Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 7:37 AM Reply   
Tons of killer boats on here and just got done looking at the tow vehicle thread. Apparently there are some here that have some pretty sweet rides and homes, which always begs the questions "What do they do for a living?" and "I wonder how old they are?"....well, at least for me anyways.

So, I guess I'll start. I'm 28 and am a petroleum landman - aka I do land acquisitions for natural gas drilling in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area. Kinda getting bored with it though and have been thinking about looking at some different industries or starting my own company, but those are just ideas for now.

Alright, your turn..........
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
25 and I work in Insurance in N Alabama. Still rocking the parents I/O for now so no flashy boat for me. Plan on buying next winter as I am not going to finance my boat as I would rather finance a house instead.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-30-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
Xbox, it does not suck that I MUST have a console at my work desk
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-30-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
I'M 52 and still working as a SNAP-ON tool dealer.But i love wakeboarding and i'm learning to surf also.
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
25 and a teacher. Family vlx is being passed down as dad is done with boating pretty much. Very thankful to be passed down a quality boat, although it is starting to get a bit old. Still in great shape and should last another couple years for sure but definitely getting the itch to upgrade with all the new models out there.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-30-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
Paul,
I live in Fort Worth as well... We need to meet up and ride sometime.

As for work, I'm an aircraft mechanic at Lockheed.
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_hughes View Post
Paul,
I live in Fort Worth as well... We need to meet up and ride sometime.

As for work, I'm an aircraft mechanic at Lockheed.
Tried to send you a PM, but can't for some reason. Anyways...

You're not too far from my office then...I'm over here off Camp Bowie and I actually just sold a motorcycle to a guy who works at Lockheed. Funny you should mention meeting up and riding. At the age I'm at, the majority of my friends have started families and given up on enjoying life and can't/won't commit to anything. We've been trying to find other people to ride with who around our age and who either have their own boards/boat and will swap out with us or actually pitch in on gas or drinks or something other than using our stuff and hopping off with "thanks" and that's it, but so far have been pretty unsuccessful. My fiance and I only have one other couple that consistently meet up with us on the weekend and we usually swap off weekends of riding on our boat or taking out his speed boat.

I've not been doing any riding though after tearing my teres minor (muslcle right in between your shoulder and lat) on my first pull on my new Epic a little over a month ago. My buddy who has the speed boat thought it necessary to hammer down completely and me being a dumbass tried to hang on and I paid the price. Shoot me your contact info via email at paul.wallace05@yahoo.com and I'll get in touch with you.
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-30-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
Operations Manager for a Non-profit... I have a couple buddies with wakeboard boats :-) Selling the I/O Glastron right now because we always ride behind their boats. Getting a house soon and then gonna work on getting that wakeboat.... 27 y/o by the way.
Old    SamIngram            06-30-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
- Real Estate Appraisal specializing in litigation support (expert witness/testimony)
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Hardwood Selective Logging (Currently cutting in 12 states)
- Real Estate Development (Building a 106 Unit Independent Senior Housing Project in Cave Creek, AZ)
- Real Estate Syndicator
- Commercial Goods Importer
- Farmer (Own the land and lease it out or hire someone to grow something)

I have so many jobs I get confused where I'm suppose to be and what I am suppose to be doing.

Most all of my jobs usually roll into one another.

I find the land with good trees on it, buy the land, cut the good trees, plant new trees, build something commercial on the best corner of the land, and often sell the rest for home sites or hire someone to farm it. I LOVE to argue so my favorite job is working as an expert witness regarding real estate valuation. This often leads to more deals, many of which I can't afford, so I have to syndicate the deal out in order to buy the property or develop it. I also import a couple shipping containers of camera tripods, horse riding helmets, and Finnish Chainsaw Oil a month and sell it on eBay or in local stores.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-30-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
I own an IT consulting firm and electronics restoration company.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-30-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
I manage a group of marketing business development and operations associates for a fortune 100 tech company.
wife - IT business architect for a large healthcare provider - she is my wake board sponsor.
I am 31 my wife is younger.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-30-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
33, I am in charge of maintenance at a up scale nursing home in Erie, PA. i own a couple of slum rentals. i have owned a couple of I/Os i have been lucky enough to buy them in ruff shape fix them up and sell them for some profit. i just bought a 05' enzo sv230. it needed a lot of work but i bought it right. i have always wondered how everyone can afford to buy these 80k boats. i feel real lucky to have this new boat and it took some time for the repairs but im real happy i spent the time.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-30-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
39 going to be 40 soon, Damn it.

