Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-01-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone knew the pefect weight combination, rope length, and boat speed for an 04 cyclone.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2005, 4:54 AM Reply   
Every boat is a little different-they are built by hand, no two are identical. It also depends on what you are doing, how many passengers you have, what accessories you have, where you ride, your skill level and riding style.
There are some rules of thumb. If you are washing on one side, weight that side. more speed=crisper but narrower wake. The Cyclone does not need much weight in the bow. I would not mess with the "wake plate" unless you are porpoising. If you have a "storm 1" package, you already have center balast, you can add weight in the rear storage lockers beside the motor. Keep in mind that you need at least 15-20 feet of water under the keel to build a good wake.
In the end you will have to take time to tweak your setup to your taste and needs.
Old    r3612            09-07-2005, 10:48 PM Reply   
I own 04 Cyclone with the upgraded three tanks. Usually ride factory ballast plus 4 people. PErfect for me. I have 4 inverts Well 3 solid ones and a fourth on the way. I ride at 23.5mph with 75ft of totall rope. Most of my buddies and close feinds prefer the 23mph and 70ft totaal length. Wakelate all the way up. The boat likes weight in the rear. Tried factory ballast and one 350 in the nose, but wake lost its kick.

Kris
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-08-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
Face it 3922, you are just a poser. That guy at the river with no arms and legs is better than you. You will never know what a real wakeboard boat is because your parents are dirt poor and don't love you enough to buy you a real boat. quit wasting peoples time on this board. shouldn't you be doin your homework or cleaning your room instead of being on your computer. now your parents have caught you and you're gonna get grounded.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Patt Smulsky (p_e_ski) what the heck????
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-08-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
Kevin, it's ok, he's my son. I'm just givin him a hard time because he should know by now that everybody's setup is different. We keep movin weight around lookin for something that feels good. so far we added a 500 lb sack and keep movin it until it feels right.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
Got ya Kids what are ya gonna do
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-08-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
he's just jealous because his 40 year old dad is better than him.