Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-13-2013, 4:42 AM Reply   
I am really looking forward to the 3rd stop of the Endless Wave Tour at Wake the Desert. If you are anywhere in the area, please come and say hi, better yet, take a clinic or a demo or something. Its gonna be a great event.

We have also been doing some R&D on TAPs plates specifically design to work best with the Convex VX and its been a lot of fun. RJ on the first test of the final design blew me away with his increased performance on airs. He said the transition felt smoother, the face was more solid, and the lip was even cleaner and easier to launch from than before. It was already great, so we didn't expect that.

I didn't get his best airs in any stills, but here is a good one, the best are in the video.

IMG_5141 by wake9, on Flickr

The wake was exceptionally well formed and you can see it when Takoh gets out for her signature bottom turn, dubbed the Takoh Turn.

IMG_5249 by wake9, on Flickr

You can also see our special pole in that pic and we got some great shots in the video, here is Takoh getting some great air, more than I have seen her get before.

IMG_5393 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is the video, and if you are going to be anywhere in Texas this coming weekend, come out and say hi to all of us.

Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       07-14-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
is RJ still riding Jeff's board in that video, did something happen to his new board?....
i just noticed that it has a different stringer than the one in your fathers day video
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-16-2013, 3:40 AM Reply   
Very observant, I didn't catch that til the next day when RJ watched and corrected me. He put a small hairline crack in the back of the other, and was repairing, and wanted to use this board, the crack is cosmetic, but if you don't repair and seal it can get water in the board and he was nervous.

That said, he gets better air on the Jimmi Six, and so it makes that new TAPs plate even more cool to me because was noticeably airing out better and higher, and so was takoh on the other side.

Sorry for the late response, we are traveling.
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-17-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
Im ready!!! Just looked at the forecast and it looks like it is gonna be great!
SEE YOU THERE!