Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Boost_GSXR)      Join Date: May 2012       06-04-2015, 2:57 PM Reply   
I did a quick search and didn't find and current threads. I'm looking for good schools to take a week lesson at. I have hit a wall on getting better so I think it's time I caughed up some cash and went to a school. Where have u guys gone? How was it?
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-04-2015, 6:34 PM Reply   
I highly recommend The Boarding School. Travis is one of the best drivers and coaches you will find.

http://www.theboardingschool.com/
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-04-2015, 6:41 PM Reply   
I recommend that too!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2015, 8:00 AM Reply   
Nothing better than training with Shaun and Travis.

If the west coast is a consideration, I would highly recommend Mike Schwenne's camp, West Coast Camps. He's developed a system for teaching that is low risk. Go check out his page and see all of the 11 year old kids that leave camp landing backrolls and all kinds of other stuff. Mike and his team have an eye for things that most people just don't catch.
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-05-2015, 8:59 AM Reply   
I have nothing but good things to say about Cobe and Tarah at Freedom Wake Park as well. We have gone there a couple of times and all progressed.
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       06-05-2015, 8:06 PM Reply   
Check out gator bait wakeboard school in Miami. Theres a G25 there and honestly I learned 5 tricks in 5 days with those guys. They really know what there talking about
Old     (gekkorider08)      Join Date: May 2015       06-06-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
is there anything near Alabama that anyone would recommend?
Old     (Boost_GSXR)      Join Date: May 2012       06-06-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
Awesome, I'll check into these. Thanks!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2015, 7:49 AM Reply   
CJ,

The guys at Georgia Wakeboard Lessons are really good. They are just outside Atlanta. But, if you can make it down to Florida we'll take good care of you.

Travis
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-09-2015, 6:46 PM Reply   
Perhaps you can be more specific about a location. My favs are:

Central Florida Area: It doesn't get any better than Cobe and Tarah at Freedom Wake Park http://freedomwakepark.com

South Florida: Dean Lavelle LTS http://www.ltswake.com. Dean is a great coach, and he has all kinds of different boat/rope/gear setups to train customers at any level. Great site too, and it is well protected from those nasty South Florida winds.

I rode once at Gator Bait in Miami. I think Marcos is an awesome coach, but unfortunately we got some really bad weather when I was there. I'm not crazy about the G25 though.
Old     (brandon_lee)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2015, 9:25 AM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words, Travis!

CJ - We're about 3 hours away from you, but I think we have some options that could work. If you're interested, shoot me a message through our contact page at http://www.georgiawakeboardlessons.com and we can talk more. And Travis isn't lying when he says they'll take good care of you at TBS if you can make it down to FL.

Brandon