Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    jolly_roger_wake            08-18-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
Wonderin if anyone has this problem. I don't want to tear my board up, but at the same time I think girls might find me more attractive if I hit sliders. I'm thinkin of hittin up a cable park, and they let you rent boards there. Would that be a good investment to save my board, or should I save my money and stick with what I'm already comfortable with?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
Its gonna tear up your board. It's not as much the wear, as the few times you nail the nose or tail on something, and split it. It's your call, what I would do is just buy a "beater" board, something with molded fins and a nice easy rocker. Rails are cool, but they will destroy a board. Even if you hit them perfect, you still are running the risk of ruining a core, and weakening the board.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-19-2006, 2:13 AM Reply   
this is a dumb question... OF COURSE ITS GUNNA MESS UP YOUR BOARD.. your hitting a hard material.... boards are designed to ride on water.... Plus first slider hit.. there goes your warranty
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-19-2006, 2:30 AM Reply   
Lance,

The Ladies will find you at least 3% more attractive if you hit sliders. Maybe 4. My question to you: can you really put a price on that?

Thanks.
Old    jolly_roger_wake            08-19-2006, 5:15 AM Reply   
I understand sliders will tear up the board, I think what I was trying to get at was to what extent so I could weight the cost vs. the benefits. A 3 to 4 % increase on the ladies really doesn't seem worth it in the long run
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-19-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
Just go bigger behind the boat and increase your chance with chicks 5-6%, that or get a jib friendly board like the Premier.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-19-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
who cares its just a wakeboard.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-19-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Andy - We don't all get a board in the mail every ten days. Some people have to pay for their stuff.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-19-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
or get an old roam i think you could get hooked up for like 120
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
what i've found that is much more effective in impressing the ladies rather than sliders is a great looking suit. I have a neon yellow speedo that drives them wild. They cannot stop staring. I wear it with a comp vest. The vest is a too small, so it shoves all my fat down onto my lower abdomen. Serious muffin topping happens, but chicks seem to dig it.

Try it. It is easier and less expensive than sliders.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-20-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
MY eyes, ooooohhhhhh the visual.... make it ...go ..AWAY!!!!.....Nooooooo ..please lord don't have this burned into my memory.
Ohhh the inhumanity...
Old    jolly_roger_wake            08-20-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
John- what if I hit a slider while wearing your suggested outfit?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Chicks care less about the skills. Have boat, fill with beer/wine coolers/soda/whatever, and as long as you're not some hog, they'll line up for a ride.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-20-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
all chicks care about is raley's. you could do a x-mobe and the girls would say "I really like that superman trick"

I don't care about saving my board...I go through a lot of them, to me it's worth the fun of sliders. I personally don't think one day of hitting sliders is going to mess up your board...mine usually last 6 months of hitting sliders 3-4 days a week.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
I second the "all chicks care about is raley's."

(Message edited by yosquire on August 20, 2006)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-21-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
it all depends on the board. I took the molded in fins off my byerly and a premier in 1 day from hitting sliders but then i have another byerly and a randy harris that have lasted two seasons. My 06 watson is weak too. 1 dock slide and i burned through to the core in a couple spots.