Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (above_the_levee)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-30-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
OK, due to some adverse circumstances, I might be buying my friend's SN. I've rode behind it twice and the wake seemed great, but how is it with weight? Does it ride too low when sacked out ? Is this the same hull as the late 90's Pro Air ? Any info or help on this boat would be great. I'm not real worried about the engine (326 hrs) or the look (good shape).
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-30-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have the same boat. With weight...the wake in no SAN but it is pretty good. Most we have had was a full fat seat (1000#)in the back and it was good getting out of the hole. The only thing you need to watch is stopping. Goose the throtle a bit when you slow down to saty ahead of the wave it creates. The sloped transom will dump a bunch of water in. Never had trouble with water over the bow.

As a side note, you will want a tower or a pylon with a rack. OUr experience is that boards take up a lot of floorspace in and otherwise comfortable boat. However, we have a dock and can leave gear there rather than have to cart a days worth of crap around.
Eric
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-31-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
Got a 93, we use a sofa with 4-5 people the wake is good, like fox said, no SAN. If it is just 3 of us, we'll add a sack between the motor and passenger seat. Solid boat. Typical steep SN wake. Just not as big. Second fox's comments about the rack, it's bigger than a MC or BU of that year but there still isn't a lot of room for boards.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-31-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
click on my name above this post, the picture in my profile was taken behind my 1995 ski nautique with about 1000lbs of ballast and 5 passengers in the boat. Handling with this load can be a bit challenging, it's tough not to take a few over the bow and over the stern. the wake's not huge but it's well shaped.