1st job, Correctional Officer in Santa Cruz, Ca. going on 15 years in. Benifits are good and the days off are great.

2nd job, Work for father's RV dealership on the side. Opening our second store this July 9th. First dealership is a 5.5 acre store the second dealership is 13.5 acre store with 126,000 square feet of it will be indoor. We are going big to say the least. Wish us luck.

Need an RV!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-30-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Revenue Manager for a large conglomerate - I office out of a software office for our health line of business.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-30-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
Oh yeah and I have a bunch of rental property in Couer d' Alene. They are for sale if anyone is looking. Love that place.
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
In my eyes, there's only 3 ways in which somebody can afford a $75K + boat: a) they straight up have the funds to be able to do so comfortably b) they didn't pay anywhere close to the fair market value and it would have been a stupid idea not to buy it c) they're in debt up to their eyeballs and spend everything they make to pay for the boat and other costs of living.

I may be wrong, but in my experience, that's the only ways I've seen it go.
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullspeed View Post

Need an RV!
My fiance's grandparents gave us a 1976? Airstream travel trailer, I believe it's a 30-32 ft in size - I believe it's called an Excella? Thing is mint. We honestly have no idea where we're gonna put that thing - probably why it's still sitting at their house. Any idea what it's worth?
Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
Just turned 30 today, I'm an Network Architect at Microsoft. I haven't made it to "baller" level as us workers get all the taxes with none of the big bonuses!

Just bought my Moomba this year, previously there's no way I could drop $35k on a boat. I don't finance my toys.
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
^^^^That is my take on financing as well.

If you cant afford it with cash, you cant afford it. For toys anyways.

Last edited by BWB745; 06-30-2011 at 9:37 AM. Reason: edit
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-30-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
32 - litigation attorney. Wife works for her father's consulting firm and runs an embroidery etsy shop. Everything we own is paid off but our house and we are saving hard for something on the lake. I agree that, if you can help it, it's best to not have debt on fast depreciating assets.
Old     (Sethjoe)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-30-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
I sell Malibu and Axis boats.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
32. Business Telecommunication Sales ( sell commercial grade telephone systems).

Family boat but I am the only one that uses it. Don't have the money for an upgrade as I just finished putting my wife through nursing school. She'll pay off soon with the cash rolling in but we are going to start a family here pretty quick so boat time may diminish over the next couple of years.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-30-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
Oh and I'm 35
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-30-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
I run a very successful street pharmaceutical operation

Just kidding!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-30-2011, 10:05 AM Reply   
25 live in Dallas, own and operate a commercial glass company that specializes in aluminum curtain walls. www.jenningsglass.com
Old     (cobra_nuggets)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
28. Criminal defense attorney. Also professional internet poster when I am procrastinating at work.
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-30-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
31 and Avionics tech. Alliance Airport, Fort Worth.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-30-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
27, partner with my father in a construction company specializing in pools/spas/waterfeatures both residential and commercial. Have 8 employees and have a construction crew expanding our office as we speak (the noise is driving us crazy.)
Flip foreclosed homes on the side and have several rentals around the Phx area.
Also have our wholesale car dealers license...brand new to this, just started flipping cars from auction a couple weeks ago. Fun stuff.

Wife is a laser tech (skin) and also runs a homebased skincare biz that surprisingly does well.

