Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    boardman74            02-12-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
I just got back from my day at the boat show. I had my heart set on looking at and quite possibly ordering a new Mobius LSV. We wondered around and found the Moomba dealer in the back corner of the stadium. All I can say is that I am totally bummed out and have to start my boat search all over. I had myself convinced that this was going to be the boat for my family. I had been told hom much improved the hull was, width and depth wise. It is a lot wider. However the first thing my wife said (keep in mind she's 5 foot) when she sat in the back was I feel like i'm going to fall out. The seats are higher off the floor than the old LSV, but I don't think they have anymore height from your butt to the top of the seat. I just didn't feel it with this boat. It is greatly improved over it's old version. All I heard was how mucher deeper it was and I really didn't think so sitting in it or seeing it on the trailer. Next to a Launch 21 it's no comparison. My problem now is I had budgeted for the LSV. My wife likes the Supra 21V. I am also interested in the 21 Inboard. I cannot find the configurer on Supras site. Can anyone tell me what the base price of the 21 I and 21 V launch is. I would simply need the base as all the options I figured on the Moomba are standard on the Launch. I so much wanted to fall in love with this boat after all the research I had done. I was so bummed about it i felt sick to my stomach after I left the booth. I am really disappointed. I hope I can make something else work for the price range.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-12-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
To price the Supras, check out:

http://www.supraboats.com/configure.asp

Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-12-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
The good news is that the wife likes the 21V already so you won't have to talk her into getting one. Sounds like you just need to talk yourself into buying it! That part wouldn't be hard for my self!!

Here is the skinny:

MSRP - $45,595

Includes:

CD player and gravity speakers
Playpen layout
325HP Indmar MPI
4 Blade prop
Gravity II 3 bag ballast
Wakeplate
2 swivel wakeboard racks
Tower
swingaway tongue
Tandem Trailer

Options You may add:

Perfect Pass $1095
guide pole covers 50
LED lighting 175
second axle brakes 450
Tonneay cover 175
Rad a cage bimini 550

Grand Total: $48,165

Damn I wish I could buy a boat!!!
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-12-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Actually the 06 supras come stock with cruise control so you can delete the 1095 Perfect Pass.

Back down to $47070
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-12-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
I was in the same situation and we ended up ordering the 21v. I had my budget and my wife at the lsv, but after sitting in and looking at the 21v my wife said go with that, and she doesnt board... she just drives and rides along!
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-12-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
I tried to love the Moomba as well, but just couldn't do it. We bought a new, 04 Centurion Enzo for less,with all the options that we wanted, and the "sit feel" was just no comparison.
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-12-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
I was in the same situation as you. I ended up buying the 21v for a couple of reasons. First, with the cash back incentives and factory boat show option incentives, I was able to buy a loaded 21v for just about what the base price is. I also thought about what the real long term cost would be. By the time I got the LSV option out to what I wanted, the price gap closed significantly. I also figured that in an emergency, if I had to get rid of the boat I'd have an easier time getting most of my money back out of the Supra.

The big deciding factor for me ended up being availability. My dealer had a 21v on the floor that was what I wanted. If I would have ordered the LSV, the best I could have hoped for was the middle of May for delivery and it more than likely would have been late May to early June. I just wasn't willing to wait that far into the season to use a boat I spent that kind of money for.

My local dealer is a very straight forward guy and told me at this point every day you wait you're looking at getting your delivery date pushed back significantly. If anyone tells you differently, I'd be cautious. I even joked around with him about bumping my boat up into someone elses earlier production slot since I was a repeat customer. He just told me there wasn't anything he could do about it, so I'm confident I was getting it straight from him.

