the exact same hull and wondered how well it would work. I guess now I know, I might have to do a mod of my own...
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
I wonder if someone could do a manual version and not violate Malibu's patent.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
It more than likely wont be an official kit, it will be ordering a new swim platform and two surf tabs with the lenco actuators from Malibu. It will have to be installed by the owner. And no, it won't be cheap.

And no worries Shaun, it won't affect MB owners...
LOL, it looks like it didn't take too long to try it on another brand boat....
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Damn...
That is pretty good garage engineering.
Now who is going to be the first to have a DYI with the hydraulics in place?
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-08-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Isnt this basically just a Bennett trim tab system turned on its side? If so Gander mountatin has a dual tab system with all the hydrolics for $519....only real issue I see is the sharp edge of the trim tab up next to the swim deck and that you line is going to get caught on it all the time.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfred View Post
Isnt this basically just a Bennett trim tab system turned on its side? If so Gander mountatin has a dual tab system with all the hydrolics for $519....only real issue I see is the sharp edge of the trim tab up next to the swim deck and that you line is going to get caught on it all the time.
Build your own tab out of wood/fiberglass/gelcoat and affix it instead.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-08-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Just make a plug out of your existing hull lines. Wax up your boat lay some glass on it let dry then you have your mold for you tab!
Then make your own tabs and it'd match exactly.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
someone on malibucrew mentioned using the trim tab kit and then afixing hdpe cutting boards for the rest of the surface area.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
hpde would work great with the aluminum backing of the trim tabs.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2012, 8:05 PM Reply   
I love me some O.A.R. best band ever IMO
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-09-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
I also have an Elite V hull boat (as seen in the video). My curiosity is whether or not the wakeboarding wake will at least stay the same. Actually my hope is that filling in that pocket in the hull will actually clean it up. I really want to rig something up though.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-09-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
I wonder what happens to the wake with both tabs out. What does it do to the wakeboard wake and the surf wake? What would the surf wave look like with both tabs out and it listed traditionally to one side?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-09-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22vdrive View Post
I wonder what happens to the wake with both tabs out. What does it do to the wakeboard wake and the surf wake? What would the surf wave look like with both tabs out and it listed traditionally to one side?
If you list the boat too much the surf gate tab will come out of the water and be not affective. Surfgate deployed on surf side will wash out the wave.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-13-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
I was at a tournament this weekend and saw this 247 Wakesetter with the surfgate. I snapped some pics of it on the trailer.

Last edited by jroyal; 08-13-2012 at 6:56 AM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-13-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
Posted this in the wakesurfing forum thread, but here it is again. My attempt at a surfgate contraption. Approx 1300lb ballast (540 in each locker, 250 center).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Zd...e_gdata_player
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-14-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
On a tangent, but someone tell me how you get tie down straps on that 'Bu. Looks like it could be a challenge.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-14-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneman View Post
On a tangent, but someone tell me how you get tie down straps on that 'Bu. Looks like it could be a challenge.
good question
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2012, 6:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing when I saw those pics...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-14-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
There is a gap between the gate and the platform that the tie down would go between.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-14-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:

what i take away from this video is, good innovation, but foremost that you still have to list the boat to get a good wave. the wave really looked nice after port gained more weight.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-14-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyy7 View Post
what i take away from this video is, good innovation, but foremost that you still have to list the boat to get a good wave. the wave really looked nice after port gained more weight.
Not necessarily. You've got to realize that he didn't MOVE existing weight to the port. He filled additional bags. He never demo'd the extra bags but evenly weighted.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
Exactly, that is the first test i would do, load up both corners with 800 bags and deploy the tab.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-14-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   

from Mathieu Lizotte on Vimeo.