No boat personally. Blessed to know a lot of great people with great boats. Will look for my own eventually, but think I ride as much as I would if I had my own anyways.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-30-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
39, Burbank CA. I have my own company, I am a visual effects artist and designer for Major TV Networks and commercials.

This is some of my work - http://www.twelve02.com/

I also pay cash for all my toys... I can't stand to finance anything except my home.

Last edited by twelve02; 06-30-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-30-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
23 Years old -- I am a Operational Excellence (Quality) Engineer for a filtration company - make filters for EVERYTHING from hospital clean rooms - to jet engines - to the nano-sized ones for cell phones/hard drives.... all of them. Only had the job for about 6 months (just graduated in May)....

we have a 1995 Supersport Nautique /SAN 210 -- Went 50/50 with a buddy (everyone who says that never works, it has worked awesome!)... and its paid for! wooo!
Old    ScottRobinson            06-30-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
36, family of 4 kids ages 9,7,5 and 3. Wife is an RN but doesn't work (Daycare would be killer for 4) I own my insurance Agency here in Indiana. We are very very blessed with 4 wonderful kids and my job that allows us to have nice stuff and time to use it. In Indiana we only get about 4 solid months of weather so we make the most of it. We have already had 2 week long trips this summer already for boating. Another one planned week prior to school starting, nothing in July YET! But working on that.

Anyway, I always wonder same stuff. Love this type of thread. Love seeing all the different jobs and ages on this website. Awesome. I view our TOYS as nessecities (can't spell that word) so I don't care what they cost as long as we use them and the kids build memories of a great family life that they take to their lives and kids. May be wrong but life is short, just want to have great family time with everyone and what better place than on or behind a boat!

Oh and we have a 2012 Epic 23V, saw everyone posting their "rides" thought I would too.

Last edited by ScottRobinson; 06-30-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: add boat
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
I work in Vendor Relations for a very large Tactical equipment and logistics solutions company in contract with DOD, DLA. I spend every day helping maximize the effectiveness and safety of our warfighters all over the globe. Modest living....we have a 2005 centurion that gets the job done.
Old    ScottRobinson            06-30-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
HEY TOMMY BOY....your work is AMAZING man! Congrats! Cool job!! Wish I had some talent like that. I sit at a desk all day talking money with people, fun sometimes, but no creative bone in my body. Love seeing people's creative side! AWESOME...just thought I would post.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
36, I'm in auto sales for Ford and the wife is a Real Estate Broker.
Old     (0klahoma_Breakdown)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Work for Travelocity.com Interacting with and advising Hotel Revenue Managers in DFW and Houston area. Just sold our Tige but currently shopping around. It sucks being without a boat for the summer!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-30-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
Sales and Marketing manager for a company who makes really awesome pistons...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-30-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
35, I am in sales. Software and GPS Tracking equipment for the Transportation industry. My wife is and events coordinator for a local credit union.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-30-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Onlyinboards.com - 36
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve02 View Post
39, Burbank CA. I have my own company, I am a visual effects artist and designer for Major TV Networks and commercials.

This is some of my work - http://www.twelve02.com/

I also pay cash for all my toys... I can't stand to finance anything except my home.
Well, with clients like that, I'm pretty sure you're not having any problems with paying for toys
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
26, live in DFW area and I am a superintendent for a commercial general contractor.

Hey Brett do you work with Kawneer products at all?
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
To expand on Scott's post about toys as necessities....I agree whole heartedly. Our 2011 Epic 23V is me and my fiance's "honeymoon", as we're getting married in September. We started looking at how many days we had to take off work (and we're independent contractors, so if we're not working, we're not getting paid), how much it was gonna cost for a honeymoon, and then all we would be left with is a couple days off from work, some memories and photos, a big bill and not a single tangible thing.

So, we decided we'd rather have weekends and weekends of fun and bought our boat instead. Here in Ft. Worth, TX, boating season is April/May - September easily as it's still in the 80's then.

