Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Tank222)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-30-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
So my stero install is taking a lot longer and a little bit harder than I expected. That's a start. Worked on that until about 1am Sunday. Wake up about 6.30 am to head to the water and I can not find a third for the life of me. This has never happened before. Usually I have to many people. Head out any way, get fuel breakfast etc etc, and getting on the exit ramp I see a hitch hiker, who we named gypsy. He has his thumb out and we say what the hell let's pick him up. Dude throws his huge pack in the back of the truck and we give him two options. One I'lll take you to the next exit ramp or two you come wake boarding with us since we need a third. So the gypsy comes wake boarding with us. Tell's us all about his life, he's hitching hiking all over for 6 months before returning to work in pa. We even tried to teach him how to wake board. He's in his late 40's probably? I'm 25 just for reference. He drank a couple brews with us on the boat hung out for about 5 hrs, gave him a couple Gatorades and took him right back where we found him. Just thought I'd share.
Bad stuff this weekend.
The dude has a page on facebook, HitchHiking America. I didn't even know his name until I found his page today.

Quote from his page.

2 guys picked me up took me on a boat wake boarding, fed me hippie cookies and drop me right back where i was

Drilled two holes through my hull mounting amps, don't know why I thought it was not the hull. Glad i didn't drill 4.

Bottom bolt on my switch blade broke and it bounced around all day bending the pooh out of it and the shaft that holds it in place. Hopefully a torch hammer and a new shaft will get it back in working shape.

Two of my canopy mounts pulled out of my tower.

Lost the right side, front mount to my canopy.

That's the most of it.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-30-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
I love hippie cookies.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
That is cool. I just went and found him on facebook. Went ahead and posted on his facebook page. Pretty awesome story.....scary to do that but cool story nonetheless.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, especially with people eating other peoples faces off.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-05-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
Glad I am not he only one who had bad in addition to the good this weekend:

Good - Picked up my boat after having the fuel pump replaced. Had an awesome weekend at a hotel on the lake and rode the new Tige Z3 all weekend.

Bad - Went to take my boat out riding Sun morning and noticed a ton of water in the hull. Seems like the rudder may be leaking so back in the shop it has gone. Also we started the drive home and about 5 miles into the trip home I noticed smoke coming from the rear of the truck and it started to lose power just as I pulled into a gas station. Had a tranny line blow and had to spend $300 to have the truck towed 66 miles to the shop. THANK GOD Boat US towed the boat home for free. I almost paid another $350 to have the boat towed home by the people who towed the truck but then had a buddy reminded me I had boat us and to call them and see what they would charge, and was ecstatic to learn it was free.