Saw this video on themalibucrew. Boat is a VLX with 350HP, factory 4 tanks full, 750 on each side in the rear(85% full) with the wedge up 2 clicks from fully deployed at 11MPH.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-14-2012, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Exactly, that is the first test i would do, load up both corners with 800 bags and deploy the tab.
Some bow weight would be nice, but yeah. Max out the ballast in an evenly weighted fashion.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-14-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
Now that looks AMAZING!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-14-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
cant wait to see it on the MXZ 24
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-14-2012, 9:43 PM Reply   
Just wanted to share some info i recently got from my sales guy at the dealership who has demo'd the surfgate several times. Malibu has now plumbed in a plug n play system which apparently is on high flow ballast pumps. All you have to do is drop in your sacs(750's). He has installed several customs ballast set up on LSV 23/247 and swears to me this set up is as good as when my boat is weighted down to one side....about 3000 lbs. Its taken me a few weeks to understand whats going here. I was happy with the wave my 23 LSV produces and still am. Before I could care less if I could switch sides in 3 seconds or if my boat was listing to one side. I also thought it would be a waste of time to fill two 750's in each locker to surf one side. But... Plumbed in Plug n play ballast, high speed pumps, fill the 750's in a few minutes,all on a switch, no messing with sacs, no visible sacs, switch side to side, no listing or crabbing and still have the same wave i have now or better? I think Malibu really came through with this and cant wait till see how Malibu and other manufactures feed off this and perfect it in the future.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-14-2012, 9:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskiprosx View Post
I love me some O.A.R. best band ever IMO
Good thing u said "IMO"
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-14-2012, 10:03 PM Reply   
I have been wondering how it would work if i ran it with the boat listed to one side. Apparently the surfgate work by slowing and speeding up the flow on the water on opposite sides so the wakes dont meet each other at the time. If you listed the boat to one side, the side trim tab on the non weighted side would be out of the water defeating the purpose of it. I'll get to demo one next week. I'll get some video.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-15-2012, 5:35 AM Reply   
I thought everyone knew bu went to a high speed plug n play system?
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-15-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Not necessarily. You've got to realize that he didn't MOVE existing weight to the port. He filled additional bags. He never demo'd the extra bags but evenly weighted.
i dont think im following. wasnt there more weight on the port side than the starboard side?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-15-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyy7 View Post
i dont think im following. wasnt there more weight on the port side than the starboard side?
Yes. What you are missing is that he never tested the wave with that same amout of weight evenly distributed in the boat.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-15-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
oh okay. gotcha
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-15-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I thought everyone knew bu went to a high speed plug n play system?
Nah, only those on the payroll, like yourself! lol
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-15-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
I cant wait to see it in action first hand... I'll reserve my opinion (well bashing it like most here) until i can TEST drive/ride behind one with a gate but, I still think its a simple and innovative way they came up with how to appeal to "normal" folks... There are several peeps already modifying there boats for this as we speak, so it cant be that horrible
Old     (audionly101)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-13-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:

This video is of my older Centruion Elite V. I have been playing with the system for about a month now and I have really grown to love it. I mostly surf but the tabs if designed right do not ruin your wakeboard wake either. The size of the malibu tab is about correct for my boat at 8" tall and about 12" long. I have tried all kinds of shapes, sizes and angles but those shown in the video were very good on my first prototype. I have found on my elite v that 750 in each rear locker, 300 or so up front, 250 stock in floor and my 1100 right smack on the middle of the floor makes a huge wave with the tab out. I have been able to run more ballast now that it is equal on both sides. The wave shape is different as it is not so peaky like my all ballast setup is but still very good. I would recommend this setup to anyone who surfs. The ability to adjust the wave is amazing.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-17-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
Ajax do you have any pics of your final version and how you attached it etc? Awesome project and results you were able to achieve!
Old     (audionly101)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-20-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
I have not finished a final tab system yet. I haven't had the guts to drill all the extra holes for the hinges and actuators yet. I have two sheets of this HDPE that I will bend some edges on for safety, some cool stainless hinges and a "retrofit kit" from lenco that I will be installing as a off season project. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it done.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-02-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
We run our Surfgate with Stock full, Wedge all the way down and an extra 750 on the Surfside. You can surf without the extra 750 too. Our boat is an MXZ.