It just reinforced that I had a keeper when she was all for the idea!!!
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-30-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
I'm a home loan officer for a large international bank, and am 28 years old. My fiance is the personal assistant to the CEO of a high net worth investment firm that specializes in corporate benefits.

I also have the pleasure of owning a rental property, that I get smoked on every month, in addition to our primary residence. I'm more of a slalom skier, but also wakeboard, so my boat isn't anything too nuts, 2008 Moomba Outback Direct Drive that I special ordered 3 years ago. Was looking at buying a new one this year, but it just didn't make sense.

Financing isn't necessarily a bad thing; I'm 100% commission and in a very volatile industry. I'd rather have $30,000 more in my savings account 'just incase' and a $350 boat payment at a relatively low rate (6%) - at least I know if the ***** hits the fan I can feed my family and stay afloat much longer with cash than I can with a boat that's owned free & clear. Whether you have $50,000 in savings or $1,000,000, it never hurts to have more. I also wouldn't buy a $75,000 ski/wakeboat, but thats just me. Cash is king.

Last edited by ian_ashton; 06-30-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spellng
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-30-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Jarrod- everyday. is that who you work for?
Old     (V237TX_Nate)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-30-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
Army Logisitics Officer with 2 year long combat tours in Iraq under my belt (finishing my second one very shortly). I am on my way out of the Army at the end of this year, so if you know of any logistics or operations management openings (in texas) out there.... Let me know!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-30-2011, 11:50 AM Reply   
I am a physician and deliver a fair number of babies. So my favorite things are to break water...and then go and break water. Hoping that I never have to face Chattwake in the courtroom.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
No I work for a GC. We've got a remodel coming up with a glass curtain wall system and window fronts. Send me a pm so I can get you on my bid list.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2011, 12:19 PM Reply   
I just turned 30 last month and after years of working in an assistant role, I finally became my own boss (in February). I work as a Financial Planner/Insurance Agent for a small firm in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Fortunately I am debt free as the transition has been a slow one dollar wise. Seems lots of folks are concerned about the markets. I am very blessed with good friends that also have good boats! Hoping that things will pick up in the next few years and make that slightly used boat a reality! Who needs some investments?!
Old     (lalh20)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-30-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
28 years old (turning 29 July 5th). Insurance (annuities) marketing for an Insurance Marketing Organization.
Old     (j2dna)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-30-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
38 - Live in Little Rock, AR and work as an IT Engineer for a company out of NY. Wife is an IT Manager for the same company (different group).

We purchased a 2010 RZ2 last year. We mainly bought it for the kids to enjoy through their teenage years.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-30-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
32, I own Coastal Railing and Fence in the FL Panhandle. We do all types of aluminum, glass, stainless, composite and vinyl railing & fence systems for beach houses, condos, whatever... We also do custom heavy glass shower enclosures too. I can ship railings nationwide so if your in the building industry and have a need please let me know.
www.coastalrailingandfence.com
Old     (boomboom)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-30-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
I'm a dolphin waxer at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. I'm rocking a 9 year old boat, so obviously shining porpoises doesn't pay too well. Chicks dig it though-that's all that really matters right!?
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-30-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
27, trade options and real estate
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       06-30-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
29 -Sr Accountant Exec for a company that Finances small businesses, part time photographer, and I own an apartment complex.

Rock a 2007 SAN...waited for a long time to get the right deal -don't jump on the first thing that comes along and you'll get a good deal on almost anything...that's my .02.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
Contract Surety and some commercial insurance. Wife is a 4th grade teacher. We have two rental houses.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-30-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
I think downing someone for financing a boat is wrong.I paid cash for my first 2 boats and financed my last one for 5 years at 3.9 percent.My house is paid for and i needed a write off.I will be retiring in 5 years so i wanted to save my retirement money[which i'm getting better than 3.9 percent on.]for retirement.So all i'm saying is don't make these general statements without all the facts.I know plenty of people who bought houses in the last five years that have depreciated more than their boats.Be happy for the people that are enjoying life while they can.We don't get a do over if we didn't have enough fun the first time around.HAPPY BOATING EVERYONE!
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
If it matters...we have a 2006 Supra 21V that we picked up last year for what I consider a great deal.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       06-30-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
25, asset management
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-30-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Talltigueguy,

For the record, I defend doctors, so you want me in the courtroom with you!

