Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-17-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
Being in Minnesota currently, where it's a balmy 7 degrees outside boredom leads to innovation! Tonight we are going to try taking the winch in to downtown Minneapolis and jib some rails that would usually require a roll in ramp or a hard whip from a couple of people.

Has anyone ever tried this before? Seems like it will work just fine and eliminate some of the issue with having to build big drop ramps! I know its totaly off the wakeboard subject but I am looknig for some insight.

At any rate if we can make anything work I will try to post some pics up!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-17-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
I saw a video where they did that and it was sweet. Definately go for it, sounds like a blast!
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-17-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
the question is...do you huck the handle or keep it in hand...?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-17-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
the plan is to drop that handle. Mainly use the rope for speed. But I am gunna try both.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-17-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
works good andy. just as soon as the rider throws the handle make sure you hit the kill switch on the winch and make sure the rider throws the handle far cause you dont want a handle in the footage. hahaha
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-18-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
take some pics or video!!!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-18-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Andy, check out this cut for Bald Egal, in Dan Brisse's section (starts at 4:22) He was doing some sweet reverse pull ins. They were doing it with a truck but the winch would be a better solution.

http://www.primeproductions.com/archive/baldegalcut.mov
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-18-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
Midwest winters are long and I did some winch pulling in the snow as well. just made a small kicker over a road gap and seshed some picnic tables. was good times. we droped the rope for airs and held on for rail jibberish. worked well but snowboarding you go faster for jumps so you dont get too much air but rails worked perfect. sorry no pics or vid
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-18-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
I am also for the great cold midwest and we rock out the snow with a Girnch works great to hit rails and jumps of about any size.. We do a lot of hitting the rails with the handle cause we usually have a few diffrent rails to hit in a line....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-19-2007, 3:30 AM Reply   
distortion does have a snow winch, though I was never able to get the differences between the two models. I'm pretty sure they've actually been pulling some snow events as well. My computer sucks (so I'm not certain) but distortionboarding.com (or distortionboards, distortionwakeskates...something like that--sorry) might have some snow footage.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-19-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
we haven't been able to get out Yet! We are gunna try again tonight. I will keep you posted!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-19-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Andy, where are you getting enough white stuff to urban? It sucks around here lately...
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       02-19-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
seems like a snow model would be geared faster then the wake version, no need for the torque for water starts and a higher final drive speed for jumps
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-19-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
thats freakin rad!
Old    mobster            02-20-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
Here is a clip of the Snow Grinch from Denver after the pool broke at the boat show this was plan B www.grindtv.com/video/snow/Riding_Dirty/