Old    boardman74            02-13-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed the extemely low seat height on the LSV. I'm not sure what I am going to do. I'm not a super rider and the rest of my family is just starting. My wife has ridden once and my oldest will learn this summer. I'm not going to really option out a boat. My options on the LSV would have only been the 325 hp with easy cruise and triple ballast upgrade. Then taken the stereo, bimini, cover, and wakeplate with the show options. So I was looking at $37100 retail. I was told at the show that retail for the 21V was $42000 well thats the 21 I. The 21V is $45,600. So a difference of $8500 or about $80 a month. That's really more than I had budgeted for or really care to spend. I'm just a weekend rider and am 31 and not getting younger. I hate to be paying $400 a month for a boat that probably is going to hit the water 2-3 days a month. I would also have to buy a new vehicle to pull the 21v. The only other boat i saw I liked for the price was a centurian V drive. I told my wife I almost felt dirty liking it after all the negative I have heard about Fineline Ind.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Todd, Have you looked at any 05 Supra closeout. I was kind of like you about looking at the lsv. I really liked it but after pricing it out with the efi engine and adding everything, i was able to get a 05 SSV 22 with speakers and amp for less than the 06.
Old    boardman74            02-13-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
The only closeout my dealer has is a 05 22 ssv. They are as shallow as the LSV. Same low back seat. We measured the 22ssv against the 06 LSV. It doesn't really come down to boat depth with my wife. Most seat height and freeboard. She's worried about the kids. I would have rather seen Mommba keep the LSV seats closer to the floor and get a little more height out of them.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-13-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
Todd, go look hard at the Centurion. Drive one if you can...you will love it, especially if you are ever in rough water, that hull cuts through chop like it's not even there.
Just my .02
Old    boardman74            02-13-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
Lauri,
We are going to check out the Centurion line in about 3 weeks. We have a terrible schedule and can't get there till then. No big hurry though. We are froze up and will be til atleast middle of April. I won't buy until I can drive and ride behind the boat. The Skiers Choice dealer doesn't have much of what I want to look at anyway for now. I got the same story as Rob, order now as spray dates are already way out. They don't have a XLV or mobius LS. They don't have a launch 21I and only 1 21V which is sold. Plenty of other stuff, just not what I want to see. Where I'm new to them I really need to see the boats before I buy or order. They were nice enough to take down the configurations I wanted and make sure they had that on order. They are super cool and wanted to make sure I was happy. They told be atleast a month to 2 months till they will have a full selection of boats. I hate to wait but couldn't use it now anyway.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Todd-I have one left over, new '05 21V that is VERY aggressively priced. Feel free to email me with any questions....located on the Illinois/Wisconsin border.
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Todd, I was in a similar situation deciding between a LSV and 21V. I was able to get a leftover 2005 21V which made my decision a lot easier since the price difference came down to 3k. If you can't find the skier's choice boat you want, you might checkout the Tige 20V. It also has a deep freeboard and is pretty reasonably priced (in between the LSV and 21V). I'd agree that you should look into Centurion as well.
Old    doublek            02-26-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
It's funny that the "shallow" freeboard was the deciding factor in you NOT buying a 2006 Mobius LSV, because it's increased seat heighth and freeboard was the reason I ordered mine. Of course I didn't have too high of expecatations as it appears you did, when I first saw the 2006 LSV, I was comparing it to a 2005 which definitely has a shallow freeboard and seat heighth. I could see your wife saying she felt like she would fall out of the 2005 but not the 2006.

I went to a dealer to look at a 2005 Mobius LSV but did not like the seat heighth and low freeboard (it felt like you were sitting on the floor), but it was everything else I wanted and at the right price. I was willing to accept it but when I went to the boat show to talk to the dealer, negotiate, and saw the new 2006 Mobius LSV I had to get it. The 2006 design had corrected the only disappointing issues I had with the 2005-seat height and deeper freeboard. I could get it for about the same price as a 2-5 year old v-drive CC Malibu or MC with most of the same important options to me. I also was able to configure it the way I wanted (wife got her colors), got a good deal on a lot of options and can't wait to take delivery. The dealer is very immportant too. I have had a good experience with mine so far and have heard nothing but good things from other customers.

I think the boat purhasing process is a very personal one, for instance, I don't like the playpen configuration. My wife made a comment about kids safety with the playpen configuration and I can't see making adult passengers crawl out to the open bow. But I know alot of people must like them based on what boat builders are doing.

It's a personal choice buying a boat-find what works for you and enjoy it! More importantly, make sure your driver likes it.

The 2006 Mobius LSV freeboard is much deeper than previous years and in my mind is comparable to the other boats I sat in, but that is just my opinion. Enjoy!
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       02-26-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
if there is any way possible, go with the 21v. i've owned a 00 outback ls, 03 launch ss, 04 ssv, & now my 05 21v. i have 2 boys ( a 2 yr old & a 4 month old) so i definitely can relate to the freeboard issue. of all the boats this one fits my needs best. it has a ton of room, it handles great for a v-drive, the wake is insane, and i love all of the "bling" it has. the larger boats are nice, but i dont need anything over 22'. i dont think there is a better wake boat for the money. if money wasn't an option there still would be only one boat i would consider taking over the 21v & that's the new nauty 220. that boat is nice! but it's listed at 68k! there is a reason i've owned 4 skiers choice boats & that is because their products are excellent, their prices are fair, and my local dealer is top notch. i would do like david said and try to find a 05 21v. it looks like NAW has one. dont "settle" for a boat, buy what you want or else you're doomed with a ton of regrets. good luck!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
i actually think todd already purchased NAW's 21v