Also, I own a 2011 Axis A22 (Vandal/Raptor). I would not buy another boat on the market for the money right now.

Last edited by chattwake; 06-30-2011 at 1:57 PM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-30-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
I'm a dolphin waxer at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. I'm rocking a 9 year old boat, so obviously shining porpoises doesn't pay too well. Chicks dig it though-that's all that really matters right!?
Wait, so you get paid to flog the dolphin?
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
I'm not knocking anybody for financing a boat. I believe it is much smarter to pay out monthly that to be out $35K+ in cash to have a paid off toy. Hell, mine is financed, but we put a good portion down and got a smoking deal on it - I won't buy anything that is not a smoking deal. What I was referring to is people who spend everything they make to pay monthly for a boat and then wind up $20K upside down it after 3 years.
Old     (mastercard)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-30-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
32, oil and gas production operator, no wife or kids, drive used vehicles and 10 year old boats. It helps that I don't mind fixing a few things every now and then.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       06-30-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
I have never hear of a dolphin waxer? What kind of things do you have to do in the interview? haha ...just playing, it doesn't actually sound too bad!

I'm 31, work as an Medical Imaging Supervisor, and as an MRI/CT Technologist in the seattle area.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-30-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Work in a family security business.
Controller which is a fancy word for running the office AP, AR Payroll all the fun stuff. Interesting my wife works next to me so we are together pretty much 24 hours a day 7 days a week. My parents office is next store but they only work a couple days a week now. I am 33 and we have a family 2003 X-2. We also own a rental town house that I would love to sell but refuse to lose my ass on.
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-30-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
I work in a Probation Dept as the CFO and also manage the alternative sentencing programs. I. My husband is a Chief Mate on an oil tanker...moving petroleum products around the coastal United States, Gulf, and South America. We are both 29. Given my husbands profession we have always had boats and been on the water. We recently upgraded from a 2001 Centurion Bowrider to a 2011 Axis A-22 and could not be more pleased. Wakeboats are an expensive recreation choice but for us worth the expense given the fun we have and time with family and friends.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-30-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
38, Dallas, Corporate attorney. Primarily I represent institutional investors with respect to investments in hedge funds, private equity funds, and custom managed account arrangements. I also do some mergers and acquisitions of privately held companies and other general corporate work from time to time.

I recently purchased a 2000 SAN and am still in the process of working the undisclosed bugs out (presently chasing an intermittent stalling problem) and making the desired upgrades. I did this right after I finally got my 99 Air Nautique just the way I wanted it... and then sold it.
Old     (LightningRon)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-30-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
28, SSgt in the US Air Force. I work Ammo so I play with bombs and missiles all day! My wife is going to school to get her CNRA and be an Anesthesiologist. I have had a 2004 Centurion Lightning for the last two summers, but I'm thinking about upgrading to an Axis very very soon!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2011, 5:52 PM Reply   
I had a few good paragraphs typed up to comment on the posts bagging on people who financed but decided against it....I would just say don't make such a general statement, there are still a lot of people who manage their debt and make smart decisions with their money vs. leveraging credit. cwb4me said all I was thinking.

31, VP, Sr. Product Manager at a financial services tech. company and my wife is 29 and a Supervisor of Speech and Language at a local University specializing in Autism and Behavior Analysis. We just bought our first boat last year after riding on our friend's boats for about 6 years. We got a really good deal on a '08 Supra 21V with 0 hours on it and decided the time was right and we could afford it. We look forward to all of the memories we're making and will be on our boat and even more so when we have kids (wife is expecting and due in August with our first!)

