Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-23-2013, 8:49 PM Reply   
Any suggestions? Just want something for snorkeling, and messing around at the pool. Looking to spend around $100-$125 max if possible.

I have seen a few online, but the reviews seem mixed. I want to see if any of you guys have experience with anything.
Thanks as always WW!
Old     (morgan437)      Join Date: May 2013       06-23-2013, 9:28 PM Reply   
Life proof case, they are awesome I keep my phone in mine at work too to keep all the dust and everything off they are around $80 at best buy
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-24-2013, 5:12 AM Reply   
PM me i have a lifeproof case i'm looking to get rid of ... .Sold my phone no use for the case... Definitely can make a deal for less than 80 bucks on it
Old     (PureWakesurfing1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-24-2013, 5:16 AM Reply   
The Dry Case is $40 new. It works. A little bulky, but anyone can put their phone/camera in it. Totally waterproof.

http://www.drycase.com/waterproof_Sm...artphones.html
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
life prooooooof! da best
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-24-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
Life proof have mixed reviews on amazon. Thanks for the tips guys. Ill let you know which way i end up going. Thx boarder42. I might hit you up.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-24-2013, 12:57 PM Reply   
Life proof with a Life Jacket
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-24-2013, 1:52 PM Reply   
You cant work the screen underwater.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-24-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
You cant work the screen underwater.
On the life proof one? That's kinda important, since I wanna take photos, and possibly video while snorkeling.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
I don't think you are not going to be able to work any of them underwater..its not a function of the case, its a function of the screen being capacitive touch...

I have a feeling this is one reason that the "Plus" (audio increase) button on the side of iPhones now works as the "shutter" button.

Isnt perfect, but it works, if you plan to do a lot of underwater picture taking I would recommend getting one of those sweet durable nikons. For shallow water, daily exposure, and pools, lifeproof is awesome. Long term exposure or depth, they seem to be hit or miss... totally a function of how well you put it on and how often you take it off (these kinda things will wear).

My buddy lost his phone, bottom of Annas Pond in Waimea on the big island, 6+ feet deep......6 months later he got a phone call, someone found it.....

My phone, in a pool for about 30 minutes at around 4 ft, got some water in it....not enough to hurt it at all, but I had to take the case off.
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-25-2013, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
On the life proof one? That's kinda important, since I wanna take photos, and possibly video while snorkeling.
You guys do know you can press the side button of your iphones and it takes the pics right?? We have lifeproofs on all our phones and we're around the water everday. The lifeproof iphone5 case is better than the 4/4s.
We've had phones fall 40'from the towers or off of boats and survive bc they were in lifeproof cases.
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-01-2013, 12:08 AM Reply   
I just turn my phone off before I go under water. When I get out of the pool I just let it dry and hope it works. If not I just go buy a new one.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-04-2013, 3:57 PM Reply   
So I had an amazon gift card, and used it on the lifeproof case and life jacket. Have used it in the pool with the kids a half dozen times or so and haven't had any issues. Was kind of sketched about it, since I can't get insurance on my phone now. But so far, so good. Looking for to end of October so I can try it snorkeling in Maui.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
applecare won't cover water damage anyhow, so you didn't miss out...