Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-19-2011, 7:32 PM Reply   
So in pondering all options it seems that the Enzo is the best pure wakesurfing boat out there, am I correct? I currently have an 06 X2 and its a great boat but not the best for wakesurfing. All I really care about is being able to have all bags hidden and having a sick & clean & long surf wake.

Just curious what others would get if all they cared about was surfing and wanted all ballast hidden.
Prefer not to spend over 65k.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
Supreme 226
Sanger V237
Would all have to be on the short list.

Tige' RZ2
Malibu LSV
If you can get them under 65k
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-19-2011, 8:00 PM Reply   
Darren good point on the 226, I forgot all about it!
I guess it would be prudent to mention that I surf goofy so Starboard side has to surf good as well, I think I read somewhere that the enzo does not surf well goofy unless you change something on the drive?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-19-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
^^^ Referring to changing the prop rotations to RH?
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-19-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
Yes, thats what I meant.

The Goofy wave on my X2 is really clean, the regular is not. I heard the Enzo's have to be altered (prop rotation) in order to get a clean goofy wake. I need something that will produce clean on both sides preferably.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-19-2011, 9:43 PM Reply   
Jake, I'm so glad my lady friend and I ride goofy and it's only us in the boat. No need to to have to worry about "the other side". The Sanger 237 is a super good boat for surfing on both sides and the goofy side goes a long way back. There's a youtube video of one being surfed goofy AND all the ballast is hidden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0YH8fwCmM

Last edited by you_da_man; 06-19-2011 at 9:46 PM.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2011, 10:08 PM Reply   
Enzos are good, but i wouldnt say the best. And i personally dont like the looks of the centurions.

All my examples are Tiges, I know there are others I just cant think of them right now!
Wake9 guys get a great wave behind their Tige RZ2 and Im pretty sure all their ballast is hidden. Duffy gets a sweet wave behind his Tige 24V and his ballast is all hidden.
We have a Tige 20V and get a good wave with completely hidden ballast. #1100 in rear locker, #250 up front under seats, #350 (that fills to about 175#) under surfside seats. wave like this is fun and good sized, but we add another 350# on smooth days and it really gets big.

I ride goofy on the "regular" side. Who says you have to ride toeside?
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-19-2011, 10:17 PM Reply   
Damn AJ, that is a real nice wave on both sides!

Joey, I like what I have seen from the Tige but the prices I have seen are up there! I do not mind at all buying a used boat as long as the hours are reasonable for the year and its in great shape.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, really enjoying seeing the videos and peoples opinions, helpful!

For what its worth I am in Kansas and do not have a dealer for any of the boats mentioned, that does not bother me except from a warranty standpoint in which I would just take the boat where it needed to go if I had one.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-19-2011, 10:27 PM Reply   
Im not real keen on the look of the Sanger boats for some reason....... personal pref I guess?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2011, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhart73 View Post
Im not real keen on the look of the Sanger boats for some reason....... personal pref I guess?
Get new eyes, your current ones are faulty.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-20-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Get new eyes, your current ones are faulty.
No kidding, Sanger is a great looking boat with a really plush interior. Definitely one of my favorite boats as far as color/gel coat scheme and it just has nice lines.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-20-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
Tige all the way... go try any of the new ones- the Surf wakes are insane. I have a 21V (2001) we put 500 un the rear locker and 600 in the walkway and the wake is tall, long and firm. Best surf wake I have been on.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-20-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
MB's boat line.
The supreme 226 already mentioned.
Sanger
Centurion Avalanche
The last two are probably close to your $$ limit new. If not new, many options from most brands (Bu, RZ2). This has been discussed before and followed by a pizzing match. My crew is my wife and daughter spotting so about 200lbs of people in the boat. Depending on your crew size can change the wave alot. The 09+ Avalanches are all 'right-surf' boats so the goofy side is already a bit longer/bigger than it's other side. MB TWB is my first choice but I already got my ride.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-20-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
All of the boats listed above are great boats. I personally believe the Centurion Avy is the best boat for the money. I get the same wave on both sides (long and clean with a lot of push). The hull on the Avy has not changed in a while so you could buy one 2005 and newer.

Note: I believe that Centurion changed the prop rotation on the Avy in 2009 to help clean up the wakeboard wake. I really dont believe it had much impact on the surf wake. I dont surf on the goofy side that often. But when we do on my 08 Avy, I really do believe it is as nice as the regular side (if not a little better).

If money is not a concern, then it would come down to all of the other things to me (fit/finish, local dealer, size boat, tower, etc)

My list (in no order and regardless of price) that should you should test drive
Enzo 230/240
Avy
Tige 22/24 (RZ or Ve)
Supreme 226
Sanger 237
Bu 23/247
MC 225
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-20-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
I'm really impressed with the supreme 226 surf wake from everything I've seen.
I dig the look of the MB's but haven't seen many examples or talk of the surf wake?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-20-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
I think you should think about how much push the wave gives you. I think you can make all the recomended boats work, but you may want to look at the shape of the wave and the power it makes. I am a 6'4 and ended up with an enzo, i liked the tige, and have had bu's up until now. I liked my bu as well, my friends just sold there avy and it makes a great wave, not as much power as the enzo, but still a nice shape with good push. Thats important to me, especially when you want to be able to ride a smaller board or you dont have a fully loaded boat. I still toss a 500lb sac on the side seat when we only have 2 or 3 peeps just to get that extra power. I would drive them all, bring 3 big sac;s with you and load the things up. hope this helps
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-20-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
I likely will not be able to test many of these boats. I am in BFE Kansas and the only
Wake boats here are MC, Axis and Malibu. Closest place to see many of these is Texas.
Old     (dgeiler)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-21-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
Jake,
What part of BFE Kansas are you in? Ever get close to Denver? If so holler, I can get you ride behind behind a few of these boats. I previously owned a Tige 22Ve, and it produced a great wave on both sides. I currently ride behind our Tige RZR and my brother's RZ2 , and like Joey said, the Wake9 crew has dialed in the wave behind the RZ2 and shard the setup. The wave is extremely impressive and very symmetrical. I am dialing in the wave behind our RZR as well, it's great and has a long pocket with tons of push, again the wave is very symmetrical which is important to me as I am the only goofy rider in our crew. Oh, forgot to mention that all the ballast in both boats is hidden.