Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-29-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
Well after a winter of alot of rain I went and picked up our boat from storage and unfortunately our seats have some major stains on them. When we put the boat away last time I left the seats on the floor vinyl side down. Well because of all the rain, the carpet got wet and the vinyl has some rust colored stains on them now. I got some Totally Awesome from the dollar store and it cleaned the vinyl pretty darn nicely minus those stains which I could not get out. Any suggestions? I thought maybe CLR or Magic Eraser. I need to try something soon.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-29-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
Sunlight
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-02-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
It is my personal mission to advise every person who mentions Magic Eraser NOT to use them on vinyl. They are abrasive and will destroy the top layer protective coating.

I would be worried about trying CLR on vinyl.

However, for anyone who has used something that worked, please do tell. I have a few small rust-looking spots as well.