Enjoy life and happy boating everyone, life is too short!
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2011, 5:56 PM Reply   
29 - Dallas, TX - Commercial loan workouts in the commercial mortgage backed securities industry. Glorified debt collector if you ask me. I get crappy real estate owners to pay their loans or take em via foreclosure. Wifey is in the same industry but a slightly different job. Met at my old work/her current work.

Current boat is an 06 VLX, although it changes almost every season. The used boat market has been good to me, so I'll keep buying deals as long as I come out on top in the end.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       06-30-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
WOW! I think Dave needs to make a networking section for WW addicts. Then we can work and play! After reading all of this I realized I can build a house. have a baby, get a web site built, invest my money, have some one to collect my money, get my dolphin waxed, sue some one and protect myself from getting sued. DAMN WAKE WORLD ROCKS!

35yo superintendent who ownes an 07vlx out right. took a lot of side jobs to get that one done. If you ever need a dog house built in Seattle look me up I`ll glady help. WWW.BenderChaffey.com
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-30-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmy79 View Post
I had a few good paragraphs typed up to comment on the posts bagging on people who financed but decided against it....I would just say don't make such a general statement, there are still a lot of people who manage their debt and make smart decisions with their money vs. leveraging credit. cwb4me said all I was thinking.

31, VP, Sr. Product Manager at a financial services tech. company and my wife is 29 and a Supervisor of Speech and Language at a local University specializing in Autism and Behavior Analysis. We just bought our first boat last year after riding on our friend's boats for about 6 years. We got a really good deal on a '08 Supra 21V with 0 hours on it and decided the time was right and we could afford it. We look forward to all of the memories we're making and will be on our boat and even more so when we have kids (wife is expecting and due in August with our first!)

Enjoy life and happy boating everyone, life is too short!
CONGRATULATIONS on BOTH of your new additions! HAPPY BOATING.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-30-2011, 7:01 PM Reply   
23- Katy, TX. Work for Schlumberger Oil Field services as an offshore well cementing field specialist.

Boat is a 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV I bought used in October of 2010. Financed 28k of it.
Tow vehicle is a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Lonestar HEMI paid cash for in April.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-30-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie929 View Post

I've not been doing any riding though after tearing my teres minor (muslcle right in between your shoulder and lat) on my first pull on my new Epic a little over a month ago. My buddy who has the speed boat thought it necessary to hammer down completely and me being a dumbass tried to hang on and I paid the price. Shoot me your contact info via email at paul.wallace05@yahoo.com and I'll get in touch with you.
you are an aggie!

WRECK EM TECH!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-30-2011, 7:08 PM Reply   
28 yrs old, Director of eGRC at U.S. Bank.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-30-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
If I told you, I'd have to kill ya.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-30-2011, 7:14 PM Reply   
I'm 42 my wife is 33 and we are both journeymen union steam fitters
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-30-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
35, Manager for a Retail Grocery chain here in CA. I have to admit, time to start looking around for something new as they seem to infringe more and more on my riding time.
Old     (Khemosahbe)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-30-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
36 - Electrical engineer designing and developing blade servers at a computer manufacturer. Wife is an RN. Running a '93 Ski Ray DD inboard that I bought in '03, it's an oldie but a goodie.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-30-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
46 - Power Plant/ Critical Utilities, Maint/ Operations at UC Davis Medical Center. Wife does well with Verizon.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-30-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
Im 34 and I own a Security Company that specializes in Digital Surveiallance and Access Control. Started the company 10 years ago. My wife is an RN and work part time. 2 kids. Own 1 rental property. Bought a Mobius XLV new in 2008. Paid cash. I'm addicted to wakeboarding.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-30-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
Real Estate Appraiser & Real Estate Broker - Wife works for the Postal Service.

I am 39 and she is older by a few.