Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old    DanDoubleE            07-14-2010, 12:28 AM Reply   
So Ive been riding the same board for the last 7 years.. Its a 2003 Hyperlite Motive 128 (which Im in love with) but its time for a new board. I want to stick with Hyperlite, and Im guessing that I will need something bigger (Im 5' 9") but Im not sure what to get?

Does anyone have any advice what kind or size of board to get?

Thank you
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-20-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
What is your riding level and budget? There are a ton of amazing boards out this year!
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-20-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
This is my first year really progressing with my riding... w2w, switch riding, surface tricks, 180s, etc. I have a Hyperlite Syn 132. I'm 5'6" 120lbs and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my board! It has great edging and also has really good pop off the wake. The Syn is a considered an "intermediate to advanced" board and is a continuous rocker.

http://www.evogear.com/wakeboards/hy...mens-2010.aspx

You can always find previous year models for much cheaper.
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-20-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
Also, you may want to call around to some local board/boat shops to see if they have any demo days. A boat shop in Colorado has demo days every Monday where they let you demo any board they offer and also give free lessons from their team riders. Board reps in the area also team up with the boat shops during the season to offer demo days.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2010, 4:37 AM Reply   
get on the SYN. I rode a tribute for a good bit and its a really good board. Kudos to Greg Nelson on the shape.